Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States

Welcome to part 26 of the current events of

The Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

commencing April 1, 2013

Part 24 covering the period June 3, 2012 to March 31, 2013 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...e-2012-march-2013-a-33171-43.html#post1534543.

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the Britwell Community Centre and has visited Mars Chocolate UK in Slough today, April 5, 2013.

** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Mars Chocolate **

** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Queen gets sweet lesson on visit **

** hellomagazine: A sweet day out for the Queen and Prince Philip at the Mars chocolate factory **

Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :D

If I ever got into one of those factories, they'd have to call security to get me out. Mmmm.. Chocolate!

Last edited:

You and me both! Prince Philip is a riot, as always.

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :D

It'd love to see the carriage and the painting too. Though I'd probably eat them all :D.

Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide':
John Warren, a leading figure in the horse racing world who oversees all of the Queen’s racing and horse breeding interests, will be questioned by officers following the death of a stud farm assistant manager-
Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide' - Telegraph

Didn't know where to put this.

And just think....Those were the ones that weren't deemed good enough to be sold and were going to be melted down again to try again. Sigh....If only!!

Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Chocolate Factory - Pictures - Zimbio

Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.

You and me both! It reminds me of the ball pits, and sensory tubs I played with / in as a toddler in Occupational Therapy!I wonder how many candies were in there?

If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.

If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

I can only imagine, because I'd be begging the OT to take me to the session, so that I could 'encourage' the student to participate...errr...have some of that chocolate in the tub :D :lol:.

Last edited:
This is a massive honour

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter14m
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the Funeral Service of Baroness Thatcher at St Paul’s Cathedral on April 17.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h
Daniel Craig aka James Bond has had another close encounter with the Queen, this time with his wife for a 'dine and sleep' at Windsor Castle

That must have been a great honor for them.

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, April 10. Singer Kate Bush was among the recipients.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

OMG What is Kate Bush wearing? Someone tell she is at Windsor Castle not at the supermarket, please.
The Queen's dress is fabulous!

Kate Bush stays out of the limelight these days, I'm surprised she went to the investiture at all.

I agree that the Queen's dress is a real cracker.

Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.

Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.

Kate Bush is/was a singer. Look up her song 'Wuthering Heights' or 'Climbing up that hill'. They are great songs, though you will either love or hate the first one.
I agree with you about her clothing.

What I find interesting is the holding of investitures at Windsor.

I think using Windsor for events will become more frequent, and it cuts down the travelling time for HMQ. She loves Windsor, and I've gained the impression that its more comfortable than BP.

Anyway, if she intends to spend some money fixing BP (so its more habitable for future Monarchs and their children) she will probably work out of Windsor in order to avoid the builders!

What I find interesting is the holding of investitures at Windsor.

I think using Windsor for events will become more frequent, and it cuts down the travelling time for HMQ. She loves Windsor, and I've gained the impression that its more comfortable than BP.

Anyway, if she intends to spend some money fixing BP (so its more habitable for future Monarchs and their children) she will probably work out of Windsor in order to avoid the builders!

Being at Windsor Castle was the first thing I noticed too and actually had to check and remind myself of what day of the week it was. as usually mid week had the Queen at BP.

I think too that other than Balmoral in Scotland, Windsor is where she is most comfortable.

I thought the same about Windsor but then I remembered that it's not all nag long after Easter (schools are still on easter holidays)which HM traditionally spends at Windsor celebrating Easter then hosting some dine and sleep nights which we know she has been doing (inviting Daniel Craig). But I do think she will spend more and more time at windsor as the years go on.

The Queen have been holding Investiture Ceremonies at Windsor for some time now.

Last edited:
Interesting story about the maid of honours but that is a repeat from last year.

And 10/11 years ago when they ran the same story in both the Golden Jubilee year itself and the Jubilee of the Coronation.

It repeats all the time..
And this one thing I have to agree with DM posters..
The column "What has she done so far"..was very unimpressive. They should have worded it some other way. They made it sound (indeed truly) as if there was nothing they have accomplished in life other than marry (and then some divorce) and have kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom