The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II (L) receives the Ambassador of Namibia Mr George Mbanga Liswaniso at Buckingham Palace, in central London, 26 October 2006.

from anp

Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

I hope Her Majesty is feeling better!

Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth II under doctor's, not starter's orders

Queen Elizabeth II, normally in robust health even at the age of 80, has scrapped a day at the races, 24 hours after making a rare withdrawal from a planned engagement because of a bad back.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061027...n_061027111433
Old 10-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

PRINCE PHILIP STANDS IN FOR INJURED QUEEN AT STADIUM OPENING

When Prince Philip unveiled a plaque declaring Arsenal's new stadium open, onlookers might have been forgiven for feeling a little confused - as the inscription declared it was the Queen, not her husband, who had done the honours.

source - Hello (originally AFP)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II at a luncheon at the Jockey Club Rooms, Newmarket. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Friday October 27, 2006. The Jockey Club, of which she is Patron, will thank her in year of 80th birthday for her continued support of racing. The Queen has cancelled her afternoon at the races, but did attend the lunch at the Jockey Club

from brunopress

Old 10-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen to attend memorial unveiling
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411366/876619
Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know how you, but for me This Lady looks amazing almost always when I see her photos.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen's back injury strikes again

The Queen was forced to cancel a number of engagements on doctor's orders today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...432858,00.html
Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I know she's 80, but this is taking a long time to heal if it really is just a muscle problem.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:27 PM

Indeed. I'm slightly concerned about HM.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ive heard Shell attend Williams Passing out on December 15, But im worried about her too, I Sadly feel shes in her Twilight....may be a few years yet But I Think we'll see a King Charles III sooner Rather than later
Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

I am very concerned about her majesty too. once pple her age start getting sick-it goes downhill. This has to be serious when the queen is cancelling engagement---you know its really, really bad when her majesty misses racing so..... i certainly wish her a speedy recovery, but i also see her aging quickly now and I cant even think about england without queen elizabeth II. These back injuries can get more complicated particularly because of her age---but I have my fingers crossed I hope to see another 20yrs of her.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Ive heard Shell attend Williams Passing out on December 15, But im worried about her too, I Sadly feel shes in her Twilight....may be a few years yet But I Think we'll see a King Charles III sooner Rather than later
While I am very concered about the Queen's continued back troubles, I don't think the Queen is that bad off and as that old saying says "don't plan my funeral just yet." A strained back, while painful, is hardly fatal. She is 80 years old so her back is not going to heal as quickly. I think if anything, this is painful message to the Queen that she sould start reducing her workload. But honestly, I don't think we'll be singing God Save The King anytime soon. Even if she does suffer continuing problems, she will continue on like the Queen mother right until the end.

Besides if Her Majesty was really badly off, I think we would start hearing rumours and Charles would be flying home from Pakistan.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

i know its hard for HM Queen have hurt her back but she need easy on her public engagement and im sure she need rest lots because she is 80 years old monarchy and who will replace for her like Prince of Wales or Duke of York,Earl of Wessex and Princess Anne for their Mother the Queen Elizabeth II on public engagement for open ceremony set-up but im sure Prince Charles will help his mother lots when he get home from Pakistan
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen misses award to Iraq hero
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6107874.stm
Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

queen

first her eye and now her back, i hope she feel better real soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope that everything will be o.k. with the Queen's health.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

I hope she gets well soon, does not the State Opening of Parliament happen in November?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:15 PM

Aha! Lord Rankin may have cracked this one. A back problem doesn't last this long. Maybe it's a carefully staged stunt to allow Charles to open Parliament for the Queen?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Princess Anne had to deputise for her at the most recent awards ceremony in BP - where Aussie, Rolf Harris, was invested with his OBE.

It was just shown on the morning news here.

Anne looked very nice I might add.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii