Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen was treated to Shakespeare and sheep-shearing on a visit to Lancaster today. She travelled to the city on the Royal Train and was welcomed by hundreds of flag-waving well-wishers. After a short journey from the railway station, along a route lined by representatives of the Army, Navy and RAF, the Queen arrived at the city's historic castle to be greeted with more enthusiastic cheers and applause - and a torrential downpour-

Home - ITNSource News

I think the counting the money remark was made tongue in cheek because its the Duchy of Lancaster that provides the Queen with her personal income. ;)

I think the counting the money remark was made tongue in cheek because its the Duchy of Lancaster that provides the Queen with her personal income. ;)

Ah, now I get it. :lol: Thanks for the explanation.

Quite right!

A new article from the daily fail.

The Queen, 89, visits Lancaster Castle hours after hosting Italian President | Daily Mail Online

And what do ewe do? Tireless Queen, 89, visits agricultural centre hours after hosting the Italian President AND throwing a garden party at Buckingham Palace

The Queen is seen being driven through central London after a long day on Thursday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/29/11/292CF33500000578-3102291-image-a-20_1432896699352.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/29/11/292CF5FA00000578-3102291-image-a-19_1432896697072.jpg

Last edited:

On May 26, the Duke of Edinburgh as Patron of London Youth visited the member clubs in Camden, Queens Crescent Community Association (QCCA) and Wac Arts.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

How lucky is the Queen that she has such wonderful health and is able to enjoy life at her age.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes indeed, though she restricts herself to riding a quiet pony these days instead of a horse, and the pace has probably slowed to a slow trot rather than a swift canter! The Queen's done very well to keep up one of the great passions of her life at her age. Hard to imagine Queen Victoria or Queen Mary horse riding in their old age.

(By the way, I've never seen a photo of Queen Mary on a horse or read any reference to her horse riding. I suppose she did learn to ride but wasn't fond of it.)

I simply LOVE this man... What a young spirit he has!:flowers: Certainly younger than me... and I am in my twenties...:lol:. I loved how he unveil that plaque with an overdramatic gesture.... Way to go Phil!:cool:

I love heartwarming stories like this. What a charming, young man.

The Queen seemed to have fun with Marie-Christine.

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh gave himself the title of the "world's most experienced plaque unveiler" as he opened new college arts facilities today. Following a tour of the Richmond Adult Community College in south-west London, Prince Philip was presented with a glass tile created by one of the tutors, before officially declaring the building open-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Endearing moment young boy takes off his top hat and shakes the Queen's hand as she talks with Dubai royalty at Epsom Derby
Endearing moment young boy takes off his top hat and shakes the Queen's hand as she talks with Dubai royalty at Epsom Derby | Daily Mail Online

This young man was taught very well by his parents on how to present himself to ladies, including The Queen. I'm sure she was very impressed.

Indeed he was. Such a charming moment.

You know, of all the famous people who are also Horse Racing fans that I would have loved to have watched American Pharoah win The Belmont Stakes and Triple Crown w/last Saturday, I would have picked The Queen. She *knows* not only how special a moment that was, but as a Breeder and Owner of Racehorses, she also knows just how much hard work and also heartbreak goes into it too.

Yes, would have loved seeing her reaction to the 1st US Triple Crown of the 21st Century. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Elizabeth as Colonel-in-Chief presented New Colours to the Royal Welsh at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff today, June 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom