Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 8: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear Hear!!!!!
Happy Anniversary To Them Both!!!!!

Royal Variety Performance at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff, Wales, Great Britain on November 20, 2005. WireImage

Bigger and lovely pics of Her Majesty at the Royal Variety Performance, so great photos from Abacausa Press::)

Attachments

• 431479.jpg
    431479.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 431480.jpg
    431480.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 431481.jpg
    431481.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 431482.jpg
    431482.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 431483.jpg
    431483.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 431484.jpg
    431484.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 431485.jpg
    431485.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 431486.jpg
    431486.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 294
  • 431487.jpg
    431487.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 315
Dare I say that Her Majesty is using some sex appeal with that crimson color? At nearly 80 wearing such a "sexy" color tells me Her Majesty plans on being around for awhile longer! I say kudos to Her Majesty and GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

she looks amazing! that color is so beautiful and regal. seeing these photos, i'm amazed she doesnt wear it more often.

she often looks much slimmer in this dress. her usual white evening dresses don't flatter the way this dress does.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, tours the Sparkbrook area of Birmingham which was hit by a summer tornado, on November 22, 2005, Birmingham, England. Prince Philip met up with local residents who were affected by a tornado that hit the area in July at The Lahore Balti restaurant and then made a tour to see the repair work on local homes

from getty

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 208
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 251
HM and HRH are an awesome couple. Who would believe they are nearly 80 and 85. She is simply lovely in the variety performance pictures. Outstanding!

Her Majesty looked absolutely fabulous at the Royal Variety Performance! Smashing! And I agree, this colour really flatters her and her figure, it suits her so well. She really wears this ensemble with such a large portion of grace and dignity, looking very beautiful.

I like too her dress! It's flattering, and red is a very good colour for her. :)

HM seems alot more jolly these days. She's smiling alot more. I can understand Philip's anger with Catherine Tate. She went too far and it was out of place. Full marks to the Queen who bore it with good grace. Shirley Bassey always makes me laugh when she meets the Queen. The Queen looks worried as if she's going to burst into 'Goldfinger'.

BeatrixFan said:
HM seems alot more jolly these days. She's smiling alot more. I can understand Philip's anger with Catherine Tate. She went too far and it was out of place. Full marks to the Queen who bore it with good grace. Shirley Bassey always makes me laugh when she meets the Queen. The Queen looks worried as if she's going to burst into 'Goldfinger'.

I couldnt agree more. I'm glad Philip was upset. people shouldnt be able to make fun of the Queen and just get away with it.

Duke of Edimbourg New Picture

The Duke at The Duke of Edinburgh Conservation Medal at Lugano, on the 26th of November (source unknown, originally published on the Royal Press Review, please see my signature for a direct link).

20051127012603.767.0.jpg

pollyemma said:
I couldnt agree more. I'm glad Philip was upset. people shouldnt be able to make fun of the Queen and just get away with it.
:confused::D Huuumm... so bad they shut down the Tower of London... censorship is not what it used to be! :p (C'MON, the Queen can take a joke plus this is a democracy. That was rude but let's not overreact.)

Last edited:
Of Course the Queen won't go to Best's funeral. How ridiculous

Censorship - we've never been censored as such but all theatre shows, TV shows and radio shows until 1967 were subject to the Lord Chamberlain's office and he could remove large chunks of scripts etc. So anything that was negative about the RF or Government was taken out. The theatre has (in the majority) stuck to the rules even without them being enforced and had Catherine Tate done her performance when the Queen wasn't there, it would have been funny. But to do in front of the Queen - it was a bit rude and frankly, not what we expect from the Royal Variety Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom