The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Two nice pics here:
The Queen attends Royal Festival Hall gala concert [9 October 2007]
1) HM reopening the Royal Festival Hall yesterday
2) Her parents at the opening in 1951
The Press Association: Queen reopens Royal Festival Hall
56 years of Royal box office | Evening Standard

Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Edna star Humphries collects CBE

Barry Humphries gets his CBE. What a star. Very well deserved though like a true gent he didn't let on what HM said to him.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Edna star Humphries collects CBE

Barry Humphries gets his CBE. What a star. Very well deserved though like a true gent he didn't let on what HM said to him.
Sir Robin Janvrin was among the recipients of honours today too. He received the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Bath.
See Full List
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 11.10.2007

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II poses with the recipients of the Order of Merit, at Buckingham Palace, in London,
Thursday Oct. 11, 2007. They are, back row, left to right: Lord Rees of Ludlow, Lord Eames, Sir David
Attenborough, Lord Rothschild, Sir Roger Penrose, Sir James Black, Sir Anthony Caro, Sir Tom Stoppard,
Lord May of Oxford, Baroness Boothroyd, Sir Michael Howard, Sir Timothy Berners-Lee and Lord Fellowes.
Front row, left to right: Sir Denis Rooke, Sir Michael Atiyah, Baroness Thatcher, Reverend Owen Chadwick,
The Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Elizabeth II, The Prince of Wales, Sir Andrew Huxley, Dame Joan Sutherland,
Lucian Freud, and Lord Foster of Thames Bank. The order, established in 1902, is a reward for distinguished
service in the armed forces, science, art, literature of for the promotion of culture, and is limited to the Sovereign
and 24 members ----> Pic

with the Ambassador of Luxembourg, Mr Hubert Wurth ---> Pic
with the High Commissioner for Bangladesh, Mr Shafi U Ahmed ---> Pic
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 AM

The Mail has an article and nice large picture from the Order of Merit luncheon that The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh held today. Nelson Mandela, having the honorary Order of Merit since his state visit to Britain in 1995, stands behind the Queen and the Duke.
11 October 2007--> Picture
The most exclusive club in the world | the Daily Mail
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Why is Margaret Thatcher dressed for a funeral? Are in state mourning?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Why is Margaret Thatcher dressed for a funeral? Are in state mourning?
(referring to this pic) Everyone is in dark or darkish colours, apart from Nelson Mandela and...
Who's the odd person out (and therefore the stand-out)?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Ah I see! I get it now. The Queen has to stand out. Right.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Administrator

I'm sure you got it the first time.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:28 AM

I have to own up to a moment of thickness and say I didn't.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Nobility

It is wow Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philis is active and good healt his high age. They will married at 60th wedding anniversary!!! Queen Elizabet see out healt good and alert!!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

QUEEN ELIZABETH II - MARGOYLES TERRIFIED OF THE QUEEN

Veteran British actress MIRIAM MARGOYLES is terrified of British royal QUEEN ELIZABETH II. The 66-year-old star once met the monarch at an official engagement,
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II presents 14 year-old Zainab Ahmed, from SarahBonnell School, Newham with a book selected by the Poet Laureate AndrewMotion, From Here to Eternity: An Anthology of Poetry, after her poem,ŽA Twist In TimeŽ, was read out following a poetry workshop for Londonschool children at Buckingham Palace today.

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/ImageH...Id=0&handle=-1
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 AM

Thanks for the post, fanletizia. For me the link you posted doesn't work. In case others have a problem, here is a link to the gallery.

Polfoto gallery: search "Queen Elizabeth"
Latest pics: The Poetry Day at Buckingham Palace yesterday, and also The Queen meeting members from the New Zealand Rugby League in the Palace Bow Room.

The Gloucesters were also on the books for this event but I haven't seen any pics with them yet.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:54 AM

17 October 2007
The Queen and The Duke visited the Pool of London to name the Trinity House vessel Galatea. The Duke is Master of Trinity House.
Abaca Press Gallery

18 October 2007
Investiture at Buckingham Palace (two "sword" pictures from Polfoto)
The Queen knights Ramon Thurecht
The Queen knights Professor George Castledine from Kidderminster
--> Gallery
Old 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 19.10.2007

Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the new
Diamond Light Source facility in Didcot in Oxfordshire, 19 Oct:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the new
Diamond Light Source facility in Didcot in Oxfordshire, 19 Oct:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

What a pity HM is wearing that outfit AGAIN, with so many nice clothes why oh why do these same outfits keep on appearing again and again and again?

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:53 AM

I don't know why but the hat she wore in Didcot reminds me strongly of Willy Wonka. I think it's the shape of the hat and the way it sits on her head, and the black trim, but could also just be another example of how crazy I am..... In any case, the dark colors don't suit her as well as the bright ones; though the "Willy Wonka" feeling made me smile. Great movie, that.

Forgot to mention....... The Queen has sent a message of good luck to the English rugby team in advance of the match against South Africa at the Stade de France near Paris.
Queen to send message of support to England rugby team - Yahoo! News
She confirms that The Princess Royal is to represent her at the match.
It also says that a Clarence House spokesman said Prince Harry is closely following the Cup and implies that Harry & William will be at the match today. But I am not sure the CH guy actually said that....
Old 10-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

These pictures are from October 15, but since they were not posted before, here they are.

Queen Elizabeth II, wearing the regimental brooch, hosts a reception at St James's, London for the Queen's Royal Lancers to mark the Sixtieth Anniversary of her Colonelcy in Chief.
London, UNITED KINGDOM-15/10/2007.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth II meets soldiers
Queen Elizabeth II meets Sgt. Jimmy Jenkins, who suffered injuries in Iraq
Queen Elizabeth II meets Trooper James Kerry, 17, the youngest Queen's Royal Lancer (young he may be, but he certainly has manners )
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
The mystery of the Queen's missing bouquet

Princess Elizabeth carried orchids into Westminster Abbey, but they do not appear in the wedding photographs.
Royal biographers usually treat the mystery of the missing bouquet as a pre-wedding hiccough, along with the tiara that snapped and the pearls that were left at the wrong palace.
I had noticed in the past that some of the wedding pictures included a bouquet and others did not, but never really thought about why. This explains a lot.

From the article:
Quote:
But some time during the couple's exuberant return to the Palace, or during the wedding breakfast, he says, the bouquet was mislaid and couldn't be found in time for the group picture.
A week later, his father, founder of Longmans the florists, was asked to make an identical bouquet so that the bride and groom could be rephotographed - this time with orchids.
They passed through London after the first part of their honeymoon - at Broadlands, the Mountbattens' home in Hampshire - and once more dressed up in their wedding finery. But the crowned heads and distinguished other guests could not be reassembled, so posterity has a choice: Philip and Elizabeth with orchids, or Philip and Elizabeth with relations. Not both.
In looking back at various photos I can see now that while the photos without the bouquet show the couple pleased and happy and smiling, the ones taken a week later show them with different body language and a lot more sparkle and zing in their looks and smiles. I'd say that speaks well for a very successful honeymoon.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii