Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video with the new Dame Julie Walters at Buckingham Palace today.

CC 7/11

The Duke of Edinburgh, Colonel, Grenadier Guards, this afternoon held a Regimental Council Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Thank you iceflower and Dman Her Majesty is pretty as a picture. Love the color.

Here's another video of H.M.The Queen The Queen attending the reopened Sir Joseph Hotung Gallery of China and South Asia at the British Museum in London on November 8th.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks iceflower! :flowers:

People were again out in force to see HM, and (as usual) they didn't know that she stopped with walkabouts in 2013 due to her age, but she made an exception (as she also did for her 90th birthday in 2016 and her visit to Leicester for the Maundy Service earlier this year) and went on a short walkabout to collect some flowers:

A live-article from Hull Daily Mail with several videos and pictures from today's amazing visit:
Live updates as The Queen visits Hull in our City of Culture year - Hull Daily Mail

Two articles about what people felt when they saw (or spoke with) Her Majesty - really worth a read:
'A day to remember' - crowds delight as hundreds pack out Hull Paragon to meet the Queen - Hull Daily Mail

'I used to be a mechanic': Queen reminisces with Siemens workers on visit to Hull factory - Hull Daily Mail

91 photos:
Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

A short video of the walkabout:

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
It may be approaching winter in Hull but with the Queen's visit, there were nothing but warm smiles all around. Every picture in the articles show a 91 year old woman bright eyed and smiling wide and very interested in where she was and who she was meeting.

Thanks for the articles Royal Norway! :flowers:

Lovely surprise!

CC 29/11 The Duke of Edinburgh, Patron, the National Maritime Museum, this afternoon visited The Prince Philip Maritime Collections Centre, Nelson Mandela Road, London SE3.

Living proof that you just can't keep a good man down. Its nice that he has the option to pick and choose what he wants to do but after all these years, some things become so ingrained that its second nature to want to do them. Considering how important the Navy was and is to Philip, wild horses probably couldn't have kept him away from this exhibit. :D

Last edited:
:previous:
Telegraph article:
Queen presented with posy of flowers on visit to charity - by a labrador
After the longest reign in British history, the Queen has received countless posies in her time. Few, though, will have been delivered in quite such style.

The Queen appeared delighted as she was offered a posy of flowers by a seven-year-old black Labrador, who is descended from one of her own breeding lines at Sandringham.

Yarna, one of 400 dogs at a charity which trains them to assist their disabled owners, performed a curtsey before offering the flowers to Her Majesty in front of a crowd.

A little too eager, she dropped the posy at the Queen's feet amid the excitement before her handler saved the day.

ITN video:
The Queen carries out official engagements in West Sussex visiting Canine Partners in Midhurst:
https://itnproductions.com/news/video-the-queen-gifted-flowers-by-trained-canine?type=raw

Last edited:
Thank you RN for the lovely video of HM and Yarna the dog, he got so excited to met HM that he dropped the flowers, can't blame him now can we for meeting HM would be thrilling to me and I would probably faint on the spot. How pretty HM looks in pink and glad to see her wearing this color more, makes her skin glow and Yarna the dog, gorgeous furbaby with those big dark eyes. ?

As I normally start at the top of the new posts in the British threads with my first cup of coffee of the day, this video warmed my heart more than the coffee did. What an amazing organization Canine Partners is.

One thing I noticed is that HM received quite a few paws of approval and she rated 10 on the wag-o-meter scale. As a devoted dog lover, these animals not only become part of one's family, but also become an extension of the owner themselves. What a wonderful bond.

Thanks Royal Norway for posting this video.

What a sweet video! Thank you RN!

QEII looks pretty, and her pink coat & hat coordinate perfectly with Canine Partners purple theme. Wonderful organization!

Canine Partners is awesome for what they do—as are you Royal Norway for your kindness in sharing the video with us. The Queen is radiant in pink.

Queen Elizabeth received the Ambassadors of Nigeria and Lebanon at Buckingham Palace today, December 6:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** dailymail article **

And later attended the Scripture Union's 150th anniversary service of celebration at St Mary's church in Islington, London. Queen Elizabeth is Patron of the Scripture Union:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: The Queen of colour blocking! Her Majesty braves the December chill in a striking ensemble as she joins..**

Last edited:
Here are a few more photographs of H.M.Queen Elizabeth II attending the Scripture Union's 150th Anniversary Service of Celebration at St Mary's Church in Islington,London.

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom