The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
HM's hat looks like a cake. I love it.
In the 70's and 80's the Queen wore some really dowdy outfits and hats. I think she almost always looks lovely now. She is completely appropriate for her age, but nice.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Stamps to be issued by Gibraltar
http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...=2004&offset=0
Quote:
Diamond Wedding Anniversary
The set of stamps commemorating the Diamond Wedding Anniversary feature official photographs of the Royal Engagement in 1947, Royal Wedding in 1947, Silver Anniversary in 1972 and Ruby Anniversary in 1987. The Diamond shaped Miniature Sheet features an additional official photograph of the wedding. A limited edition folder (1000 released) will be available. The four stamps are issued in special collector sheetlets.
Pictures of the stamps: Welcome to Gibraltar Stamps

Old 03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone have a clue of the celebrations that will be held for the Diamond Wedding Anniversary?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always thought the Diamond wedding anniversary was 75 years.

Edit: I just looked it up, apparently Diamond can be from 60-75 years.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I always thought the Diamond wedding anniversary was 75 years.

Edit: I just looked it up, apparently Diamond can be from 60-75 years.
What so ever, does anyone know when the celebrations will be held
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmax
What so ever, does anyone know when the celebrations will be held
That was a little rude, no? I would imagine it would be held around the time of their 60th anniversary in November of this year.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let's put the hackles down, folks, thank you.

Since the wedding was in November, I assume the celebrations won't be happening till sometime around then. I always get nervous when some of these major celebrations, especially when involving old people, are planned a long way ahead of time, but so far the people concerned have always managed to survive.

Just FYI Sister Morphine, Queen Victoria's 60th anniversary as Queen was called the Diamond Jubilee. I did wonder what would have happened if she'd lived another 15 years and had a 75th anniversary, but I suppose it was pretty much certain that she wouldn't. I'm afraid the same will probably be the case for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's wedding anniversary.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Given the last fifteen years HM has had, I couldn't survive another fifteen and I'm several decades younger!

I expect they'll both be around for this celebration. The Queen Mother used to joke about the rehearsals for her funeral. HM must expect, if not demand, the long preparations by now. After all, most Royal events are planned up to years in advance. This is just another date...in some ways.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Letter from Princess Elizabeth to be auctioned.

Getty Images of a letter written by the Queen when age 12:
Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

On the Royal Insight page, one question was asked concerning the Diamond Jubilee and they answered that nothing had been planned yet.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 6.3.2007

HRH Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive for a concert celebrating the Barbican's 25th Birthday. Funded by the City of London, the Barbican is the largest multi-arts centre in Europe, housing a 2,000-seater concert hall, 2 theatres, 2 art galleries, 3 cinemas, 3 restaurants and conference suites and with a floor space of 20 acres, London, England - 06.03.07

The Queen and Prince Philip
The Queen 2
The Queen 3
Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Wow thats a very green dress
Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmabruin
Wow thats a very green dress
I love it! Green is probably my favourite colour.

HM has been dressing very smartly lately, and in wonderful, bright colours. I like her current style much better than that of a few decades ago, and, no, I don't think that's just because I'm a few decades older.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the dress too. It's very bright and cheery.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Nobility

I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I love it! Green is probably my favourite colour.

HM has been dressing very smartly lately, and in wonderful, bright colours. I like her current style much better than that of a few decades ago, and, no, I don't think that's just because I'm a few decades older.
She's very much a stylish older lady now.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl
She's very much a stylish older lady now.
She also seems to be getting very laid back in that she seems so calm and relaxed anymore. Perhaps her horribus anum that she suffered years ago and now a faded memory and allowing her to enjoy her last years of her life/throne.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 8.3.2007

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - MARCH 8: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit Brighton on March 8, 2007 , England. (Photos by Tim Graham)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

More pics can be seen here!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Nobility

She's always looking cheerful and contented. A great lesson in Healthy Living for her subjects and for us who greatly admire her. Long May She Reign!!
And Oh! Yes! She is dressing fabulously too.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - MARCH 8: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit Brighton on March 8, 2007 , England. (Photos by Tim Graham)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

More pics can be seen here!
Great photos. Thanks for posting them, Iceflower

HM has such a wonderful smile. She looks genuinely happy, and has a beautiful face. Even her eyes are smiling.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Brighton welcomes Queen and Duke
By Ruth Lumley

Brighton Welcomes Queen And Duke (from The Argus)

Outside the library, the Queen accepted flowers from small children waiting patiently outside in the sunshine with their parents.Seeing the Queen receiving so many blooms provoked jealousy in two-year-old Lucas Whisker, who held out his hand - leading the Queen to oblige by handing him one of the flowers that a young girl had just given her.
[/quote]

Queen's flowers go walkabout with two-year-old Lucas

Queen's flowers go walkabout with two-year-old Lucas | the Daily Mail

Quote:
But the sight of the Queen being handed scores of brightly-coloured flowers by Royal wellwishers left young Lucas wanting a slice of the attention. As the Queen reached Lucas in the line, he promptly held out his hand - and to his delight the smiling Monarch obliged by placing a pink tulip given to her by a young girl into his outstretched palm.

Little Lucas' bloomin' cheek
By TOM WELLS

The Sun Online - News: Little Lucas' bloomin' cheek

Quote:
Two-year-old Lucas Whisker held out his hand as Her Majesty emerged from the £8million Jubilee Library in Brighton, Sussex. To his delight the smiling Monarch obliged by placing a pink tulip given to her by a girl into his outstretched palm.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii