Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 9: December 2005-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warm Greetings Exchanged

To see the greetings of the Queen and Camilla is too much too!

Oh it was. But they were not booing the Queen - they were booing the whole idea of this new parliament. Many people used the event to protest about lots of different causes but the Queen certainly didnt make eye contact or even glance in their direction. 'The Royalist' have made out that there was this huge mournful procession with the Prince of Wales grief-stricken and the Queen hurt and almost in tears. It just isn't true.

But as far as Prince Charles and his wife are concerned please give me a break!

Then might I suggest you don't look at their threads?

Why is it? The Queen is kissing her daughter-in-law who she gets on well with and is now as much a part of the Royal Family as the Queen herself. It's natural HM should kiss her.

this not is the first kiss in public! the first was in william's graduation.

Exactly. So it's a regular thing. People need to get over it. (Although I'm personally delighted every time I see it!)

fanletizia said:
Kiss moment :p

from www.hola.com

very interesting... who would've thought in a million years there would be a kiss between the Queen & Camilla. :D :D but i'm glad the British RF is taking much more civil relationship between them. :)

Good thing the fashion for those really wide-brimmed hats is a thing of the past or they might have done each other a serious injury.

purple_platinum said:
very interesting... who would've thought in a million years there would be a kiss between the Queen & Camilla. :D :D but i'm glad the British RF is taking much more civil relationship between them. :)

They exchanged the same sort of greeting (kiss) last year at William's graduation. I don't have a photo, but I remember seeing it in an online video clip (BBC perhaps?).

A Kiss for Camilla from Queen
With her warm, down-to-earth nature and sterling support of her husband's role, the Duchess of Cornwall has won praise from royal watchers since stepping onto the public stage last year. And yesterday, by accepting a kiss from Camilla, the Queen gave the clearest sign yet she's welcomed her daughter-in-law into the fold as a senior royal and an integral part of the Windsor family........................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/02/welshassembly/

Photos from Hello magazine

BeatrixFan said:
Why is it? The Queen is kissing her daughter-in-law [...]
Well, I only see that Camilla kisses the Queen - not that the Quen kisses Camilla.:rolleyes: :D HM could only touch by her cheek Camilla.

It's natural HM should kiss her.
If HM want kiss someone that she doing that:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there's a certain amount of co-operation on both sides. Camilla leans in and kisses the Queen and the Queen kisses Camilla on the other side. Conveniently, the photograph has been taken from Camilla's side.

The full details of next week's state visit by the Brazilian President are now on the official British Monarchy website.

oh, great the link works! :D i like the one of her from 1947, and the ones with jackie kennedy and reagan as well. ;)

moby said:
Some portraits of the Queen over the years, for her 80th birthday this April:

http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.aspx?typ=set&isuid={8a4bb005-a3ea-43e3-9561-fd94681b9d88}

(hope the link works, if it doesn't in the news section, the link is in the bottom.)

thanks for pictures of HM Queen II she looks good! after that i look Princess Diana and Prince William have more pictures but im sure Duchess of Cornwall have some or not and also Countess of Wessex also? if you have it? let me know about it

Yes i am see beautiful photo Duchess Camilla kisses queen elizabeth in love photo.! Happy!

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of Indonesia, Dr RM Marty Natalegawa, for a private audience at Buckingham Palace, London, Thursday March 9 2006

from brunopress

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 158
Photo from Royal Insight:
The President of the Dominican Republic, Dr Leonel Fernandez, received by The Queen at Buckingham Palace on 24th March 2006:

Attachments

• DominicanRepublicPresident&Queen.jpg
    DominicanRepublicPresident&Queen.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 171
Is there gonna be a gala dinner for the President of the Dominican Republic?

crisiñaki said:
Is there gonna be a gala dinner for the President of the Dominican Republic?
I don't think so, crisinaki, as it just an Audience when Her Majesty received Their Excellencies, she has received heaps of Audiences with lots of world leaders like that, but it's not a State Visit which will have a State Banquet.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I don't think so, crisinaki, as it just an Audience when Her Majesty received Their Excellencies, she has received heaps of Audiences with lots of world leaders like that, but it's not a State Visit which will have a State Banquet.

Thank you;) :)

TRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Queen Elizabeth II are seen leaving the Victoria Palace theatre after attending a show of Billy Elliot The Musical on March 28, 2006 in London, England.

from getty

Attachments

• 57204712.jpg
    57204712.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 57204704.jpg
    57204704.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 57204706.jpg
    57204706.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 137
  • 57204707.jpg
    57204707.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 57204709.jpg
    57204709.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
It's so nice to see them doing normal things as a family, I can see the countess of wessex but cant make out if it's Prince Edward in Prince Phillips london cab. it's a very enjoyable musical.

Singing legend Tom Jones, right, is greeted by the state porter as he arrives at Buckingham Palace in central London to receive his knighthood from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, Wednesday March 29, 2006

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 112
HRH Queen Elizabeth II Attends Billy Elliot The Musical

from getty images

Attachments

• 57204705.jpg
    57204705.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 57204708.jpg