The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #561  
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 192
Something makes me think that this is where The Queen is at her happiest and most contented as she reaches her twilight years - in the bosom of her own people, in one of her own great cities, basking in the warmth that they transmit. Although I love the pomp and circumstance of the great British ceremonial occasions, I must admit that she seems less relaxed there. Let's hope and pray that we continue to see more of this (and that wonderful smile!) over the coming years.
__________________

  #562  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:03 AM
RoyalProtocol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
From today's Court Circular -

The following were received by The Queen this afternoon: His Excellency Mr Philippe Kridelka (Secretary General of the Household of The King of the Belgians) and Ms Pascale Fabre; His Excellency Mr Michael Ehrenreich (Lord Chamberlain to The Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik) and Mrs Lemmi Tui; His Excellency Mr Jan Versteeg (Grand Master of the House of The King of the Netherlands) and Mrs Bärbel Geijsen; and His Excellency Professor Svante Lindqvist (Marshal of the Realm of The King of Sweden) and Mrs Lindqvist.

I wonder what the occasion was to have "The Lord Chamberlains" from around Europe, I can't imagine it was Brexit related.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
__________________

__________________
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
59 Years of Dedicated and Devoted Service

God Save The Queen!



  #563  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:45 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 24,675
Yesterday H.M.The Queen held several audiences at Buckingham Palace.

Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
__________________

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  #564  
Old 06-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The first time that the Queen will be seen in public, after the EU referendum, will be on Monday in Northern Ireland.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Queen will address the Scottish Parliament next Saturday.
  #565  
Old 06-24-2016, 05:14 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
From today's Court Circular -

The following were received by The Queen this afternoon: His Excellency Mr Philippe Kridelka (Secretary General of the Household of The King of the Belgians) and Ms Pascale Fabre; His Excellency Mr Michael Ehrenreich (Lord Chamberlain to The Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik) and Mrs Lemmi Tui; His Excellency Mr Jan Versteeg (Grand Master of the House of The King of the Netherlands) and Mrs Bärbel Geijsen; and His Excellency Professor Svante Lindqvist (Marshal of the Realm of The King of Sweden) and Mrs Lindqvist.

I wonder what the occasion was to have "The Lord Chamberlains" from around Europe, I can't imagine it was Brexit related.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Is there no one here who is interested in this either - What happened to this forum? This is not a criticism of mods, which does a great job. We have sadly lost many members who are interested in history and things like this, and the few of those members who still is her are not very vocal anymore.

It seems a bit strange that the Queen has received these people in audiences. Could it have something to do with (several possible) state visits? But that seems odd too, and that is no reason to meet HM.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #566  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:15 PM
padams2359's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 660
Though I have been a member for quite a while, I rarely post. I have seen many new member post questions, or answers, and they are met by extreme condescension. Not by the mods, but other members that feel that they somehow know exactly what members of the royal family think on most, if not all issues. Such as the slimming of the monarchy. JMO.
  #567  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
From today's Court Circular -

The following were received by The Queen this afternoon: His Excellency Mr Philippe Kridelka (Secretary General of the Household of The King of the Belgians) and Ms Pascale Fabre; His Excellency Mr Michael Ehrenreich (Lord Chamberlain to The Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik) and Mrs Lemmi Tui; His Excellency Mr Jan Versteeg (Grand Master of the House of The King of the Netherlands) and Mrs Bärbel Geijsen; and His Excellency Professor Svante Lindqvist (Marshal of the Realm of The King of Sweden) and Mrs Lindqvist.

I wonder what the occasion was to have "The Lord Chamberlains" from around Europe, I can't imagine it was Brexit related.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
I'm just wondering whether it was an occasion connected with the Queen's 90th birthday and its celebration. These Lord Chamberlains are all representatives of monarchies (obviously) and might have offered their formal congratulations on the Queen reaching such a milestone on behalf of the monarchies of Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, etc.

It's JMO, but I doubt whether their being received is politically based, as they all appear to be court officials. (I'm sure all the Monarchs concerned sent personal messages of congratulations as well.) Maybe they had a little tea party together afterwards!
  #568  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'm just wondering whether it was an occasion connected with the Queen's 90th birthday and its celebration. These Lord Chamberlains are all representatives of monarchies (obviously) and might have offered their formal congratulations on the Queen reaching such a milestone behalf of the monarchies of Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, etc.

It's JMO, but I doubt whether their being received is politically based, as they all appear to be court officials. (I'm sure all the Monarchs concerned sent personal messages of congratulations as well.) Maybe they had a little tea party together afterwards!
Yes, but it seems odd that they should offer their formal congratulations to her on behalf of the monarchs if the monarchs already sent personal messages to her (which according to Norwegian and Danish media, both King Harald and Queen Margrethe did.)
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #569  
Old 06-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,303
I have great admiration for the Queen. I'm not sure why I'm not more active in the forums about her. When she passes away, I expect I'll feel as sadly as I would if a friend died. In a way, I think of her as a friend in that I think that she cares a great deal about the UK and the Commonwealth. She can't possibly know every one of us, but I do believe that she cares. She keeps showing up day after day after day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Many of the Queen's biggest fans on this forum aren't members here anymore, and some of them doesn't post anymore.
  #570  
Old 06-25-2016, 01:24 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes, but it seems odd that they should offer their formal congratulations to her on behalf of the monarchs if the monarchs already sent personal messages to her (which according to Norwegian and Danish media, both King Harald and Queen Margrethe did.)
With the various royal families and at Head of State level, however, there is a difference between personal and formal activities so the sending of personal greetings from Margrethe to her beloved cousin Elizabeth would be seen as a different thing to the sending of formal congratulations between the Head of State of Denmark and the Head of State of the UK of GB and NI.

The first would be done via a card, letter, email, personal twitter, phone call etc while the second would be done via the diplomatic personnel.

Whether these meetings had anything to do with HM's birthday I have no idea as the CC only says what it says and not what was actually said during the meetings.
  #571  
Old 06-25-2016, 02:07 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
With the various royal families and at Head of State level, however, there is a difference between personal and formal activities so the sending of personal greetings from Margrethe to her beloved cousin Elizabeth would be seen as a different thing to the sending of formal congratulations between the Head of State of Denmark and the Head of State of the UK of GB and NI.

The first would be done via a card, letter, email, personal twitter, phone call etc while the second would be done via the diplomatic personnel.

Whether these meetings had anything to do with HM's birthday I have no idea as the CC only says what it says and not what was actually said during the meetings.
Yes I know, but I still find it odd that she receives all of them in person at the same day, or maybe even at the same time to receive formal birthday greetings. The ambassadors could have done it.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #572  
Old 06-25-2016, 03:38 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,098
It's certainly an interesting development and I, like many others, will wait to see what unfolds in the near future. Speculation seems pointless because this is such an 'out of left field' development with absolutely no clues as to its meaning or reason.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #573  
Old 06-25-2016, 04:00 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,185
For all we know, there could be a plot hatching to invoke a MU which would be a union of all royal heads of state and connive to have a single, vast international sharing vault of royal jewels and to cement the relationship, invoke the right of the monarchs to put forth that from this time forward, all royal dogs will stem from the dorgi.

Then again, the ambassadors may have all been in town at the same time because there was a sale on black patent dress shoes somewhere and decided to drop by the Queen's place for tea.

We just don't know.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #574  
Old 06-25-2016, 05:43 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
In addition to my post (563) about HM's visit to Liverpool above, here is a video of her waving to the huge crowds:
Exterior shots of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #575  
Old 06-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,812
a possible explanation The British Royals Message Board: Re: The Queen's visitors
  #576  
Old 06-25-2016, 06:22 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
In addition to my post (563) about HM's visit to Liverpool above, here is a video of her waving to the huge crowds:
Exterior shots of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
No matter what is happening in the world or regardless of the weather, when it comes to our beloved Queen (yes, I know I'm American but this wonderful woman is very much respected and loved around the globe), people turn out in droves just to see her and catch a glimpse of her wonderful smile. She means something to those around her and no matter what, she's a icon of stability, unity and a reassurance that there are things that are constant in an ever changing world.

I loved how HM made a point of going off center of the balcony and waving to people that perhaps weren't front and center to where she was. Its the little thoughts of consideration that HM puts into things that should be a role model for the rest of us.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #577  
Old 06-25-2016, 08:03 AM
RoyalProtocol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

I think this makes most sense! A bit similar to the Lord-Lieutenants meeting annually.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
__________________
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
59 Years of Dedicated and Devoted Service

God Save The Queen!



  #578  
Old 06-25-2016, 04:58 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
No matter what is happening in the world or regardless of the weather, when it comes to our beloved Queen (yes, I know I'm American but this wonderful woman is very much respected and loved around the globe), people turn out in droves just to see her and catch a glimpse of her wonderful smile. She means something to those around her and no matter what, she's a icon of stability, unity and a reassurance that there are things that are constant in an ever changing world.

I loved how HM made a point of going off center of the balcony and waving to people that perhaps weren't front and center to where she was. Its the little thoughts of consideration that HM puts into things that should be a role model for the rest of us.
Yes, and the fun thing is that although she hasn't gone on a walkabout since 2012 (with the exception of her 90th birthday in Windsor) and almost never uses the Queenmobile anymore, and her (now very rare) upcoming visits is barely mentioned because of security, people (young and old) still meets up with their phones and flovers to greet her.

And let's hope her wonderful smile will continue to be smiling over us for many years to come, because when she dies, I think (as a royal expert said in 2015) that the vast majority of this country will be absolutely bereft.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #579  
Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
Quote:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Giant's Causeway on Tuesday and stop at Bushmills for the unveiling of a statue to Robert Quigg, who won a Victoria Cross in the First World War.

They will have lunch at Royal Portrush Golf Club and travel by steam train to officially open Bellarena Railway Station.

The royal party flies in today and will travel to Hillsborough Castle to meet Secretary of State Theresa Villiers, First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness.
Read more: Queen and Duke fly in for Antrim coast visit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
  #580  
Old 06-27-2016, 12:48 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,969
i hear that the queen is (rightly so) furious about brexit. is this true? have their been any reports as to the queen's opinion on the matter?
__________________

__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
http://www.humanesociety.org
Closed Thread

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014 Zonk Current Events Archive 1090 12-11-2014 01:13 AM




Popular Tags
administrator alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian royal family castles chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history french revolution genealogy general news germany head of the house henry v house of bernadotte house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuanian castles marriage mbs meghan markle monaco christening monarchist monarchy monogram naples nelson mandela bay norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince charles prince harry princely family of monaco prince of wales princess benedikte queen mathilde queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rumania shakespeare south korea spanish royal state visit sweden swedish history swedish royal family united kingdom usa windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×