The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Right, I'll remember that BMC. I felt the same way because although I've seen HM wear trousers at certain private events like when Philip goes carriage driving, this time it was as if she was making a public appearance in trousers. She did look nice but I still prefer her usual style.
Sam, how lucky for you to have been at some of the private driving events! If you don't mind, could you share the times and places? I know it's not Royal Windsor, because except for being there in riding habit a few times, she wears skirts there.

By the way, the Queen wore trousers to at least one engagement in Canada (in the 70's I believe). It was in the far north and she also wore a fur-trimmed parka. And looked gorgeous, needless to say.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Courtier

An earlier trousers pic (From Getty Images). 1979 in Zambia.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen earns her holiday as hardest-working Royal

AT THE age of 80 the Queen has regained her position as the hardest working member of the Royal Family, leaving most of the younger generations far behind.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...289079,00.html
Old 07-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks purple_platinum for posting the pictures. Her Majesties dresses are splendid! Some of them are simplt breathtaking!
Can anyone tell me when did Her Majesty wear these dresses? I know it's probably hard to find out (at least I didn't manage to) but maybe someone knows.

from Tim Graham, originally posted by purple_platinum
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Courtier

The yellow dress was worn in Dubai, during a visit to some Middle East countries. I think the year was 1979.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

The yellow dress she wore in the Gulf States is just gorgeous. Its so chic and something Jackie O would wear. Even now it would still be chic and great. Some of these dresses would still look good today.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much ElisaR for your answer. That dress is really gorgeous and not the most typical of Her Majesty's gowns, that's why I wondered.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

thanks so much purple platinum and avalon the detail and cut of the dresses is so clear. i especially like the beaded white one, most could be wore today and look perfect.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Thank you very much ElisaR for your answer. That dress is really gorgeous and not the most typical of Her Majesty's gowns, that's why I wondered.
You're welcome.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I had that Queen in my car the other day

A STARTLED shopkeeper's family car was turned into a royal carriage when he became the Queen's chauffeur for a day.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1082402006
What a great story. I really love the Queen, and I'm not British!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Sam, how lucky for you to have been at some of the private driving events!
Sorry, I completely missed this! I have a cousin who works at the Palace and he's allowed to invite family members to Polo matches, carriage driving etc at Windsor. I've been a few times but I've never met the Queen. She's often there, standing by her 4x4 in trousers, blouse and a barbour with some of the dogs.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen owns two-bed terrace

The Queen, normally known for her palatial residences such as Balmoral, Buckingham Palace and Sandringham, has a new property - a run down, rat-infested mid-terrace house.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04082006/34...d-terrace.html

Old 08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Sam, how lucky for you to have been at some of the private driving events! If you don't mind, could you share the times and places? I know it's not Royal Windsor, because except for being there in riding habit a few times, she wears skirts there.

By the way, the Queen wore trousers to at least one engagement in Canada (in the 70's I believe). It was in the far north and she also wore a fur-trimmed parka. And looked gorgeous, needless to say.
Thank you for the picture of the Queen in trousers. I don't think they were 'private' events as such but, the Queen does go and watch Prince Phillip competing in his carriage driving events, where she is not on official duty. I have to say, like you, I have only seen her in country style skirts and jodphurs at the events I have seen.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think what BMC meant was that s/he had never seen HM before meeting commoners wearing trousers. I was quite taken aback too.
The Queen did not intend to meet commoners but they were there (on their own but not invited) to see The Queen boarding the ship.So you can't say that The Queen wore pants to meet the public on private or family events.On formal and official duties and engagements,The Queen wears dress,hat and gloves.Even Buckingham Palace spokesperson refused to comment about the holiday saying that the holiday was The Queen's private moment with her family and they would not comment on private or personal matters / affairs.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu
The Queen did not intend to meet commoners but they were there (on their own but not invited) to see The Queen boarding the ship.So you can't say that The Queen wore pants to meet the public on private or family events.Even Buckingham Palace spokesperson refused to comment about the holiday saying that the holiday was The Queen's private moment with her family and they would not comment on private or personal matters / affairs.
that their choice but HM Queen can wores pants when she not attend duties in the public but she can wores pants what she wanted it but the spokesperson wont comment they wont answer question from buckingham palaces dues respect
Old 08-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

GCC wants Queen to open complex

Fiji’s envoy in London is exploring the possibility of having Queen Elizabeth open Fiji’s multi-million dollar Great Council of Chiefs complex next February.

http://www.fijilive.com/news/show/ne...ilive1311.html
Old 08-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

More pictures from the special exhibition of the Queen of England's dresses and jewellery, at Buckingham Palace, in London, England
Tuesday, July 25, 2006.

1 - A visitor looks at a selection of dresses worn by the Queen of England
2 - Melanie Edwards, assistant curator of the Royal Collection, straightens a fold in a duchesse satin dress embroidered with diamante, pearls, beads, and sequins, worn by the Queen of England in 1957 during her tour of Canada and the U.S.A., designed by Norman Hartnell
3 - Diamante, pearls, beads, and sequins, are seen embroidered in this duchesse satin dress worn by the Queen of England in 1957 during her tour of Canada and the U.S.A., designed by Norman Hartnell
4 - Visitors look at a selection of dresses worn by the Queen of England and designed by Norman Hartnell
5 - Two visitors look at an aquamarine and diamond tiara from Garrards, 1957, and an aquamarine and diamond necklace and bracelet from Mappin & Webb, in Rio de Janeiro, 1953
6 - The 'Lover's Knot' brooch
7 - A lace, lame, and tulle dress worn by the Queen of England in Wellington, New Zealand and designed by Norman Hartnell in 1953

(photos by SUZANNE PLUNKETT/Landov)
Old 08-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

I really love that lace/tulle dress from 1953 she wore in new zealand. really wonderful dresses,im very upset that im not going to be in london to see this exhibit personally. i did manage to see the famous dress she wore to france which was on display in kensington palace---does anyone know if that dress is part of this collection on exhibit??? whats amazing in a lot of these dresses is the detail and workmanship. the queen must have felt quite nostalgic when she went through the exhibit!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Did the Queen want to abdicate after Di's death?

London, Aug 14(ANI): If the story of new film 'The Queen' is to be believed, Elizabeth II, shocked at the public anger towards her, considered abdicating in the days after Princess Diana died.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/060814/139/66o45.html
Old 08-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Skydragon..thanks for the info. But needless to say...that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. The Queen, who was brought up to do her duty...abdicating. NEVER.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii