Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 13: November 2006-Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timtonruben359 said:

The mail rarely checks it's fact's. The site of the plaster is not, I am informed (by a friend who is a MD & staying with us), where a canular for a drip or blood would be taken, even on an older person. If they can't insert a needle for a blood test just before the bend for the elbow, they take it from the back of the hand, (where even HRH at 80, seems to have good veins)! The same with a canular.

It was probably just an ordinary scrape, from one of the dog's. :lol:

Last edited:
I would have to agree with Skydragon, it most likely is from the dogs, the Corgis in particular, I have been bitten by that breed twice. Such cute dogs but they are very temperamental!

In the listing for the new tea-room attendant there are comments warning that the corgis bite and they are ALWAYS with HM.

I have crappy veins myself, they are often blown up by inexperienced plebs. I have left labs and the blood bank looking like I was beaten up and down my arms. The Mail (which IMO is equivalent to the USA's National Enquirer--a tabloid that takes a grain of truth and half-bakes it into enough loaves to choke) seems to favour bad stories of late, and her health is the only way to 'attack' the Queen without a lot of backlash.

iceflower said:
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh on a pheasant shoot at Helmingham Hall, Suffolk, UK on November 24, 2006. Photos by Nunn Syndication/ABACAUSA.COM

Pic 1 Pic 2 Talking with the dog

What is the stick The Queen is carring with her

It is a little folding seat, my grandma has one also the are pretty neat, you stick it into the ground and the top part opens up so you can sit on it. It was kind of hard to balance on it though the first time I used it......lol

~QM

It's called a shooting stick. I agree with QueenMaharet - very tricky to balance on!

Queen Elizabeth To Continue Attending Royal Engagements

Contrary to reports, Britain's Queen Elizabeth will not reduce her royal duties in 2007.The 80-year-old royal has strongly refuted claims that because of old age she plans to cut down on her official engagements and move from Buckingham Palace to the quiet of Windsor Castle.

WoW!!! Great to hear that Her Majesty The Queen will continue her engagements. Long may she live

im sure HM Queen Elizabeth II will still duties till times for retires or not because she been head of states for more over 50 years since her father's death and i think Prince Charles need replace for HM Queen Elizabeth II when she get old one days

Queen Elizabeth Pleased With "The Queen"

Queen Elizabeth has reportedly revealed her favorite film of the year. The monarch's highly praised movie of 2006 has been "The Queen."
The 80-year-old royal is portrayed by Helen Mirren in the Oscar-nominated film about how the British Royal Family coped after the death of Princess Diana in 1997. And according to the Daily Mail, the queen liked the movie so much she has invited director Stephen Frears, writer Peter Morgan, star Mirren and one of the producers Andy Harries, to have lunch at Buckingham Palace next year.

Yes. And John Major has just bought a riverside apartment on the moon.

Avalon said:
Queen Elizabeth Pleased With "The Queen"

Queen Elizabeth has reportedly revealed her favorite film of the year. The monarch's highly praised movie of 2006 has been "The Queen."
The 80-year-old royal is portrayed by Helen Mirren in the Oscar-nominated film about how the British Royal Family coped after the death of Princess Diana in 1997. And according to the Daily Mail, the queen liked the movie so much she has invited director Stephen Frears, writer Peter Morgan, star Mirren and one of the producers Andy Harries, to have lunch at Buckingham Palace next year.

Even if Helen Mirren does not garner an Oscar, I would think praise from that level would be all the more meaningful.

lord_rankin said:
Even if Helen Mirren does not garner an Oscar, I would think praise from that level would be all the more meaningful.

Helen Mirren was brilliant in The Queen! While she didn't look 100% like the real Queen, but she got the Queen's voice and mannerisims down. I personally think Dame Helen deserves an oscar!

Lady Helen at The Queen's Ritz[y] party

Lady Marmalade said:
Lady Helen Taylor....never makes a wrong move fashion-wise..flawless!!!
I noticed the paper (telegraph?) said her dress was "back-less"... Ummm, no... from the pictures I saw, it might have been STRAP-Less, but NOT back-less... :)

Queen buys her Annigoni portrait

The Queen has bought one of her favourite paintings of herself. She has spent an undisclosed sum on the pasteland-oil study by Pietro Annigoni, used by the artist for his famous 1969 portrait of her that hangs in the National Gallery.
She likes the picture so much she has bought it to display in the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace and plans to hang it later in one of her private homes.
The Painting

Does anyone know if the Duchess of Cornwall's milliner Philip Treacy has ever created anything for HM? I was curious after reading the above article.

iceflower said:

I like this pictures. He seems to be a very well-mannered man with just the right amount of respect for the queen and affection for his girlfriend's grandmother, while the queen seem to like him as well. The Duke's face is priceless when he is kissed by his granddaughter... ;)

the queen is in good fisic state
sara1981 said:
Queen honours golden girls Zara and Thandie
the quuen look so pround of her granddaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowers:
zara was in her time the most rebeld and now is a golden children, good for her:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent pictures, Iceflower and sara1981. Her Majesty is a proud grandmother. And she likes Mike quite a lot, judging by the pictures. :rolleyes:
More pictures of the reception from getty here.

Queen to podcast Christmas message to the Commonwealth

Queen Elizabeth is to podcast her traditional Christmas message to the Commonwealth for the first time, Buckingham Palace said.
Keeping abreast with the latest technology, the iPod-owning monarch's festive broadcast will be available to download from the royal family's website on Christmas Day.

I have three questions for you. The first one who can answer them all wins the Grand Prize. LOL :D

1. Does anyone know if The Queen is now at Sandringham?
2. Was it Zara Philips who was the «main» guest at the competition or was it Mike Tindall.
and finally
3. Does The Queen really have an Ipod?? That would be funny to know.

Thanks everyone for answering (In advance LOL)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom