The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Courtier

I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.
During the week, The Queen is usually at Buckingham Palace. She go to Windsor Castle on the weekends. She’s spending a little more time at Windsor and work from there, if she don’t have to be at the Headquarters for official reasons.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
She was certainly in residence at BP earlier this week.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just realized - I don't know this...

I know where the Royal Apartments are and Where St. George's is. But where does the Queen get in the car for the drive?

https://goo.gl/images/YE42S3.
The church she attends most regularly is I think the one close to Royal Lodge rather than St George's. St George's is much larger whereas the Royal Chapel of All Saints is smaller and more private.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
HM always seems to pick that rather old Jaguar when she wants to drive herself, rather than the many newer cars she has at her disposal. She much like it personally.
Yes, I've been seeing pics of her driving that Jaguar for years on end now. She's nearly 92 so I'm sure modern cars might be confusing for her now with so many automatic features.

She probably likes to keep it simple.

I always find it funny watching her driving and wearing a hat. It looks like she could be returning home from the supermarket.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She had audiences at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday and Wednesday. Usually she travels to Windsor on Thursday or Friday, so I assume she’s there now.
For some reason BP hasn’t published any photos from the Queen’s last 3 audiences, which they usually always do. No idea what is going on with them.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Today, March 6, Queen Elizabeth visited the International Maritime Organization in London to mark the 70th year of its formation and adoption of the International Maritime Organisation Convention. The Queen had opened its headquarters in 1983.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 03-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Today, March 6, Queen Elizabeth visited the International Maritime Organization in London to mark the 70th year of its formation and adoption of the International Maritime Organisation Convention. The Queen had opened its headquarters in 1983.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Is it really new pictures? Do you have her brooch's close-up?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Administrator

The photos are from today, I'm sure Here are some more, including some with better views on the brooch!

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Setting sail for a celebration! Queen is elegant in purple as she visits the international Maritime Organisation..**
Old 03-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Courtier

She looks so good. I love the hat!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud [of Saudi Arabia] is arriving in the UK shortly to be received in audience by Her Majesty The Queen, tomorrow morning. HMQ will be giving a Luncheon for him afterwards at Buckingham Palace.

Prince Charles and Prince William will host a dinner for him tomorrow evening, at Clarence House.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Here are some photos of the meeting today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** ppe gallery ** dailymail: Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince meets the Queen for lunch.. **
Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 6th March:
The Duke of Edinburgh, Colonel-in-Chief, The Rifles, this afternoon received General Sir Nicholas Carter (Colonel Commandant).

Court Circular 7th March:
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen this evening.

The Duke of Edinburgh, Admiral and Member, Royal Yacht Squadron, this morning received Mr James Sheldon (Commodore).
Old 03-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 8th March:
The Queen gave a Dinner Party for The Aga Khan at Windsor Castle this evening to mark His Highness’s Diamond Jubilee at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, and Members of The Aga Khan’s Family were present.

The Duke of Edinburgh this morning received Mr Martin Palmer (Secretary General, Alliance of Religions and Conservation).
Old 03-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth received the High Commissioner for the Republic of South Africa at Buckingham Palace today, March 14:

** Pic ** pa gallery **
Old 03-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Today, March 15, Queen Elizabeth received the new Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island for an audience at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 03-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Today, March 15, Queen Elizabeth received the new Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island for an audience at Buckingham Palace: ** Pic **
There is a picture on the small table in the background showing a couple who are both in uniform: anyone know who the couple are?
Old 03-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence.
Thank you, ROYAL NORWAY! Never would have guessed. Nice gesture on the part of the Queen.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

You're very welcome!

--------------------

Here are two Getty Images videos from the Queen's visit to the International Maritime Organization in London on March 6:

The Queen visits the International Maritime Organization - video 1

The Queen visits the International Maritime Organization - video 2

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh