Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen has awarded colours to members of The Royal Welsh, during a ceremony at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff today. She drove around the stadium atop a vehicle that allowed her to assess the troops. On her way out of the Stadium she was presented with flowers by a small child, as is tradition, but the child was hit in the head by an officer who was saluting the Queen on her departure. .

Home - ITNSource News

She began her week with a visit to Runnymede to mark the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta and seven days and eight engagements later, the Queen was on top form as she watched the polo in Surrey.
Joining her was the Duke of Edinburgh, who at the age of 94, accompanied her to every single one and looked dashing in his grey trousers and black jacket.
Her Majesty, meanwhile, looked lovely in a spring green coat, polka dot dress and a matching hat decorated with a jaunty feather.

Making her eighth appearance in just SEVEN days, it's the Queen - aged 89 | Daily Mail Online

Given their age, I think HM and Prince Philip are doing an amazing job. I admire both of them but Prince Philip in particular, as he's still carrying on after health problems (his hospitalization in 2012) at the age of 94.

If these were my 90 year old parents, I would strongly advise them to cut back that schedule!

The Queen has cut out long overseas trips to Commonwealth realms such as Canada and Australia etc. She has also cut back on her trips in the UK and everything she does is carefully planned by her staff, but she is still busy and that's what keeps her in such good health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making her eighth appearance in just SEVEN days, it's the Queen - aged 89 | Daily Mail Online

Given their age, I think HM and Prince Philip are doing an amazing job. I admire both of them but Prince Philip in particular, as he's still carrying on after health problems (his hospitalization in 2012) at the age of 94.

Excellent. I only wish this type of health and energy for all of us at their age.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If these were my 90 year old parents, I would strongly advise them to cut back that schedule!

So might have their children and grand children, and it is entirely possible HM and the DoE completely ignored them! :)

So might have their children and grand children, and it is entirely possible HM and the DoE completely ignored them! :)

Yes, of course! When I was younger, I ignored my parents, and when they were ninety, they ignored me.

Even though Beatrice turned up to this first reception it's a pity that neither William or Harry were there to support their grandmother. Both have been appointed ambassadors to the Commonwealth-based programme and have made announcements and speeches about it. Neither could be bothered to turn up for an hour or so, however. It's pretty poor, IMO.

I'm sure it wasn't that they couldn't be bothered the firm of BRF know who should go to these things and who doesn't

Even though Beatrice turned up to this first reception it's a pity that neither William or Harry were there to support their grandmother. Both have been appointed ambassadors to the Commonwealth-based programme and have made announcements and speeches about it. Neither could be bothered to turn up for an hour or so, however. It's pretty poor, IMO.

Wow...Pretty judgmental. William has a job in Norfolk and Harry hasn't checked in yet and explained himself. If HM had wanted one of them there, it would have been scheduled accordingly and they would have been there. And my opinion is that HM allowed Beatrice to be there to give her some experience and exposure not that HM needed her there.

They were both appointed ambassadors to it though, and made speeches promoting it. They are both associated with this programme. Bea isn't. If Harry is out of the country, then William should have turned up.

It's not being judgemental. As an Australian the Commonwealth is important to me, and I know it certainly is to the Queen. How do we know Bea wasn't being supportive to her grandmother?

Last edited:
And if Will did go I'm sure there would be some who wouldn't like him out shining Beatrice

I don't think so. I don't think it's that type of event. It is very important IMO for the younger royals to show an interest in Commonwealth programmes like this one.

In regards to the Young Leaders programme, we need to have an understanding of how the Firm works. The Lord Chamberlain would have had meetings with dept heads of William, Harry etc etc, probably up to six months prior. They discuss who is going to be available and possibly HM asked for Beatrice to be present, especially as Prince Andrew has been pushing for more duties for his daughters. Just because we don't see William, Kate, Harry or the others out and about, doesn't mean they aren't working for The Firm behind the scenes.

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen, Patron, has visited the Scottish Veterans' Garden City Association's new housing development for disabled veterans at Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh. Her Majesty met representatives of the SVGCA and veterans from Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh as well as veterans from Inverness and Angus. Her Majesty also unveiled a commemorative stone and planted a tree-

Home - ITNSource News

What a tragedy... I would have been so overwhelmed if I had been there to share that painful minute of silence...

The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, visited the University of Strathclyde. She also opened The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Children and The Queen Elizabeth Teaching and Learning Centre - July 3, 2015.

She looked great as usual.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=14bd45db008f492c908fb9d8ed61f6e0&oe=560F6FA4

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3aa6f9bccf8a1a3368e0dea61bc9eba9&oe=5612D115

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3592dcc74962ea1837b9a2fb6f19a227&oe=561A20B5

The Queen meeting patients at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5d23eff072ac1a9e5034dd7ab3fefd70&oe=561FBD3E

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI_eLlgWcAA7X4w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom