The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Queen Elizabeths dress is beautiful near state visit from Ghana!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

A 'gold'-en day for young people as Prince Philip presents awards

Dozens of young people from Northern Ireland met the Duke of Edinburgh as t their hard work and dedication was rewarded.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip aide: We did not club fox

The Royal Family has taken the unusual step of issuing a letter defending the treatment of a fox during a pheasant shoot in which Prince Philip took part.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

From the Independant:Independent Online Edition > This Britain

Queen's royal approval for 'living in sin'

Official form for royal garden parties advises guests that 'living with partner = married'

What a nice and modern gesture by HM.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 19.3.2007

Prince Philip unveiling a 'Welcome to Windsor' road sign, Windsor, Britain - 19 Mar 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal send-off for marine killed in assault on Taleban

The Duke of Edinburgh attended a funeral service yesterday in support of a royal gardener whose son was killed in action in Afghanistan
Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen's tribute to Afghan hero

The Queen sent a personal message of support to her favourite gardener as he laid to rest his soldier son killed in Afghanistan.
And she sent Prince Philip to pass on her tribute at the funeral of Royal Marine Ben Reddy, 22, whose father Phil works at Windsor Castle.
Last night a senior Royal source revealed the Queen had been particularly saddened by the death, as Ben was the same age as grandson Prince Harry.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 20.3.2007

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh host a Buckingham Palace reception for backbench MPs, including Independent Party leader and MEP Nigel Farage, 20 March, 2007. About 200 MPs were greeted in Buckingham Palace's white drawing room. Fiona Hanson/pool/PA Wire

Pic 1
Pic 2 a wonderful pic of the Queen
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth to attend first Kentucky Derby. FOX Sports - Horseracing - Queen Elizabeth II to attend first Kentucky Derby
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
Thanks kwanfan. The Queen has made many private visits to Kentucky. Some of the more established horse breeders know her very well in her role as equine enthusiast.

But she's never been to a Kentucky Derby before - this is quite a surprise. I thought there was a famous English horse race whose schedule always conflicted with the Kentucky Derby. Is it Epsom?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

U.S. Marine Pilot Given British Honor

A U.S. Marine helicopter pilot who rescued a wounded British soldier in Iraq has received a rare British honor.

U.S. Marine Pilot Given British Honor | DailyComet.com | Daily Comet | Thibodaux, LA
Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

We are so very excited to have HM and HRH to visit us here in the U.S. in May.

I just hope the more trashy excuse of celebrities who attend the Kentucky Derby are not anywhere near the royal couple when they attend on May 5th. I cannot imagine my horror should P. Diddy or Lindsay Lohan per say would happen to be there and somehow cross paths with them.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II watches as forensic science students demonstrate the collecting of evidence at a simulated crime scene, during her visit to the forensic science department at East Berkshire College, Windsor, England, Thursday March 22, 2007. Queen Elizabeth II visited the college to officially open its new building. --------> Picture

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of North Korea, Ja Song-nam at Buckingham Palace in London March 22, 2007. --------> Picture
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Queen Elizabeth II watches as forensic science students demonstrate the collecting of evidence
I expect she would rather be watching CSI!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 22.3.2007

Here are some more pics from today:

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II during a visit to East Berkshire College, Windsor, UK on March 22, 2007
--> Smiling Queen in green
--> Picture gallery
Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

She Looks Amazing !
Old 03-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Nobility

She is much alert and smile! Queen Elizabeth is great great green dress and beautiful hat!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II presents medal to Marine

A Camp Pendleton Marine who flew several dangerous helicopter missions in Iraq last year has received a rare honor: a military medal personally presented by the queen of England.
Queen Elizabeth II presented the Distinguished Flying Cross to Maj. William Chesarek during a ceremony Wednesday at Buckingham Palace. He is the first U.S. service member since World War II to receive such a distinction from the British.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

America Calling For The Queen & Philip
The Royalist - America Calling For The Queen & Philip
Finally a visit from the British royals that will be worthwhile. I can't wait to see pics of her majesty visiting us here in the U.S. .
Old 03-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Here's another article from FOX Sports about the trip to the U.S. Queen Elizabeth II to attend first Kentucky Derby.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii