Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's current. It shows the Duke at tonight's reception for the Magna Carta. How common is it to just wake up with a black eye?
How pretty the Queen looks in that bright red.
So far I'm not seeing Robert Hardy. Odd, because I know he's taking part in the national celebrations later this year. That's been confirmed.;):D
Oh well, I bet he will be at Richard the IIIs re internment- I'll get to see him with the COW if so.;):D
What else is HM doing this week?
EDIT- was just telling my Dad about the DOE black eye, and he said, " Well, he probably said something stupid, and the Queen whacked him!"

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen inspected a copy of the Magna Carta at a special reception at Buckingham Palace to mark its 800th anniversary. She was shown a modern copy of the document which attempted to limit the powers of her medieval predecessor King John as she met hundreds of legal and political dignitaries. Comprising 3,500 handwritten words in minuscule medieval Latin, it is written on sheepskin parchment, like the original, and belongs to the British Library. .

Home - ITNSource News

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The Queen & Prince Philip receive King Tupou VI & Queen Nanasipau'u of Tonga at Windsor Castle this afternoon.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The Queen & Prince Philip receive King Tupou VI & Queen Nanasipau'u of Tonga at Windsor Castle this afternoon.

He's not as fat as I remember.
Purple is HM's color- she had me convinced red was, but she really rocks that color.
The Tongan Queen's outfit is um, interesting. Not what I would choose for an audience with the Queen, however I understand traditional outfit, etc.

The Duke of Edinburgh as Honorary Air Commodore of the Royal Air Force Northolte presendt a new Standard to 32 (The Royal) Squadron at Royal Air Force Northolt today, March 2nd:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Prince Philip is indeed looking well these days and it is good to see him doing what he does so well.

Joe Little @MajestyMagazine · 7m 7 minutes ago
The Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh will attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting @chogm2015mt in Valletta from 27-29 November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3ZiQU2Km0

Last edited by a moderator:
Great that Queen Elizabeth will be visiting Valletta, I hope that she and those with her lodge in the city maybe they'll arrange the roads in those areas for a change cause they're in great need of reconstruction....on the other hand if she stays in St Julians again theyll arrange those areas which don't need any more 'dolling up' .....I love my country but it seems that it's only during these high profile visits that they do some thing road wise

Both the Commonwealth meeting and the observance event are BRF events :) they're being talked about in the family thread.

Britannia cruise ship named by the Queen in lavish ceremony - Telegraph
The naming of a ship, followed by liquid spillage over the bow, is a long-held tradition, an honour previously bestowed on icons such as Sixties 'it' girls (Twiggy), Italian sex symbols (Sophia Loren); the queen of cakes (Mary Berry), and the Duchess of Cambridge (who can forget the heavily pregnant Kate in a Dalmatian print dress smashing a Swarovski-studded Nebuchadnezzar against the cruise ship Royal Princess?).

The Vikings did it with blood. Today it's usually bubbly; wine if it's a Cunard ship. Today the Queen christened P&O Cruises' gleaming white, red and blue Britannia in Southampton with a Nebuchadnezzar of sparkling wine from the Wiston Estate Winery in Sussex.

The Queen has previously christened the Royal Yacht Britannia and four other cruise ships: the QE2, the Oriana (another P&O ship) and Cunard's Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth.

But her presence here today was significant for the cruise line which has spent nearly half a billion pounds building a contemporary ship, a "modern classic" for the British cruising market.

I guess the name "Britannia" brought some bittersweet memories for HM today ...

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, attended the Naming Ceremony of the P+O Cruises ship Britannia at the Ocean Cruise Terminal, Southampton today. The Royal party took their seats for the short ceremony, including a blessing of the ship from the Bishop of Southampton. .

Home - ITNSource News

Oh, isn't she pretty in peach? It's so wonderful that she still attends functions. Our day becomes colourful and the sun shines brighter when we get to see Her Majesty!

I only hope HMQ was given decent brooch for performing what must have been a rather [emotionally] difficult engagement...

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, attended the Naming Ceremony of the P+O Cruises ship Britannia at the Ocean Cruise Terminal, Southampton today. The Royal party took their seats for the short ceremony, including a blessing of the ship from the Bishop of Southampton. .

Home - ITNSource News

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom