The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Nobility

It is Queen Elizabeth is beautiful dress and hat!!! Prince Philip is now 86 on 10 june birthday! He is high age and active with Queen Elizabeth beside! They married in 60th anniversary.!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen receives the Ambassador from Burundi to the Court of St. James's, His Excellency Mr. Laurent Kavakure,
at Buckingham Palace, 6 June 2007. -----> Picture

The Queen receives the Ambassador from Andorra to the Court of St. James's, Her Excellency Mrs. Maria Rosa Picart de Francis, who presents the Letters of Recall of her predecessor and her own Letters of Credence, Buckingham Palace, 6 June 2007. -----> Picture

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip, they hardly know ye

A South Pacific 'cargo cult' petitions its deity for bags of rice and a Land Rover

Prince Philip, they hardly know ye | csmonitor.com
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen meets personnel during a visit to the Defence College of Policing and Guarding in Portsmouth, Hampshire, 7 June 2007. Her Majesty toured the facilities and attended a service in the Memorial Church before attending a Garden Party. -----> Picture

The Queen speaks to members of the Royal Australian Corps of Military Police at a Garden Party at the Defence College of Policing and Guarding in Hampshire, 7 June 2007. During her visit to the College, Her Majesty toured and then opened the Royal Military Police Museum -----> Picture
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are greeted by crowds outside Romsey Abbey, Hampshire, after attending a service to mark the four hundredth anniversary of the market town's Royal Charter, 8 June 2007. Her Majesty and His Royal Highness later attended a reception in the Town Hall for people representing the life of Romsey. -----> Picture
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtier

MORE PICS...

Fotobanka isifa image service

other question

when the trooping for Queen's birthday Parade will be this next week on June 16th right??

karla64
Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yes, I think that's the right date, karla64

Here's another very nice picture gallery from today at getty:

HRH Queen And Prince Philip Visit Romsey in Hampshire

As a friend of the Queen, Lord Brabourne, formerly Lord Romsey (Norton Knatchbull), was allowed to kiss her , a rare pic --> Pic
Old 06-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

As a friend of the Queen, Lord Brabourne, formerly Lord Romsey (Norton Knatchbull), was allowed to kiss her , a rare pic
A blood relative as well as a friend.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Courtier

I love her outfit and hat.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and Lord and Lady Brabourne Planting of Mulberry trees to commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the granting of a Royal Charter, Romsey, Hampshire, Britain - 08 Jun 2007

Pictures:
Prince Philip planting a tree
Queen Elizabeth planting a tree

Queen Elizabeth II visits Romsey Abbey for a service to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the granting of the Royal Charter. The Royal Party then continued to the Market Place for a 'walkabout'

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip
Queen Elizabeth and a sea of British Flags

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn
Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm amazed at how grown up Alexandra Knatchbull is.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Majesty

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh celebrates his 86th birthday today,june 10th!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

He will get the guns tomorrow!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 AM

I can't find the same news story I saw yesterday about what guns he gets. He gets a salute from the Tower, I remember, but is it a 40-gun salute or what?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

He got 41 rounds fired by the Kings Troop Royal Horse in Hyde Park at midday.
Around 13.00 hrs he got 62 rounds fired near the Tower of London by the Honorary Artillery Company.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Scrooges sting taxpayers

THE Queen and Prince Charles - despite having a $1.5 billion fortune - have stung Australian taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars for royal gifts given to John Howard and other officials.

Royal Scrooges sting taxpayers | Herald Sun

They have certainly picked the worst picture of Charles, to suit their story - are they part of the News of the World group?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
are they part of the News of the World group?
Yes, the (Melbourne) Herald Sun is part of the News Corp. empire.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

They act as if it's news that Australia, at some point, pays a small amount of money for the costs of the Australian Monarch and her family. (I know the article says "British", but it's not when it deals with other realms.)
Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II (R) and Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, arrive for a Remembrance Service commemorating 25 years since the Falklands conflict at The Falkland Islands Memorial Chapel in Pangbourne, Berkshire, 14 June 2007. Queen Elizabeth II, former prime minister Margaret Thatcher and current premier Tony Blair are participating in commemorations marking the of the end of the war with Argentina over Britain's rugged, windswept South Atlantic Ocean outpost. British soldiers entered the Falklands' capital Stanley on June 14, 1982, ending the 74-day occupation and a conflict which killed 649 Argentine and 255 British service personnel and three islanders

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 AM

I watched the service on the BBC and was utterly appalled when Cherie Blair refused to curtsey or bow her head, despite her husband bowing just seconds before the Queen shook hands with Cherie. Baroness Thatcher meant more to me today than ever; Cherie grinned inanely at the Queen but wouldn't curtsey, the Queen moved onto Margaret who dropped the finest curtsey and bowed her head. Marvellous - now you tell me who's got more class? Margaret Beckett also pulled off a nice curtsey but only gave a slight bow of the head to the Duke of Edinburgh. Very strange.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii