Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering when and if we see HM and the Prince visit other area churches this year. I thought that in other years, we had already seen her out and about visiting other parishes. I was wrong.
There are at least three other churches she has visited in recent years. One in Flitcham, one in Hillington and one one West Newton. One year, she was scheduled to visit Hillington and had to cancel because the plaster was falling in and was thought to be a hazard!
FYI to newer members of TRF, we did not always get pictures of every Norfolk Church Visit. I remember 2014ish being the time when coverage started to become more regular, but I could be wrong. Certainly, in Jan 2015 The Boss at On Her Majesty's Jewel Vault started covering the church services; that's an indicator for when the press began to bother to cover weekend church. I have a fond memory of some weekend in January with crummy weather when I bothered to map those other churches. :lol:
Anyway - here are links to what I could find for after-Christmas church outings. St. Mary M or Mag is my abbreviation and I intend no offense. I simply get tired of typing! Also - if links are not showing, try to hover over them and they should work - they did for me in PREVIEW.

1/4/15 sandrinham St Mary Mag http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-26-december-2014-a-37742-55.html#post1737477

1/25/15 St Mary Mag http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-26-december-2014-a-37742-54.html#post1743922

1/19/15 St Mary the Virgin Hillington schedule, plaster problems so went to St Mary Mag instead http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-26-december-2014-a-37742-54.html#post1742068

1/11/2015 St Mary Mag http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-26-december-2014-a-37742-54.html#post1739979

2/2/15 St Mary M http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-26-december-2014-a-37742-51.html#post1746020

1/31/16 St Mary M From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

1/24/16 St Mary M From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

1/17/16 St Mary the Virgin Hillington From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham They must have fixed the plaster!

1/10/16 St Mary Mag? From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham and Gallipoli Service

1/3/16 St May Mag From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

2/7/16 St Peter and St Paul West Newton From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church in Norfolk

1/8/17 St Mary M From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

1/15/17 St Mary the Virgin Flitcham From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church in Norfolk

1/22/17 St Mary M From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

1/29/17 St Mary M From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Church at Sandringham

Earl and Countess of Snowdon were their guests today.

As they were last year around this time, shortly after the death of the previous Earl. What a lovely tradition this might become! :flowers:

Queen looks absolutely brilliant and healthy for her age and always love her smile. Philip a sweetie, as far as I am concern. Great for his age and adore his dry and sarcastic sense of humor. He is still quick with the answers. Many their age are in homes not knowing what is going on around them. Pray they remain healthy for many more years.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh looked absolutely great today. Her last church outing near Sandringham before she arrive back to Buckingham Palace and Windsor.

It's nice to see her get a bunch of flowers. She was in good form.

The DM Headline about them strolling to church was rubbish. They walked 20 yards or less from the car to the church. That's about what she walks when she attends St. Mary Magdalen at Sandringham. :bang:

HM and Prince Philip both look great! I often say this but Philip has incredible stamina and he still seems to be very tall.

Queen Elizabeth received Ellison Greenslade, High Commissioner for the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, and his wife for a private audience at Buckingham Palace today, February 8:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

:previous:

Queen Elizabeth received the High Commissioner for the Republic of the Gambia and the Ambassador from the Republic of Guinea for audiences today, February 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
HM is making an unannounced visit to London Fashion Week this afternoon:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
An unannounced engagement for the Queen today: at the age of 91 she is going to be in the FROW at none other than London Fashion Week! #LondonFashionWeek ???? #HMQ She never ceases to surprise us!

See the twitter accounts of Rebecca English and Richard Palmer for more information:
Rebecca English - twitter

Richard Palmer - twitter

She looks great BTW: Photo

Last edited:
I love it! This is the 1st award that is in her name so she is there to give it away. Apparently in the coming years it will be given every year by a member of the royal family so I assume Sophie, Kate and Meghan will rotate it.

Nice to see Her Majesty there.

People may have forgotten this; The Queen and Princess Margaret used to attend a lot of fashion shows back in the day. They also used fashion to help carve out their roles.

The DROSS that poor Woman has to sit through... in the videos online HMQ looks rightly unimpressed...

The DROSS that poor Woman has to sit through... in the videos online HMQ looks rightly unimpressed...

That’s her natural face. She always said that she don’t have her mother’s natural smiley face.

^ She isn't applauding like the rest of the Fashionistas... ^

Amazing to see the Queen frontrow. I bet that was quite a shock for the rest of the people attending lol.

Nice to see Her Majesty there.

People may have forgotten this; The Queen and Princess Margaret used to attend a lot of fashion shows back in the day. They also used fashion to help carve out their roles.

Remember it well. Don't you remember when Princess Margaret called one of the models on the runway to stop and come over to her so that she could feel the material? Shocked some, but that was Margaret. You either loved her or not but she didn't care. She would sit and tap her shoulder if she like something and her friends would circle the outfit number on a sheet for that article to be put aside for her inspection later. Don't remember the Queen at as many though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom