The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Special Coin To Mark Diamond Wedding Of Queen Elizabeth II

A special coin worth five pounds sterling (nine dollars) to mark the 60th wedding anniversary of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh in 2007 was launched Tuesday.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

A special coin worth five pounds sterling (nine dollars) to mark the 60th wedding anniversary of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh in 2007 was launched Tuesday.
Awesome...thanks for the link.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Again I Wish them both A Very Happy Anniversary Could someone point me in the way of an address In case I Want write to them

Thanks in Advance :)
Old 11-21-2006, 06:00 PM

You can write to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh by writing to;

The Private Secretary to HM The Queen
Buckingham Palace
London
Sw1 1AA

You can write to them both at that address or send a seperate letter, starting with "The Private Secretary to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh".
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Again I Wish them both A Very Happy Anniversary Could someone point me in the way of an address In case I Want write to them

Thanks in Advance :)
You may want to wait until nearer the time (next November) as a relpy before then is unlikley.

any pictures of the diplomatic reception? I can't find any in the usual places.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

Thankyou for the information, i was wondering when they were going to release it.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II attended a funeral blessing for the young Mohegan chieftain Sachem Mohamet Weyonomon, who died in 1736 of smallpox. Although Mohamet died in the City of London, foreigners could not be buried there so he was laid to rest in an unmarked grave in the grounds of Southwark Cathedral. Weyonomon went to England to petition King George II for the return of land that had been taken by British settlers but died in London's smallpox outbreak.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II receives a scroll from Bruce Two Dogs Bozsum
Elizabeth II receives a 'peace pipe' from Bruce Two Dogs Bozsum
Queen Elizabeth II meets members of the Mohegan tribe
Queen Elizabeth II meets members of the Mohegan tribe
Elizabeth II watches a tribal dance by Mohegans

more pictures from getty here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

New article about the Anniversary Coin, with the description of the coin.

Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip's diamond wedding anniversary is set to be commemorated in a special way. The royal couple plan to celebrate their anniversary with a $6 coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol
Any pictures of the diplomatic reception? I can't find any in the usual places.
The first pictures are in British Royal Family current events thread, since the reception is likely to be attended my several members of the Royal Family.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
You can write to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh by writing to;

The Private Secretary to HM The Queen
Buckingham Palace
London
Sw1 1AA

You can write to them both at that address or send a seperate letter, starting with "The Private Secretary to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh".
You can write to Her Majesty at the following address:
Her Majesty The Queen
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

You can write to The Duke of Edinburgh at the following address :-
His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA
Tel (during working hours): (+44) (0)20 7930 4832

Here is the link to contact other members of the British Royal Family (BRF) > http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page249.asp
Old 11-23-2006, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jail for killing queen's swan

London - A Muslim man who was so hungry while fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan that he killed a swan to eat, was jailed for two months on Wednesday.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...034561,00.html
Old 11-23-2006, 11:04 AM

Good. Hooligan. They should throw away the key.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen: Players prima donnas

London - Queen Elizabeth II is unimpressed with the play-acting of some professional soccer players, labelling them "prima donnas.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/S...035084,00.html
Old 11-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Isn't the Queen wonderful? And she's right too! They are all prima donnas.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

Jail for killing queen's swan

London - A Muslim man who was so hungry while fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan that he killed a swan to eat, was jailed for two months on Wednesday.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...034561,00.html
That article worries me a lot, but certainly not because of the the conviction and penalty.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

A handout image obtained 23 November 2006 from Britain's Royal Mint shows a limited issue collector GBP5 (9.50 USD/7.50 euros) coin marking the Diamond Wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. Their Diamond wedding anniversary will be celebrated 20 November 2007.

Picture of the coin.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Time to close this thread. The new thread for The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Current Events can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii