The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359
More concern over the Queen's health:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
The mail rarely checks it's fact's. The site of the plaster is not, I am informed (by a friend who is a MD & staying with us), where a canular for a drip or blood would be taken, even on an older person. If they can't insert a needle for a blood test just before the bend for the elbow, they take it from the back of the hand, (where even HRH at 80, seems to have good veins)! The same with a canular.

It was probably just an ordinary scrape, from one of the dog's.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

I would have to agree with Skydragon, it most likely is from the dogs, the Corgis in particular, I have been bitten by that breed twice. Such cute dogs but they are very temperamental!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II receives the President of Rwanda, Mr. Paul Kagame and his wife Jeannette at Buckingham Palace, in London, 06 December 2006.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth, Mr. Paul Kagame and his wife Jeannette
Queen Elizabeth, Mr. Paul Kagame and his wife Jeannette 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Queen Elizabeth is blue dress och good healt!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Courtier

In the listing for the new tea-room attendant there are comments warning that the corgis bite and they are ALWAYS with HM.

I have crappy veins myself, they are often blown up by inexperienced plebs. I have left labs and the blood bank looking like I was beaten up and down my arms. The Mail (which IMO is equivalent to the USA's National Enquirer--a tabloid that takes a grain of truth and half-bakes it into enough loaves to choke) seems to favour bad stories of late, and her health is the only way to 'attack' the Queen without a lot of backlash.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh on a pheasant shoot at Helmingham Hall, Suffolk, UK on November 24, 2006. Photos by Nunn Syndication/ABACAUSA.COM

Pic 1 Pic 2 Talking with the dog

What is the stick The Queen is carring with her
Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 AM
Gentry

It is a little folding seat, my grandma has one also the are pretty neat, you stick it into the ground and the top part opens up so you can sit on it. It was kind of hard to balance on it though the first time I used it......lol

~QM
Old 12-13-2006, 11:55 AM

It's called a shooting stick. I agree with QueenMaharet - very tricky to balance on!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth To Continue Attending Royal Engagements

Contrary to reports, Britain's Queen Elizabeth will not reduce her royal duties in 2007.The 80-year-old royal has strongly refuted claims that because of old age she plans to cut down on her official engagements and move from Buckingham Palace to the quiet of Windsor Castle.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

WoW!!! Great to hear that Her Majesty The Queen will continue her engagements. Long may she live
Old 12-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

im sure HM Queen Elizabeth II will still duties till times for retires or not because she been head of states for more over 50 years since her father's death and i think Prince Charles need replace for HM Queen Elizabeth II when she get old one days
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth Pleased With "The Queen"

Queen Elizabeth has reportedly revealed her favorite film of the year. The monarch's highly praised movie of 2006 has been "The Queen."
The 80-year-old royal is portrayed by Helen Mirren in the Oscar-nominated film about how the British Royal Family coped after the death of Princess Diana in 1997. And according to the Daily Mail, the queen liked the movie so much she has invited director Stephen Frears, writer Peter Morgan, star Mirren and one of the producers Andy Harries, to have lunch at Buckingham Palace next year.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Yes. And John Major has just bought a riverside apartment on the moon.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Queen Elizabeth Pleased With "The Queen"

Queen Elizabeth has reportedly revealed her favorite film of the year. The monarch's highly praised movie of 2006 has been "The Queen."
The 80-year-old royal is portrayed by Helen Mirren in the Oscar-nominated film about how the British Royal Family coped after the death of Princess Diana in 1997. And according to the Daily Mail, the queen liked the movie so much she has invited director Stephen Frears, writer Peter Morgan, star Mirren and one of the producers Andy Harries, to have lunch at Buckingham Palace next year.
Even if Helen Mirren does not garner an Oscar, I would think praise from that level would be all the more meaningful.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
Even if Helen Mirren does not garner an Oscar, I would think praise from that level would be all the more meaningful.
Helen Mirren was brilliant in The Queen! While she didn't look 100% like the real Queen, but she got the Queen's voice and mannerisims down. I personally think Dame Helen deserves an oscar!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Gentry

Lady Helen at The Queen's Ritz[y] party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Lady Helen Taylor....never makes a wrong move fashion-wise..flawless!!!
I noticed the paper (telegraph?) said her dress was "back-less"... Ummm, no... from the pictures I saw, it might have been STRAP-Less, but NOT back-less...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

For people wishing to discuss the film The Queen in more detail, we have a thread over at the Royal Library:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ana-10752.html
Old 12-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen buys her Annigoni portrait

The Queen has bought one of her favourite paintings of herself. She has spent an undisclosed sum on the pasteland-oil study by Pietro Annigoni, used by the artist for his famous 1969 portrait of her that hangs in the National Gallery.
She likes the picture so much she has bought it to display in the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace and plans to hang it later in one of her private homes.
The Painting
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen to honour UK's top achievers

The Queen is hosting a special reception on Tuesday night for Britain's top achievers.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19122006/34...achievers.html
Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth To Meet With Mother Of Murdered Boy
Walker family to visit The Queen

The mother of murdered black teenager Anthony Walker is going to Buckingham Palace to meet The Queen.
Gee Walker and her daughter Dominique have been invited to the Palace in recognition of their efforts to promote racial harmony.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii