Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First- First article- Lovely! The Queen looks divine!
Second article- First picture- priceless! Love the Duke's tie!
Second- Didn't Helen Mirren star in the play? And Robert Hardy before he fell? So now the monarch is going, and 2 of my favorite actors won't be there? Figures.:argh: :rolleyes:
Third- Nice pictures, but really dislike HM outfit!

I never been a fan of HM's large and shapeless overcoats. It's cold so she have to wrap up though.

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh has opened the South Creake Memorial Pavillion in Norfolk today, where he met with members of the local community. Prince Philip was shown how areas of pavillion are used for different activities including fitness and art classes. .

Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
On 9 March The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh will attend the Commonwealth Observance at Westminster Abbey.

The Observance is the biggest multi-faith celebration in the UK
featuring a mixture of testimonies, readings, hymns & musical performances

The Queen, Sponsor, will visit HMS Ocean in Plymouth, Devon on 20 March.

Her Majesty first visited HMS Ocean in 1998 to officially name the ship and again in 2003 to present a new colour to the Royal Navy.

It is 22:30 on 5th February 1952. About the time George VI retired to bed . He died in the night. Elizabeth becomes Queen.

(if this should be on another thread, can Mods move)

It is 22:30 on 5th February 1952. About the time George VI retired to bed . He died in the night. Elizabeth becomes Queen.

I find it touching that the Queen stays at Sandringham until the anniversary of her father's death passes. To me, it means she still holds him very near and dear to her heart and her memories with her family stay strong. If anything, I regret that she was in Africa at the time of his passing and wasn't with him when he died. Sometimes those "last words" mean so very much.

I find it touching that the Queen stays at Sandringham until the anniversary of her father's death passes. To me, it means she still holds him very near and dear to her heart and her memories with her family stay strong. If anything, I regret that she was in Africa at the time of his passing and wasn't with him when he died. Sometimes those "last words" mean so very much.

He died in his sleep so no last words.

Thought I would add another comment on because when the previous comment showed up on the app I nearly freaked out!!

He died in his sleep so no last words.

I know and to me, its kind of sad that none of the family were with him when he passed on. Perhaps some take comfort in the fact that he quietly slipped away but on the other hand, many feel that being there and being able to express love and solidarity as a family bring comfort. But enough of the morbidity.

It puts into perspective too for all of us that when the time comes and Charles ascends the throne, he will also be dealing with the grief of losing his mother.

It's so sad. The Queen probably remembers the last words she exchanged with her father, before she went to Kenya, as if it was yesterday.

I also think about the Duke of Edinburgh, having to break the terrible news to the new Queen.

She has not always stayed at Sandringham until after the anniversary of her father's death.

It's been 63 years since she became Queen. I greatly admire her dedication and hard work she made as Queen. I can't wait until she becomes Britain's longest reigning monarch. :britflag:

This was originally Posted by scooter in 2009/2013, and I couldn't agree more.

The Queen has been a sterling example to her people; of morality, service, duty before personal happiness, dedication and faultlessly upright behavior, as a Monarch should be. The longer she reigns the better, in my opinion. Long live Queen Elizabeth!

And long may she continue to reign. The United Kingdom and the Commonwealth will not see any like her again. Nor for that matter, any other monarchy.

63 years ago today: George VI dies and Elizabeth becomes Queen

Queen marks 63 years on the throne | Daily Mail Online

The Queen will mark the 63rd anniversary of her accession by praying for her father | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Queen went to a community centre in Dersingham, Norfolk, yesterday on what Buckingham Palace described as a “semi-official” visit to meet members of a hobby club for physically disabled people.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5h 5 hours ago
The Queen marked the 63rd anniversary of her accession to the throne with prayers for her father George VI at Sandringham today.

the_british_monarchy
2 hours ago
The Royal Standard flies above #BuckinghamPalace as The Queen returns on a radiant winter's day in #London
Instagram

Pakistan-born British poet, artist and documentary filmmaker Imtiaz Dharker was presented with The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace today, February 12:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Video:
The Queen has hosted a reception at St James’s Palace in central London this evening, to mark the eightieth anniversary of Diabetes UK. The British charity, which has a team of around 7,000 volunteers and healthcare professionals, raises awareness and funds to support research into the disease. Amongst those attending tonight, was the Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, whose daughter suffers from the condition-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=QUEEN HOSTS RECEPTION TO SUPPORT BRITISH DIABETES CHARITY

Video:
The Queen has welcomed the President of Malta Marie Louise Coloeiro Preca to Buckingham Palace today-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=QUEEN WELCOMES MALTESE PRESIDENT TO BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen has officially reopened Canada House in central London this morning, following its recent restoration and refurbishment. The building, which houses the Canadian High Commission in the UK, was first opened by King George V in 1925, and means the country’s diplomatic team is now based in a single building, following the closure and sale of Macdonald House in 2013-

Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom