Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 16: July-December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch that is a nasty (not to mention, painful) looking bruise. I guess that can happen with someone her age. You can bruise more easily at her age, right?
It looks like she must've bumped it rather hard, though. I hope she did not fall off her horse! Given that she rides without any protective equipment.... The only positive outcome from something like that is it might give her incentive to wear protective gear from now on. I do wish she would do it. I don't like that she rides with only her headscarf on her head.

Last edited:
I reckon she told Princess Anne that her hair was old fashioned.

Yeah, haha....... :D But my Lord, if Anne can do that....?! :ohmy:

Unlikely to have happened due to a fall off her horse and a helmet wouldn't have protected her anyway.

It probably happened when she fell off her chair laughing. :D

One of the country's most high profile historians delivered a withering attack on the Queen last night.
David Starkey, an expert on the British monarchy, has reportedly accused the head of state of being a philistine and being poorly educated.

The Queen is a philistine who lacks an education, says David Starkey | the Daily Mail

David Starkey is ending his series on the monarchy with some blistering conclusions - lose the Church of England and find salvation in Charles.

Interview: David Starkey | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited

I suppose that whether or not she is educated depends on your definition of an education..................I myself consider her quite educated.

So who is spending Christmas Eve/Christmas with the Queen this year?

So who is spending Christmas Eve/Christmas with the Queen this year?

Hello, I thing Anne :angel:and her Family is there. The Children from Margaret. Alexandra. The Family is so big.

I wish all a silent Christmas:xmastree2:

^ The Queen has visited Northern Ireland (sometime in the 90s) but never has visited Ireland, although other members of the family have visited Ireland.
I believe the BBC article you posted mentioned that the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh had been there.
It also mentions that the last reigning monarch to visit Ireland was George V.

Exclusive footage of royal party

Never-before-seen footage of the Royal Family gathering to celebrate the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's diamond wedding anniversary featured in the monarch's Christmas broadcast this year.

As they pose for a group photograph, the Queen, sitting in the prime spot in the front row, delivers a spontaneous enthusiastic "cheese".

While royals including heir to the throne the Prince of Wales and Prince William stand around mingling, Prince Harry asks with a grin: "Are you going to feed us now?"
</H1>The Press Association: Exclusive footage of royal party

Hello, Merry Christmas to all :)

I have a question: Where can I find pictures of the Queen and her family walking to church service? I have looked many places but can not find them.

Many thanks if you can help.

:flowers:

One of the country's most high profile historians delivered a withering attack on the Queen last night.
David Starkey, an expert on the British monarchy, has reportedly accused the head of state of being a philistine and being poorly educated.

The Queen is a philistine who lacks an education, says David Starkey | the Daily Mail

David Starkey is ending his series on the monarchy with some blistering conclusions - lose the Church of England and find salvation in Charles.

Interview: David Starkey | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited
Good God what an ass!
There are different levels of education. HM was not formally educated, (she wasn't supposed to inherit the throne!) but she certainly isn't a dummy! She has educated herself quite well, thank you very much!
Her tastes happen to be different from this posturing prig!

Hello, Merry Christmas to all :)

I have a question: Where can I find pictures of the Queen and her family walking to church service? I have looked many places but can not find them.

Many thanks if you can help.

:flowers:
Hi Melania:

You can find those pictures in this thread. :flowers:

Thanks Liz for the link. :flowers:

The family looks wonderful, as always.

Hello Magazine Article: :flowers: There are 3 photos here.
British royal family brighten up a rainy Christmas morning

27 DECEMBER 2007

It was one of the rainiest Christmas mornings since the Queen began spending the festive season at Sandringham in 1988. However, the inclement weather didn't dampen the spirits of the royal family or the hundreds of well-wishers who turned out to see them arrive at church.

British royal family brighten up a rainy Christmas morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos from Dec. 30 church attendance?

Has anyone seen photos from today's church services at Sandringham? I saw a report that said the Countess of Wessex was there, but there were no photos with it.

The Daily Mail has a picture of Sophie with the Queen.

A new year and a new thread.
Part 18 can be found here.

  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom