Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Her Majesty looks quite lovely today. Her smile lights up the room.

Ah thank you very much... I think I will never understand styles, ranks etc:ermm:

Stick around kiddo and I can, with 99.99% accuracy, predict that you will come to a pretty good understanding of how it works for the British royals and aristocracy. There will always be more to learn but this is the best place for that kind of education. :D

The ITN link was referring to both the Queen and Philip. The Queen is Her Majesty but Philip isn't. He is His Royal Highness. When there is both a King and Queen again, the 2 of them would be Their Majesties.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II (R) meets with the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani (L) and his brother Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani (C) at Buckingham Palace in London, on October 29, 2014.

ImageBam ** ImageBam ** ImageBam

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Elizabeth received Deo Sindayihebura, the Ambassador of Burundi, and Peter Ammon, the Ambassador of Germany, during private audiences at Buckingham Palace today, November 5:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Queen Elizabeth received Deo Sindayihebura, the Ambassador of Burundi, and Peter Ammon, the Ambassador of Germany, during private audiences at Buckingham Palace today, November 5:
Thanks, Iceflower. Some days she is just so cute - today is one. And while this is not the fashion thread, she looks great and majestic in this tweedy ecru/gold

:previous:

Always a pleasure :flowers:

Today, November 12, the Ambassador of Benin Jules-Armand Aniambossou and the High Commissioner of Brunei Darussalam Dato Paduka Seri Haji Aminuddin Ihsan were received by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace:

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h 1 hour ago
The President of Mexico accepted Her Majesty's invitation for a State Visit to the UK. The visit is scheduled for 3-5 March 2015.

Today, November 18, Queen Elizabeth received the ambassador of Azerbaijan Tahir Tofig Oglu Taghizadeh and the ambassador from the Republic of Chile Rolando Drago Rodriguez during audiences at Buckingham Palace.

Later today Queen Elizabeth, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, launched the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House.

** telegraph.co.uk: Queen fears 'malaria comeback' **

** chathamhouse.org: HM The Queen Launches Academy for Leadership **

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 2h 2 hours ago
#TheQueen expressed her fears that the crisis over Ebola is distracting attention from the deadlier menace of malaria.

#TheQueen voiced her concerns about malaria in a conversation at Chatham House, London with one of the world's top epidemiologists.

#TheQueen is reportedly afraid that malaria will have a comeback because people are not paying enough attention to it. #ChathamHouse

Video:
The Queen has expressed concern that malaria is not getting enough attention due to the Ebola outbreak, a medical professor has said. Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen was visiting foreign affairs think tank Chatham House in central London last night to launch a new leadership academy. During her visit, the Queen removed a brick from the wall between Chatham House - the Royal Institute of International Affairs - and neighbouring Ames House to symbolise the expansion next door. .

Home - ITNSource News

Videos:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh carry out engagements in Scotland today. They will arrive at Elgin Railway Station by Royal Train and then travel to RAF Lossiemouth where there will be a Royal Salute and Parade before Her Majesty unveils a plaque at the new purpose built Quick Reaction Alert Facility. The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will also meet members of Airplay, a support programme for young people whose family are in the Royal Air Force, funded by the RAF Benevolent Fund-

Home - ITNSource News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3FLzB3BpcM

The Queen and Prince Philip looked great today on their anniversary. Extra smiles and an extra "pep" in their step. Congratulations to them on 67 years together, what a wonderful testiment to loyalty and duty, not only to their country, but to each another.

The picture of the little boy looking up at Her Majesty is so sweet and precious. Both appear to be quite happy. What a great memory.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really have to admire this couple. One can tell by the looks that pass between them two that there's something very extraordinary there between them. 67 years isn't a commitment, its a lifetime. No need to mark the day with bells and whistles or red roses that say "happy anniversary" (of course they may have had something kept private) but its business as usual. Of course this included a trip to Scotland on the Royal Train and I can imagine that over a span of 67 years, there are quite few memories involving that train. Through thick and thin, the good times and the "I don't like you much right now" days, through milestones and foibles they've been a united front that faces the world together.

I have a term for couples like this. They're one good egg. As different as the white is from the yolk but together, they're one amazing egg. :D

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 17m 17 minutes ago
The Queen received a Fédération Equestre Internationale award for her dedication to equestrianism today from Princess Haya Bin Al Hussein.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 18m 18 minutes ago
The Queen's lifetime achievement award from the FEI is the first of it's kind.

The circlet of horseshoes logo is at upper left on FEI awards is the style of pendant. I can't wait to see it worn!
How cool is this for Her Majesty? :flowers:

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 17m 17 minutes ago
The Queen received a Fédération Equestre Internationale award for her dedication to equestrianism today from Princess Haya Bin Al Hussein.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 18m 18 minutes ago
The Queen's lifetime achievement award from the FEI is the first of it's kind.

Queen receives equestrian sport award
Picture and article

horsetalk.co.nz article and pictures

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom