The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 14th March:
Her Excellency Ms. Nomatemba Tambo was received in audience by The Queen today and presented the Letters of Recall of her predecessor and her own Letters of Commission as High Commissioner for the Republic of South Africa in London.
Sir Simon McDonald (Permanent Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) was present.

Admiral Sir Philip Jones (First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff) was received by Her Majesty this afternoon.

The Queen held a Council at 5.30 p.m..
There were present: the Rt. Hon. Andrew Leadsom MP (Lord President), the Rt. Hon. Alistair Burt MP (Minister of State for International Development), the Rt. Hon. Gregory Clark MP (Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) and the Rt. Hon. David Lidington (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster).

The Rt. Hon. Mark Lancaster MP, the Right Reverend Dame Sarah Mullally, the Rt. Hon. Sir Guy Newey, the Rt. Hon. Caroline Nokes MP, the Rt. Hon. Claire Perry MP and the Rt. Hon. Sir Rabinder Singh were sworn in as members of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council.

At the Council, The Queen pricked the List of High Sheriffs for the Counties of England (other than Cornwall and those in the Duchy of Lancaster) and Wales.

After the Council, the Rt. Hon. David Lidington had an audience of Her Majesty when The Queen pricked the List of High Sheriffs for the Counties of the Duchy of Lancaster.
Mr. Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

The Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP had an audience of Her Majesty before the Council.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen this evening.

Court Circular 15th March:
The Hon Antoinette Perry was received in audience by The Queen today upon her appointment as Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island.

Mr Daniel Chugg was received in audience by The Queen and kissed hands upon his appointment as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Burma.
Mrs Chugg was also received by Her Majesty.

Ms NneNne Iwuji-Eme was received in audience by The Queen upon her appointment as British High Commissioner to the Republic of Mozambique.

Mr John Freeman was received in audience by The Queen and kissed hands upon his appointment as Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Mrs Freeman was also received by Her Majesty.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth as Patron of the Academy visited the Royal Academy of Arts at Burlington House in London today, March 20:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Old 03-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 21st March:
The following were received in audience by The Queen and kissed hands upon their appointment as Her Majesty’s Ambassadors:

Miss Katherine Smith (the Hellenic Republic) and Mrs. Louise de Sousa (the Tunisian Republic).
Mr. Allan de Sousa was also received by Her Majesty.

The following were received in audience by The Queen upon their appointment as British High Commissioners:

Mr. Nigel Casey (the Republic of South Africa) and Mrs. Janet Douglas (Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean).
Mrs. Casey and Mr. George Furlong were also received by Her Majesty.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen this evening.

Court Circular 22nd March:
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of York, Colonel, Grenadier Guards, was received this morning in the Grand Reception Room at Windsor Castle by the Regimental Lieutenant Colonel, Grenadier Guards (Major General Roland Walker), Major Grant Baker (Regimental Adjutant) and the President, Grenadier Guards Association (Colonel Richard Aubrey-Fletcher) to mark the appointment of The Duke of York as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

Her Majesty and His Royal Highness were received in St George’s Hall with a Royal Salute and The Duke of York inspected the Parade.

The Queen and The Duke of York afterwards attended a Reception in the Grand Reception Room.

The Queen received the Bishop of London (the Right Reverend Sarah Mullally) this afternoon who did homage upon her appointment.

The Bishop of Carlisle (Clerk of the Closet) was in attendance and administered the Oath.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip is “Under the Weather” and had to pull out of his engagement at Windsor Castle today-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...49741476073475

I did find it odd it wasn’t at the ceremony today. I hope he feels better.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear I think I will holding my breath till the wedding is over. Just got a horrible feeling.

Will we get any more news on his health in the next day I wonder
Old 03-23-2018, 02:49 AM
Majesty

This winter has probably been shocking for the elderly in so many places. If he's got a touch of bronchitis or something like that Prince Philip will be better off indoors.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Will we get any more news on his health in the next day I wonder
They’ll announce if he has to go to the hospital, but I don’t think they’ll say anything otherwise.

I expect to see him on Thursday for the church service at Windsor, so we’ll see if he is there.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth attended the decommissioning ceremony of HMS OCEAN at HM Naval Base Devonport in Plymouth today, March 27:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 03-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen Attends HMS Ocean Decommissioning Ceremony:
Queen dons pink to attend HMS Ocean decommissioning ceremony | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Old 03-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth receives at a audience at Windsor Castle the President of Estonia Kersti Kalijulaid and the Governor-General of Barbados Dame Sandra Mason today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...tle,_berkshire

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...or-Castle.html
Old 03-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks eya!

Two videos of it from ITN:

The Queen received the President of Estonia, Kersti Kaljulaid, during a private audience at Windsor Castle - ITN

The Queen received the Governor-General of Barbados, Dame Sandra Mason, during a private audience at Windsor Castle - ITN

--------------------

Two ITN videos from the Queen's attendance at the decommissioning ceremony of HMS OCEAN at HM Naval Base Devonport in Plymouth yesterday, March 27:

The Queen takes the train to Devon - ITN

The Queen farewell's UK's largest warship - ITN

Twitter video from the Royal Navy with added music:

Her Majesty The Queen today bid a fond farewell to HMS Ocean as the Royal Navy's 'Mighty O' was decommissioned

--------------------

Video-gallery from the Queen's visit to the Royal Academy of Arts at Burlington House in London on March 20:

The Queen visits the Royal Academy of Arts - 11 videos from Getty Images
Old 04-09-2018, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very extensive and great coverage (no commentators! ;-) )of that Plymouth visit!

Old 04-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 9th April:
The Queen gave a Dinner Party at Windsor Castle this evening at which The Duke of York was present.

The following were invited: Her Excellency the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway (Mrs. Mona Juul) and Mr. Terje Rřd-Larsen, Her Excellency the High Commissioner for the Republic of Singapore (Ms. Foo Chi Hsia), the Most Reverend Peter Smith, Sir James and Lady Dyson, Mr. John Morton Morris and Miss Sally Clarke, Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart and Lady Peach, Professor Mona Siddiqui and Mr. Farhaj Siddiqui, Mrs. Delia Smith and Mr. Michael Wynn-Jones and Sir Hugh and Lady Stevenson.

Court Circular 10th April:
The Queen held an Investiture at Windsor Castle today.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth received the Commonwealth Secretary-General Baroness Patricia Scotland at Windsor Castle today, April 11:

** rex gallery **
Old 04-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

I like that HM still has some dogs with her running around the palace and nipping at the heels of anyone they might want to take a bit out of ......
Old 04-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Majesty

They bark at strangers as well, apparently! I can remember Cherie Blair not being a fan. The Queen had more dogs in those days. Apparently Mrs Blair didn't get bitten (I was going to write something there but won't) but described them in memoirs as 'a moving carpet'.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
They bark at strangers as well, apparently! I can remember Cherie Blair not being a fan. The Queen had more dogs in those days. Apparently Mrs Blair didn't get bitten (I was going to write something there but won't) but described them in memoirs as 'a moving carpet'.
Well that "moving carpet: can create absolute havoc within Palace walls as they can engage in mean fights together.So much so that HM makes run for safety to the next room,mean little critters...And I love dogs,pets in general but these lovely fourfooted bitches...be carefull..
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The antics of the Queen's dogs are quite known and they're not the friendliest furbabies to meet. That's why Harry remarked that they've been barking and nipping at him for over 30 years and Meghan walks in and the dogs loved her.

It just isn't home for the Queen unless her dogs are there.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth visited the King George VI Day Centre in Windsor today, April 12:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: She's not a shrinking violet! Queen, 91, dons a vibrant purple ensemble..**

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh