The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth II on a commemorative Australian coin. Conservative Prime Minister John Howard rejected the idea of Australia becoming a republic, saying there was no reason to remove Queen Elizabeth II as the country's head of state(AFP/File/Torsten Blackwood)
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Queen ELIZABETH visits the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey in London on Nov. 10, 2005.
Photos from Newscom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	afplive901502.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	212250   Click image for larger version

Name:	zunique017897.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	212251   Click image for larger version

Name:	zunique017898.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	212252   Click image for larger version

Name:	zunique017899.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	212253  

Name:	zunique017900.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	212254   Click image for larger version

Name:	zunique017901.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	212255  

Old 11-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i got a biography of QEII, the 1st chapter is also the death of Diana. i don't meant to be rude, but i'm just tired of seeing it everywhere.

HM does wear a 3 strands of pearls very often, and a pair of pearl earrings to go with it. i guess it's a special gift from her parents or Prince Philip that she loves very much.
I think like Henry VIII's six wives, the burnings of heretics in Mary I's reign, and the execution of Mary, Queen Of Scots in Queen Elizabeth I's reign the tragic fairytale of Diana, The Princess Of Wales will be brought up for centuries to come whenever Elizabeth II's reign comes up. Diana is an indelible part of the present Queen's history.

Her life and death played out in our time and therefore it is easy to grow wondrous weary of it. I find myself bringing her up without meaning to, or even without being aware of it at times whenever I begin chatting about the British family. It is not intentional.

In future days long after we are gone imo people will read with sadness, and fascination about the life and death of a 20th Century princess named Diana. She will be remembered a thousand years from now as one of the most beloved princesses of all time. Ain't no doubt.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Queen Elizabeth II on a commemorative Australian coin.
The Queen is the "heads" on all of our coins.
The coin pictured is just one of the many commemorative coins made by the Royal Australian Mint for the collector's market.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
made by the Royal Australian Mint for the collector's market.
Such as moi.

"MII"
Old 11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
HRH Queen ELIZABETH visits the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey in London on Nov. 10, 2005.
Photos from Newscom
Queens are Majesties, not Royal Highnesses

Interesting fact about that commemorative too Warren and Margrethe II, I've never seen a decimal Australian coin with 'florin' on it. Quite I nice touch I think!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen and Prnce Philip attended the Royal British Legion Remembrance yesterday:
Its such a pity no pics from other sites,:( this picture from BBC News UK:
And i have found another pictures from The Royalist Website,i think The Duchess of Cornwall had won a lot first 3 people away from The Queen at Trooping The Colour, then 2 people at the 60th Anniversary of WWII, then just one at the Norwegian State Banqut and now stands next to her mother in law officially so surely she will be future Queen :

Attached Images

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Gentry

THE Queen has been targeted by al-Qaeda in a chilling video obtained by MI5.

The tape names the royal as "one of the severest enemies of Islam".
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_...name_page.html
Old 11-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess of Cornwall had won a lot first 3 people away from The Queen at Trooping The Colour, then 2 people at the 60th Anniversary of WWII, then just one at the Norwegian State Banqut and now stands next to her mother in law officially so surely she will be future Queen :
Just because The Duchess of Cornwall is standing next to Her Majesty, that it's a sign of her approval as Camilla as the next Queen?? That's reading a bit too much into it if you ask me
Old 11-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Just because The Duchess of Cornwall is standing next to Her Majesty, that it's a sign of her approval as Camilla as the next Queen?? That's reading a bit too much into it if you ask me
It actually isnt reading into it too much. The Queen knows how to stay above politics and knows that any gesture she makes will be interpreted. It was rumoured in the tabloids that the Queen and Duchess did not get along and that the Queen was backed into a corner and had to let them marry. In reality the Queen forced Charles and Camilla to get married. Now the queen is showing her approvel of Camilla and more importent her rank. Only the second lady of the land would be allowed to stand next to the Queen. The Queen is trying to add a majestic quality to Camilla. She is preparing her to become Queen just as she is now trying more and more to give Charles the King in Waiting image.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
So, we now have Dame Judi Dench, CH, DBE, OBE

She must be fed up of getting new letterheads printed.
This is lovely to know. :)

My favorite movie queen with my favorite Queen. :)
Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Scottish cruise for Queen's 80th birthday
From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...15/ixhome.html
The Queen is to celebrate her 80th birthday next year by chartering a ship for a cruise around the Western Isles of Scotland.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Gentry

That will be a nice family treat for them all.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Hello!
The Queen hosted a party for the rugby players from the New Zealand All Blacks, who are currently touring the British Isles. The event was also attended by Lady Davina Lewis, her husband Gary Lewis (left) and players Jerry Collins (centre) and Rico Gear (right) - Photo: © Empics

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ugby-dop3a.jpg
Old 11-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Thanks Xica, but this is covered in the British Royal Family News & Pictures thread (a broader thread because this event includes various Gloucesters and Prince William, as well as HM). Here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ures-2441.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicamaluca
The Queen hosted a party for the rugby players from the New Zealand All Blacks, who are currently touring the British Isles.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Today Her Majesty went to Westminster Abbey in London where she attended a service of Holy Communion at the inaugration of the Eighth General Synod of the Church of England. In the pictures with the Queen, at the arrival, is the Dean, The Very Reverend Dr Wesley Carr, and the Sub Dean Cannon Robert Wright. Pictures one and two are from Yahoo News and pictures three and four are from Getty Images.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	213643   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	213644  
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Scottish cruise for Queen's 80th birthday
From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...15/ixhome.html
The Queen is to celebrate her 80th birthday next year by chartering a ship for a cruise around the Western Isles of Scotland.

That's very nice. :)
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 PM

Re:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4440772.stm

They should track this monster down and hang him in Parliament Square. I should hope that Royal Security is in a decent state.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Administrator

The Queen looks lovely in her dusty rose!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4440772.stm

They should track this monster down and hang him in Parliament Square. I should hope that Royal Security is in a decent state.
If he really was one of the suicide bombers, it might be rather hard to find enough bits to be worth hanging.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii