Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip to miss Queen’s Holyrood week for first time:
Philip to miss Queen

"The Duke of Edinburgh, who is 92, left hospital last week after exploratory abdominal surgery.

But it is understood he has been advised not to make the usual summer trip north. Instead, Prince Edward will accompany the Queen for Holyrood week, which starts on July 2."

On June 25 Queen Elizabeth received the new Ambassador of the Republic of Macedonia, Jovan Donev, and the new High Commissioner for the Republic of Rwanda, Williams Nkurunziza, at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Videos:
The Queen, Colonel-in-Chief, Grenadier Guards, inspected The Queen's Company and presented New Colours to Nijmegen Company in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Following the presentation, the Queen held a Garden Party for the Grenadier Guards Association-
Home - ITNSource News

QUEEN PRESENTS ENGINEERING AWARDS-
Home - ITNSource News

Queen Elizabeth as Colonel in Chief of the battalion visited the Argyll & Sutherland highlanders, 5th battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland at Howe Barrracks in Canterbury on June 28, 2013.

** gettyimages gallery **

Thanks for this - I had not noticed the onesie. Sigh, I am missing the Duke of Edinburgh in all these photos. I'm sure he and the Queen are as well. Good thoughts.

And I am sure Phillip would have had some wonderful remark. Love the Queen 's outfit here. The color and the hat- divine.

Thanks for this - I had not noticed the onesie. Sigh, I am missing the Duke of Edinburgh in all these photos. I'm sure he and the Queen are as well. Good thoughts.

Philip would have gotten a kick out of the onesie, and had an amusing comment or two. I hope that he is getting better, and getting the rest that he needs.

Queen Elizabeth received Scottish First minister Alex Salmond and Scottish Parliament Presiding Officer Tricia Marwick for audiences at the Palace of Holyrood House in Edinburgh on July 2, 2013.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Royal mint green: Queen beams as she hosts a garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse-
Royal mint green: Queen beams as she hosts a garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse | Mail Online

If you look closely at this article, you can see the description of the queen's outfit does not match the snaps. Then go check Zimbio or Getty for pictures and you realize the DM has pulled pics from a different event from the Garden Party.

At first I thought I had lost my mind - then I realized it was just the DM. :ROFLMAO:

Can someone confirm that the Duke of Edinburgh did not make the trip? I know he was not seen.

No, I think Prince Philip has remained at Windsor.

This is the first time that Philip has not accompanied The Queen for Holyrood Week.

Yesterday morning on the local Morning Show here one of the royal reporters, who reports regularly on royal doings, said that The Queen probably wouldn't be going to Balmoral 'early' as she has done over the past few years but would herself be staying longer at Windsor due to Philip's recuperation (Note - didn't say she or they wouldn't be going to Balmoral just that she wasn't going 'early')

This is the first time that Philip has not accompanied The Queen for Holyrood Week.

Yesterday morning on the local Morning Show here one of the royal reporters, who reports regularly on royal doings, said that The Queen probably wouldn't be going to Balmoral 'early' as she has done over the past few years but would herself be staying longer at Windsor due to Philip's recuperation (Note - didn't say she or they wouldn't be going to Balmoral just that she wasn't going 'early')

I don't know whom to feel the most for ... the Queen, The Prince or Scotland! :sad:

Yesterday, July 3, Queen Elizabeth visited the Borders. She visited the John Buchan Museum in Peebles and re-opened Abbotsford House in Roxburgh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** itv.com: Queen in the Scottish Borders **

** scotsman.com: The Queen reopens Sir Walter Scott’s former home **

Queen Elizabeth presented a Pipe Banner to the Royal Regiment of Scotland at Dreghorn Barracks in Edinburgh yesterday, July 4, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** scotsman.com: Queen visits Dreghorn army barracks ** scotsman.com gallery **
First set- Wow what an impressive place,and love the Queens outfit.
Second set- Once again, the Queen looks lovely.

Not such happy news regarding an employee on Sandringham Estate

Sandringham Estate could face Health and Safety prosecution after gardener critically injured - Telegraph

Summary for those unable to access

The man fell into a lake and was pinned down by the lawnmower after it toppled onto him. He suffered “life-threatening injuries” after being underwater for “a number of minutes”, police said.

He was pulled from the water and given first aid by two of the Queen’s personal protection officers but is now fighting for his life in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, after being taken there by air ambulance after the accident on Monday.

An inspector from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive - they always investigate accidents in the workplace [cepe]) visited the scene on Monday afternoon together with police officers. If Norfolk Constabulary is satisfied there was no foul play, the HSE or the local council's health and safety officer will take over the investigation, and could launch a prosecution if there is any evidence of negligence.

If the HSE launches a prosecution, it will be against the Sandringham Estate as a corporate body, of which the Queen, as owner of the private estate, is the head.
Convention dictates that the monarch is immune from criminal or civil prosecutions, but if a prosecution were to be brought against the Sandringham Estate, it would be the Queen, in effect, who would be liable for any fines levied, as she is the owner of the Estate.

Related Articles
Queen's gardener 'critical' after driving lawnmower into lake at Sandringham 08 Jul 2013
Sandringham cottage for William from Queen 24 Jun 2012
The Queen breaks tradition to stay on at Sandringham 10 Feb 2013

Managers at the 20,000 acre estate have already given statements to the police.
The incident happened at 1.30pm on Monday, less than an hour after the Queen had been at a private meeting with 63 members of the Welsh Corgi League and 48 of their dogs in the walled garden at Sandringham House.

The incident happened at Lower Lake, the largest of four lakes on the estate, next to the Estate Office, also known as York Cottage, where the Queen’s father King George VI was born. It is around 250 yards from the Queen’s residence.

In some places the lawn slopes sharply down to the water, and one possibility is that the gardener was cutting the grass on a slope when he lost control and ended up in the lake.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokeswoman said: "The man had apparently become trapped underwater by the grass cutter which he was riding. Two police officers and a colleague from the estate retrieved the man from the water and began CPR before paramedics arrived.

A Health and Safety Executive spokeswoman said: "At this stage the police are leading the investigation.

"In an incident like this, the police will take the lead and we will assist. The police will want to rule out any suspicions of foul play or anything like that before it becomes a work-related investigation led by the HSE.
"The police usually quite quickly hand these matters over to us once they have taken an initial look at things."

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "The Queen is aware of the incident and is being kept informed. We can make no further comment."

The Queen is now back in London and will return to Sandringham at the end of the month for the annual Sandringham Flower Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom