Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is fun!

The RF Twitter says the award was the brainchild of Angela Kelly (described as 'Personal Advisor to Her Majesty (The Queen's Wardrobe)' by the Palace), who designed the trophy and has been working on this for 2 years.

Am I right in saying this is Angela sitting on the right of Anna Wintour in these pictures?

The more I read on this front row viewing of Fashion Week by the Queen, the more I read between the lines and get a better understanding of just how close HM and Angela Kelly are. I'm tending to believe that the Queen was all in on this project mainly to support Angela. Fashion Week doesn't seem to be something that is tip top on the Queen's mind (unless its racing colors fashion).

Fashionwise, I don't think the Queen was really all that interested in the designs herself. She knows what she likes and so does Angela and Angela does a brilliant job of dressing HM. The idea though behind the award and the fact that it will become a permanent fixture of the event in the years to come and in its own way, a legacy to Angela Kelly.

It really did have to be a momentous surprise to see the Queen in the front row. Somehow, one doesn't automatically picture a 91 year old Queen and matriarch as being all up into the latest fashions. :D

After actually watching the video, I would love to know what HM was thinking as those outfits paraded before her. I tried to imagine HM wearing them and ended up with a fit of the giggles. Those outfits with the helmets though reminded me that HM won't even wear a riding helmet because it messes the hair. S'ok though. The Queen's fashion sense is timeless and unique to herself and she's doing just fine with it.

Last edited:
The more I read on this front row viewing of Fashion Week by the Queen, the more I read between the lines and get a better understanding of just how close HM and Angela Kelly are. I'm tending to believe that the Queen was all in on this project mainly to support Angela. Fashion Week doesn't seem to be something that is tip top on the Queen's mind (unless its racing colors fashion).

Fashionwise, I don't think the Queen was really all that interested in the designs herself. She knows what she likes and so does Angela and Angela does a brilliant job of dressing HM. The idea though behind the award and the fact that it will become a permanent fixture of the event in the years to come and in its own way, a legacy to Angela Kelly.

It really did have to be a momentous surprise to see the Queen in the front row. Somehow, one doesn't automatically picture a 91 year old Queen and matriarch as being all up into the latest fashions. :D

The Queen has been interested in fashion since her younger days as Queen. As I said before; she and Princess Margaret went to fashion shows and they did use fashion to help carve out their roles.

I’m not sure she’s interested in the new fashion of the day, but I think she like seeing young designers doing well. I agree, she and Angela work very well together on her own wardrobe.

I actually think The Queen might have had some interest in some of those prints.

I just looked up why Anna always wears shades. It's her armor. She says she can be bored (or whatever) behind them and not get noticed.

In that case, she should have taken them off sitting next to HM. Who needs armor sitting next the Q Elizabeth? And who would even want to send that message sitting next to HM.

also British fashion is an important industry worth alot of money - with Brexit I imagine reminding people the UK is led by the most photographed woman in the world is no bad thing.

Sunnies@night

Miss Hilton has been reported as saying that
sunnies protect from flash light pain.
Essential when she is DJing.

Who won the award,you'd think he have dressed up for meeting Her Majesty the Queen especially at a fashion show.

My highlight was Dame Wintour sitting beside the queen in her superglued on sunglasses :D

Now that was good for a giggle or two. The amazing thing too about it is that both women look approximately the same age in that picture. :lol:

This made me chuckle... it might do that for you too...

You know, The Queen actually look good with that hairdo. She has told her hairdresser that she want to change up her hairstyle, but she changes her mind at the last minute.

No. no,no.
They both look like Marrianne Faithful.
YouTube has her in concert at the Bataclan
Nov 2016
You'll see what I mean.

Court Circular 22nd February:
Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Hillier (Chief of the Air Staff) was received by The Queen today.

The following were received in audience by The Queen and kissed hands upon their appointment as Her Majesty's Ambassadors: Mr. Michael Davenport (the State of Kuwait) and Mr. Justin McKenzie Smith (Georgia).
Mrs. Davenport was also received by Her Majesty.

The following were received in audience by The Queen upon their appointment as British High Commissioners: Ms. Sarah Cooke (the United Republic of Tanzania) and Mr. Richard Lindsay (Brunei Darussalam).
Mr. Calum McCallum and Mrs. Lindsay were also received by Her Majesty.

HM always seems to pick that rather old Jaguar when she wants to drive herself, rather than the many newer cars she has at her disposal. She much like it personally.

It is odd to see anyone driving without a seatbelt though, I know the Queen never wears one but it is a bit jarring.

I've always loved seeing HM doing things that she probably doesn't get a chance to do very often and its mostly while she's at Windsor that she gets a bit of her own life to herself with riding in Windsor Great Park, driving herself to church and from what I've come to believe, pop around for visits with friends and family after church.

For a woman that is fast approaching 92 years old, she's an inspiration to us all.

She is amazing. I love that she still drives and rides her horse. Age aint nothing but a number, baby! ?

The Queen drive in the manner in which I prefer...simple driving. I think it’s best to not be an everyday driver.

Court Circular 27th February:
Mr. Christopher Pincher MP was received by The Queen today and delivered up his Wand of Office upon relinquishing his appointment as Comptroller of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office as Treasurer of the Household.

Mr. Christopher Heaton-Harris MP was received by The Queen and delivered up his Wand of Office upon relinquishing his appointment as Vice-Chamberlain of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office as Comptroller of the Household.

Mr. Mark Spencer MP was received by The Queen upon his appointment as Vice-Chamberlain of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office.

The Vice-Chamberlain of the Household was received in audience by The Queen and presented an Address from the House of Commons to which Her Majesty was graciously pleased to make reply.

The Lord Henley was received by The Queen this afternoon upon relinquishing his appointment as a Lord in Waiting to Her Majesty.

The Baroness Buscombe was received by The Queen upon relinquishing her appointment as a Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

The Baroness Stedman-Scott was received by The Queen upon assuming her appointment as a Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

By command of The Queen, Mr. Alistair Harrison (Marshal of the Diplomatic Corps) received His Excellency Major General Dato Paduka Seri Haji Aminuddin Ihsan Bin Pehin Orang Kaya Saiful Mulok Dato Seri Paduka Haji Abidin at St. James's Palace this morning in order to bid farewell to His Excellency upon relinquishing his appointment as High Commissioner for Brunei Darussalam in London.

-----
What’s going on? That’s two days the Queen’s had audiences and no photos from BP.

Court Circular 28th February:
Miss Sarah MacIntosh was received in audience by The Queen this afternoon and kissed hands upon her appointment as Permanent Representative to the United Kingdom's Delegation to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of Her Majesty this evening.

The Queen was represented by the Lord Fellowes (Extra Equerry and formerly Private Secretary to Her Majesty) at the Funeral of Sir Julian Loyd (formerly Land Agent, Sandringham) which was held in St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham, Norfolk, today.

I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.

I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.

During the week, The Queen is usually at Buckingham Palace. She go to Windsor Castle on the weekends. She’s spending a little more time at Windsor and work from there, if she don’t have to be at the Headquarters for official reasons.

She was certainly in residence at BP earlier this week.

I just realized - I don't know this...

I know where the Royal Apartments are and Where St. George's is. But where does the Queen get in the car for the drive?

https://goo.gl/images/YE42S3.

The church she attends most regularly is I think the one close to Royal Lodge rather than St George's. St George's is much larger whereas the Royal Chapel of All Saints is smaller and more private.

HM always seems to pick that rather old Jaguar when she wants to drive herself, rather than the many newer cars she has at her disposal. She much like it personally.

Yes, I've been seeing pics of her driving that Jaguar for years on end now. She's nearly 92 so I'm sure modern cars might be confusing for her now with so many automatic features.

She probably likes to keep it simple.

I always find it funny watching her driving and wearing a hat. It looks like she could be returning home from the supermarket. :D

She had audiences at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday and Wednesday. Usually she travels to Windsor on Thursday or Friday, so I assume she’s there now.
For some reason BP hasn’t published any photos from the Queen’s last 3 audiences, which they usually always do. No idea what is going on with them:confused:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom