Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another photo of the Queen receiving Angela Merkel. Image

I was admiring the decor of this lovely room & its splendid fireplace & then I noticed that ugly electric heater in front of the fireplace.

I was admiring the decor of this lovely room & its splendid fireplace & then I noticed that ugly electric heater in front of the fireplace.

Doesn't Balmoral have them too? I wonder if all the BP apartments have heaters...I would rather light the fire.

The colour of the room's walls are lovely and calming.

Doesn't Balmoral have them too? I wonder if all the BP apartments have heaters...I would rather light the fire.

It looks like a portable heater,I've seen them too at Balmoral!

The room is beautiful,I think a nice fire would have complimented that wonderful fireplace.

The room is beautiful,I think a nice fire would have complimented that wonderful fireplace.

I would too, but you are not allowed to light a fireplace in central London.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are having lunch at Chequers with Prime Minister David Cameron. It's the monarch's first visit in 18 year
John Major was the last prime minister to invite the Queen to Chequers, a grace and favour Tudor mansion in Buckinghamshire.
The Queen's only other visit to Chequers, which houses Cromwell memorabilia, was in 1970 when she lunched with Ted Heath and Richard Nixon.

Last edited:
The Queen and Prince Philip enjoyed lunch at Chequers today, for the first time in two decades.
David Cameron said he was 'delighted' to invite them to the Prime Minister’s country retreat after unearthing old photographs of a 1970 visit by US President Richard Nixon.
After a tour of the house, the rare occasion was marked by the Duke of Edinburgh planting an oak tree in the grounds.

David Cameron gives the Queen a tour of Chequers | Mail Online

surely you jest! Is this some draconian measure to combat the infamous fogs?:bang:
Here in my area of CA we have 'no burn days' which are declared when the air quality is below a certain level. Spare the Air
I assume London has an outright ban for similar reasons.

The Queen is really cute...I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket. She looks so small in these photos.

The queen look completely non-plussed. That's the face you give a real estate sales person when they get nothing right! :whistling:

Well one is only a Head of Government and not a Head of State so maybe it is an acknowledgement that the Queen is of a higher status than a mere Chancellor. (Germany also has a President who is their Head of State and Chancellor is the equivalent really of the Prime Minister).

Iceflower, Thank you for the nice pictures. Prince Philip looks very happy in the carriage.:coach:

Iceflower, Thank you for the nice pictures. Prince Philip looks very happy in the carriage.:coach:

Carriage driving is one of Philip's favorite pastimes I think and its good to see him out and about and enjoying it.

Now that's a picture of HRH that brings a smile to my face. If we needed any further proof Prince Phillip is back to his old self, this w/out a doubt does that!!

Wonderful to see, isn't it? :D :D :D

It's wonderful that Prince Philip is well enough to be able to participate in this activity, which we know he enjoys so much. :D

I'm happy to see him out and about, enjoying activities that he loves. He looks very good.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a reception at St. James's Palace today, March 4, to mark the launch of the Music Trust, Christ Church Oxford.

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth as Patron together with the Duke of Edinburgh visited Reed's School to commemorate its Bicentenary in Cobham, Surrey, today, March 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** getsurrey.co.uk: Queen and Prince Philip see robots and racing cars at Reed's **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh Visit Reed's School, Surrey *
Her Majesty looks divine. Love The expressions on her face in pictures three and four. I must say, Science doesn't seem to be her thing, and I can't say I blame her it was my second least favorite subject in school too!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom