Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 14: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 6.3.2007

HRH Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive for a concert celebrating the Barbican's 25th Birthday. Funded by the City of London, the Barbican is the largest multi-arts centre in Europe, housing a 2,000-seater concert hall, 2 theatres, 2 art galleries, 3 cinemas, 3 restaurants and conference suites and with a floor space of 20 acres, London, England - 06.03.07

The Queen and Prince Philip
The Queen 2
The Queen 3

elmabruin said:
Wow thats a very green dress :blink:

I love it! :D Green is probably my favourite colour.

HM has been dressing very smartly lately, and in wonderful, bright colours. I like her current style much better than that of a few decades ago, and, no, I don't think that's just because I'm a few decades older. :)

I like the dress too. It's very bright and cheery.

I totally agree

Roslyn said:
I love it! :D Green is probably my favourite colour.

HM has been dressing very smartly lately, and in wonderful, bright colours. I like her current style much better than that of a few decades ago, and, no, I don't think that's just because I'm a few decades older. :)

She's very much a stylish older lady now.

yvr girl said:
She's very much a stylish older lady now.

She also seems to be getting very laid back in that she seems so calm and relaxed anymore. Perhaps her horribus anum that she suffered years ago and now a faded memory and allowing her to enjoy her last years of her life/throne.:)

Pics 8.3.2007

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - MARCH 8: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit Brighton on March 8, 2007 , England. (Photos by Tim Graham)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

More pics can be seen here!

She's always looking cheerful and contented. A great lesson in Healthy Living for her subjects and for us who greatly admire her. Long May She Reign!!
And Oh! Yes! She is dressing fabulously too.

iceflower said:
BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - MARCH 8: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit Brighton on March 8, 2007 , England. (Photos by Tim Graham)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

More pics can be seen here!

Great photos. Thanks for posting them, Iceflower :flowers:

HM has such a wonderful smile. She looks genuinely happy, and has a beautiful face. Even her eyes are smiling.

Brighton welcomes Queen and Duke
By Ruth Lumley

Brighton Welcomes Queen And Duke (from The Argus)

Outside the library, the Queen accepted flowers from small children waiting patiently outside in the sunshine with their parents.Seeing the Queen receiving so many blooms provoked jealousy in two-year-old Lucas Whisker, who held out his hand - leading the Queen to oblige by handing him one of the flowers that a young girl had just given her.
[/quote]

Queen's flowers go walkabout with two-year-old Lucas

Queen's flowers go walkabout with two-year-old Lucas | the Daily Mail

But the sight of the Queen being handed scores of brightly-coloured flowers by Royal wellwishers left young Lucas wanting a slice of the attention. As the Queen reached Lucas in the line, he promptly held out his hand - and to his delight the smiling Monarch obliged by placing a pink tulip given to her by a young girl into his outstretched palm.

Little Lucas' bloomin' cheek
By TOM WELLS

The Sun Online - News: Little Lucas' bloomin' cheek

Two-year-old Lucas Whisker held out his hand as Her Majesty emerged from the £8million Jubilee Library in Brighton, Sussex. To his delight the smiling Monarch obliged by placing a pink tulip given to her by a girl into his outstretched palm.

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen wants diversity celebrated

The Queen will urge people to celebrate diversity and find it a cause for strength and unity in her annual Commonwealth Day message.

start_quote_rb.gif
By respecting difference and promoting understanding, the future will be a better one for us all
end_quote_rb.gif

The Queen's Commonwealth Day message

Prince Philip has also been there yesterday, I noticed that he was there as well in another picture gallery :)
And I agree with you, tdarlene, the Queen looked great in her white dress.
The Queen and Prince Philip

Here are some more pics: gallery

Crowning moment for Shilpa as she meets the Queen

Shilpa Shetty has become a household name in the UK after winning Celebrity Big Brother and has since been welcomed at the Houses of Parliament, where she met Prime Minister Tony Blair. But the highlight of her triumphant journey since emerging from the reality TV house came on Monday when she met Queen Elizabeth at a church service marking Commonwealth Day.

Both ladies were beaming as they were introduced at the event in London's Westminster Abbey. "The Queen had a beautiful smile," enthused Shilpa, who dipped into a deep curtsey before the British monarch.

Picture: The Queen and Shilpa

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a state banquet at Buckingham Palace tonight which all the Royals will attend tiaras and all. Poor Camilla's going to miss it unfortunatley as she's still recovering from her operation.

Queen Elizabeth II and President of the Republic of Ghana John Kufuor arrive at Buckingham Palace in London 13 March 2007

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5163249&pos=24
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5162928&pos=26

Queen Elizabeth II, (2ndR), her husband Prince Philip (R), visiting President of Ghana John Agyekum Kufuor (L) and his wife Theresa Kufuor view an exhibition of Ghanaian items from the Royal Collection at Buckingham Palace in central London, 13 March 2007

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5171129&pos=28
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5170915&pos=29
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5170899&pos=30
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=4&ShowPicture=5170754&pos=32

How cool the president wore his traditional dress for the gala.

It has been quite a while seeing the State guests wearing their traditional clothes at Buckingham Palace.And i really like the President and his wife's smile, they just look friendly so much with the smiles. Thanks for the pics, fanletizia, it's also been a while since we saw the Countess of Wessex last time, there is one pic with the Countess in the background at Banquet, but i can not really identify the tiara, if it is her wedding one, and it appears she got more hair in that instead of the current short one.

I did try to post this in a new thread but it wouldn't work so I am trying in an old thread - the server problem is really annoying me as nothing seems to work for me and it is ongoing - now nearly a week.

A different take on the Al FAyed vs DOE situation
Silencing Duke of Hazard | The Daily Telegraph

al last we cann sophie again!!!!
great night, elizabeth anyway with a white drees for a gala dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom