Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it was a diary error and Prince Philip was never meant to attend this event, he's fine at Sandringham.

According to The Sunday Times, the US State visit will take place in June.

THis is for information only, not for response as the proper thread is closed.

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will open the @GCHQ National Cyber Security Centre in London on February 14th

The day before she becomes the Sapphire Queen, our record breaking smiling monarch atended church and went on a short walkabout:
The Queen attends a church service in Norfolk | Daily Mail Online
The Queen seemed to be in especially high spirits today as she prepares to become the first monarch to reach a sapphire jubilee tomorrow.

Her Majesty seemed as spiritely as ever as she arrived a church service at St Peter and St Paul West Newton in Norfolk this morning.

The monarch, 90, could barely take the smile off her face as she greeted well-wishers awaiting her arrival.
Pictures:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/05/13/3CDCA57200000578-4193116-image-a-1_1486300084056.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/05/13/3CDC9BA700000578-4193116-image-m-3_1486300095202.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/05/13/3CDCC65300000578-4193116-image-a-5_1486300115916.jpg

Reactions: eya
Queen all smiles on walkabout ahead of Sapphire Jubilee - ITV News
Well-wishers were greeted with a smile as the Queen went on a walkabout on the eve of becoming the first British monarch to reach their Sapphire Jubilee.

The 90 year-old was handed bouquets from the waiting crowds after the church service at St Peter and St Paul in West Newton, Norfolk.

Monday will mark 65 years to the day since Elizabeth II came to the throne.

I was about to post about this in the General News thread (since this is not a current event) but since you as administrator have postet about here, then I assume that it's okay to post about it here.

Our Sapphire Queen looked great:
Queen boards train from Norfolk after traditional break - ITV News
Traditionally the Queen spends Christmas and the new year period at her private Sandringham estate.

This winter there were concerns as Her Majesty suffered from a heavy cold which forced her to miss church over Christmas, however she appeared to be in good health today as she made her way back to London.
Queen boards train for journey back to London as she finishes winter break at*Sandringham
The Queen has made the journey by train back to London after her traditional winter break came to an end.

Looking relaxed and wearing a lime green coat and a headscarf, the monarch was photographed boarding a train at King's Lynn station.
Queen on the train back to London after Sapphire Jubilee milestone | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Lovely in lime! Queen boards train to London after Sapphire Jubilee milestone

THE Queen looked happy and relaxed as she made the journey by train back to London after her traditional winter break came to an end.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2805727/queen-back-london-after-sandringham-illness/
WELCOME HOME, MA'AM! The Queen arrives back in London by train after her extended winter break at Sandringham through illness
She recently became the first British monarch to reign for 65 years as she celebrated her Sapphire Jubilee

FOLLOWING a winter break at Sandringham the Queen has been pictured returning to London by train today.

The 88-year-old caught the 10.54 service from King’s Lynn in Norfolk to King’s Cross.
This must be an innocent mistake, for if there is a person in this country who doesn't know that Her Majesty is 90, that person must be deaf-blind.

When she makes these trips, does she ride regular first class, or is a car from her train attached to the scheduled train that is running?

When she makes these trips, does she ride regular first class, or is a car from her train attached to the scheduled train that is running?

That is a std first class carriage which is added to a scheduled train for her use only.

It's silly, I know, but I always hope she loves the train as much as I do. The gentle rocking and sound of a train can feel so comforting/civilized. And one need never know road rage! :lol:

Queen Elizabeth received the new Lieutenant Governor of Quebec Michel Doyen, and Pauline Theberge for an audience at Buckingham Palace on February 16:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Photograph?

Slightly unrelated I know but there are two photograph's in the background. One is the Cambridge's engagement photograph and the other? Is it The Tindall's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly unrelated I know but there are two photograph's in the background. One is the Cambridge's engagement photograph and the other? Is it The Tindall's?

Yes, Cambridge Engagement Photo and the Tindall's Wedding Photo.

Queen Elizabeth received the new Lieutenant Governor of Quebec Michel Doyen, and Pauline Theberge for an audience at Buckingham Palace on February 16:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

A first to my eye. Her makeup is noticeably unblended to the neck area. Or looks that way in the light in this room.

The Duke of Edinburgh has backed a pioneering new project that aims to reduce London bus emissions.

On his first solo engagement after a bout of ill health, Prince Philip — who drove an electric car in the Sixties and also owned an eco-friendly Metrocab— visited Vantage Power in Greenford.

Its scheme involves fitting a new engine and gear box to existing vehicles and is being trialled by Transport for London in six buses.

Philip, 95, praised the project, which cuts emissions while increasing efficiency by up to 40 per cent.
Read more: Prince Philip gets on board with green scheme for London’s buses | London Evening Standard

The Queen looks lovely in her blue & white dress! I would have gone with a different color shoe, but she is 90 years old after all, so she is going to wear what she feels most comfortable and sure-footed wearing. I do the same & I am less than half her age! ;)

She seems more stooped over than usual, but still seems to be in great shape! :)

The Queen looks lovely in her blue & white dress! I would have gone with a different color shoe, but she is 90 years old after all, so she is going to wear what she feels most comfortable and sure-footed wearing. I do the same & I am less than half her age! ;)

She seems more stooped over than usual, but still seems to be in great shape! :)

I agree, she looked great. I think she was wearing the Albert brooch and it just shined with her smile. Yes, she's showing her age, but she wears it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom