Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014

The Royal Yacht Squadron is the yacht club sponsoring Land Rover BAR's America's cup challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The bandage on her right leg has been there for a very long time. Even at her advanced age, that is a long time for a injury to heal.

HM is wearing a rather large bandage on her right leg; anyone know what happened?:whistling:

She has been wearing a bandage over a bruise etc on that leg since the summer. Maybe a very slow healing injury - not uncommon in the very old.

Yes, that's been there for a very long time now, perhaps the result of a knock. I hope it's not developing into an ulcer. The Queen should get some fresh air and sunshine on it.

Prince Philip has agreed to a rare chat with presenter Phillip Schofield on camera.

The 95-year-old Duke, who in the past has given seasoned interviewers short shrift, has taken questions from his namesake for a documentary to mark 60 years of the Duke of Edinburgh Award.

His decision to allow the cameras to follow him comes after five years of declining TV interviews since he sat down with the BBC’s Fiona Bruce for his 90th birthday in June 2011.

During the awkward chat Philip admitted he did not want to be interviewed and said about the Duke of Edinburgh scheme: “I don’t run it - I’ve said it’s all fairly secondhand the whole business.

“I mean, I eventually got landed with the responsibility or the credit for it.

“I’ve got no reason to be proud of it. It’s satisfying that we’ve set up a formula that works - that’s it.”
Read more: Phillip Schofield to interview Prince Philip in rare TV chat to mark 60 years of Duke of Edinburgh Award - Mirror Online

That's Philip. Blunt and to the point. He doesn't want fanfare, glory, accolades or any of that. He does what he does and that's it. No airs about this guy at all. He gives the credit to where its due. I like that in a person.

I'm so pleased to see them together! They both look really good!

Yes, they're both looking very spry and dapper. The Queen appears to be a bit frail, but very sparkling and lovely. There's no-one like her really.

Last edited:
I think this is simply fantastic and have expressed my sentiments on it in the General Information thread.

This is definitely newsworthy!

Queen Elizabeth II is to meet His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia

On October 11, 2016, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations (DECR), met with Great Britain’s ambassador to Russia Dr. Laurie Bristow. Participating in the meeting from the side of the British diplomatic mission was the first secretary Jonathan Evans. From the DECR side there was Archpriest Sergiy Zvonarev, secretary for the far abroad.
Metropolitan Hilarion warmly welcomed the high-ranking diplomat to the synodal department.

They discussed various matters concerning the forthcoming pastoral visit of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to Great Britain to take place from October 15 to 18, 2016. The visit is devoted to the 300th anniversary of the Russian Orthodox Church’s presence in the British islands.

https://mospat.ru/en/2016/10/11/news136962/

Patriarch Kirill expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II in London (updated)

Moscow, October 5, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia is expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II while visiting the United Kingdom on October 15-18.

"Patriarch Kirill is expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, who celebrated her 90th birthday this year, and with Archbishop Justin Welby, the leader of the Church of England," Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, the chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations, said in an interview with Interfax-Religion on Wednesday.
He did not disclose the agenda of the meetings.
Interfax-Religion

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Al_bina. It blows my mind that they are celebrating 300 years of the Russian Orthodox Church being in Britain. It blows my mind in the respect that the country I live in hasn't even existed for 300 years.

I'm wondering too if Charles will want to participate in this visit too. Its always seemed to me that Charles has a deep respect and interest in the other faiths that make up the diverse communities that are Great Britain.

"A new portrait to mark the Queen's six decades as patron of the British Red Cross has been unveiled by the monarch.

The artwork, which has been painted by Henry Ward, depicts the head of state wearing her flowing garter robes as she sits in the White Drawing Room at Windsor Castle."

Striking portrait of the Queen clad in her garter robes is unveiled to celebrate her six decades as a patron of the*Red Cross | Daily Mail Online

Here are a few more photos from the event

Queen Elizabeth Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Queen, Supreme Governor of the C of E, will meet the head of Russia's Orthodox Church today. No cameras; the audience will be private.

https://rbth.com/news/2016/10/18/qu...russian-patriarch-at-buckingham-palace_639887
Queen Elizabeth II has received Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia at Buckingham Palace, her London residence, the patriarch’s secretary, Alexander Volkov, said on Oct. 18.

The meeting is held behind closed doors and is scheduled to last for some 30 minutes.

Metropolitan Ilarion, the head of Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Bishop of London Richard Chartres are also taking part in the meeting.

According to Volkov, the Queen and Patriarch Kirill will discuss problems of "Christians in the Middle East, as well as the current status of traditional Christianity in Europe, which, unfortunately, is facing hard times."

"We expects this meeting to be productive for the building of relations between our nations as the Church and monarchy are a foundation for the preservation of traditional values, which, unfortunately, are losing importance for many people," Volkov said earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom