Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 5: March-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen doesn't leave the UK much does she...why is that? i hope she doesn't think she is too good for other countries >__<

Hillary,The Queen had made lots of visits in other countries when she wa young but she's old now,maybe it's not good for her health to travel alot.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Hillary,The Queen had made lots of visits in other countries when she wa young but she's old now,maybe it's not good for her health to travel alot.
i guess that is true...it's disappointing to not see her at recent royal weddings...other elderly monarchs are there wish she could be there too :eek:

Nice they dedicated a page to Queen Beatrix. :)

News:
The Royal Collection site has been renewed. Now there is a large section dedicated to the collection, with many pictures of paintings, portraits and the other treasures (see e-Gallery online). There's also a very nice portrait of Her Majesty. Find it!
;)

Link: The Royal Collection

hillary_nugent said:
i guess that is true...it's disappointing to not see her at recent royal weddings...other elderly monarchs are there wish she could be there too :eek:

There are no other monarchs her age that attend anything. Rainier was older and hadn't attended anything for years (if he ever did in the first place). Juan Carlos is 12 years younger and rarely attends anything. Harald is 13 years younger and sometimes skips events to sail. Albert is 9 years younger, Beatrix is 12 years younger, Margrethe is 14 years younger, Carl Gustaf is 20 years younger, Henri 29 years younger and they attend everything. She's of a different generation and is considerably older than those who attend everything, so she can't be compared to the rest.

I agree with you kelly.Why lots of people always complain the Queen about that?She's older than the other Monarchs who attend the events.Although she not attend,but it is so polite of her she always sends the representatives to attend.Maybe Prince Charles or the Wessexes are young and they comfortable with the events than the Queen.If you guys are as old as her will you go to attend the events?she is eighty already,maybe she could feel lonely with lots of young Royals who are not the same age as her around.The old people are not easily to get into the young people life.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
she is eighty already,.

Please excuse the nit-pick but she has only just turned 79.

She will be 80 on April 21st 2006 - i.e. next year.

You are so.....Only one more year,so if i say The Queen is 79 and The Queen is 80 what is the different?OK,if you want i will change to 79 years old. But i do not know how to explain about you chrissy,so....

Compromise

HMQueenElizabethII said:
You are so.....Only one more year,so if i say The Queen is 79 and The Queen is 80 what is the different? OK,if you want i will change to 79 years old. But I do not know how to explain about you chrissy,so....

How about we meet half way and say that Her Majesty is now in her eightieth year.

Yeah maybe,i think in the end of her seventieth and at the beginning of her eightieth.

The Queen Hosts Canadian Reception

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756401.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052B73AE4A04EB8026E8621B2AC3A62513D3

clear.gif
clear.gif
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756398.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052BC242773B05CB010A621B2AC3A62513D3

clear.gif
clear.gif
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756390.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052B47D3771C0B2EADEE621B2AC3A62513D3

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756382.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052BE91F6D85A88F95BB621B2AC3A62513D3

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756378.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052B17FD1B0B1F2C8902621B2AC3A62513D3

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52756375.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=75D9C13F1F97052B7097A707060A4FD7621B2AC3A62513D3
clear.gif

clear.gif

Last edited:
The Queen will open parliament on May 17th and will, of course be accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh. They will then leave for their visit to Canada that begins that day, after the ceremony.

Do U Know What Cities Are They Going To Visit In Canada !?

Her Majesty invested the Governor of Solomon Islands yesterday:

Attachments

• BRITAIN-SOLOMON ISLANDS-0_2.jpg
    BRITAIN-SOLOMON ISLANDS-0_2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 173
  • BRITAIN-SOLOMON ISLANDS-012.jpg
    BRITAIN-SOLOMON ISLANDS-012.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 183
On Wednesday 11th May next week:
The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh
will attend a National Memorial Service for the UK victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami, at St. Paul's Cathedral, EC4.

The Queen received PM Tony Blair today:

Attachments

• BRITAIN_ELECTION__LON834.jpg
    BRITAIN_ELECTION__LON834.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 172
  • BRITAIN_ELECTION__LON835.jpg
    BRITAIN_ELECTION__LON835.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 164
  • BRITAIN-VOTE-BLAIR-QUEEN-21.jpg
    BRITAIN-VOTE-BLAIR-QUEEN-21.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 172
How nice! I am glad he won. ANd i hope he can fulfill his full term. The Queen looks great.

Two more from Getty Images:

Attachments

• Resize of 52768016.jpg
    Resize of 52768016.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Resize of 52768018.jpg
    Resize of 52768018.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 203
The Duke of Edinburgh on 4th May:

Attachments

• Resize of Insight_may05_gallery_templeton_large.jpg
    Resize of Insight_may05_gallery_templeton_large.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 228
Yes she will be opening the Games in Melbourne, Would have liked to see an Australian open it. Oh well, Welcome back to Australia Quenn Elizabeth and Prince Phililp

Yes,i would love to see Her Majesty in Australia too.I really admire Her Majesty.

The Queen received the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka yesterday:

Attachments

• BRITAIN-SRI-LANKA-ROYAL-012.jpg
    BRITAIN-SRI-LANKA-ROYAL-012.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 738
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's engagements to mark the end of World War II:
Monday 9th May:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit Guernsey and Jersey to mark the celebration of the 60th anniversary of Liberation.

6th June:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a concert to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the end of the Second World War, given by the British Legion, at Central Hall, Westminster, London.

9th July:
The Queen will unveil a monument to the Women of World War II in Whitehall, London.

10th July:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Remembrance and Commemoration for the end of the Second World War at Westminster Abbey, London.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will give a lunch for Second World War veterans in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend the National Commemoration of the end of the Second World War on Horse Guards Parade, London, and will view a flypast from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom