Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attended the Ceremony of the Keys at the Palace of Holyroodhouse on Monday. The Guard of Honour was the Balaklava Company, 5th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen met Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond and Presiding officer of the Scottish Parliament Tricia Marwick today in Edinburgh-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visited the Emirates Arena and Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome today, where they viewed the badminton court being built and saw cyclists using the Velodrome. .
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The largest warship ever built in the UK has been officially named at a ceremony attended by the Queen, Prime Minister David Cameron and First Minister Alex Salmond. The 65,000-tonne Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth was formally christened during an event at the Rosyth Dockyard in Fife, where the ship was assembled and fitted out. .
Home - ITNSource News

I thought this article was interesting:

The Queen was clearly delighted to be given her VIP pass to the Commonwealth Games today - even though it wrongly referred to her as HRH.
Her Majesty, or HM for short, was given her official accreditation for the Games - complete with "mugshot" identity picture - on a visit to some of the venues in the host city of Glasgow.
It named her, correctly, as Her Majesty The Queen, but in a space usually reserved for categories such as "Press" or "Guest", the organisers had designated her as "HRH".

Commonwealth Games organisers give Queen 'HRH' not 'HM' accreditation - Telegraph

I'm sure the Queen and the DoE were thrilled to be able to name this new impressive flagship for the Royal Navy. HM must be very touched that it's been named in her honour.

As an indication of HM's popularity vis-a-vis that of the elected populations in the UK, both David Cameron (UK PM) and Alex Salmond (Scottish First Minister) were roundly booed when they arrived whereas the Queen received a big cheer.

I'm sure the Queen and the DoE were thrilled to be able to name this new impressive flagship for the Royal Navy. HM must be very touched that it's been named in her honour.

As an indication of HM's popularity vis-a-vis that of the elected populations in the UK, both David Cameron (UK PM) and Alex Salmond (Scottish First Minister) were roundly booed when they arrived whereas the Queen received a big cheer.

I just can't get over the size of this thing. I mean...That one aerial picture of her in Dry Dock and in the next berth over is HMS Invincible, and in comparison to HMS Queen Elizabeth, looks like a tinker toy. I adore the Ship's insignia/emblem. So much symbolism and Royal History in that one emblem...:)

May all who sail in her come home safely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Did Lady Sarah Chatto attend the HMS Queen Elizabeth naming ceremony? I thought I saw her in some of the pictures but there seems no mention of her?

The Duke of Edinburgh as Captain General of the Royal Marines inspected cadets at the Royal Marines 350th Foundation Parade in the garden of Buckingham Palace today, July 8, 2014.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Duke of Edinburgh as Captain General of the Royal Marines inspected cadets at the Royal Marines 350th Foundation Parade in the garden of Buckingham Palace today, July 8, 2014.

Also presented new Colours as well. I was wondering when I saw the Cadet/Officer (?) kneeling w/the Colours if that was going on, and in the description of the photo, it was.

On a truly fluffy note...I love the Royal Marines uniforms. They do indeed make a man look *good*!! :D

Did Lady Sarah Chatto attend the HMS Queen Elizabeth naming ceremony? I thought I saw her in some of the pictures but there seems no mention of her?

She was there (I saw her in pictures as well) but was not mentioned in the CC

On a truly fluffy note...I love the Royal Marines uniforms. They do indeed make a man look *good*!! :D

I agree about the uniforms! The DoE looks great in the RM uniform, too, he should wear it more often. I know he's at heart a Navy man, but this uniform somehow makes him look younger.

On a more serious note, a special year for the RMs as it's their 350th birthday. I'm sure those cadets (and their families) were thrilled to parade in the BP garden.

The Duke of Edinburgh attended a service of dedication to Admiral Arthur Philip at Westminster Abbey today, July 9, 2014.

Arthur Phillip was the Governor-Designate of the First Fleet, who founded the colony of New South Wales, which was the beginning of what would become the Commonwealth of Australia.

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a Service of Dedication to Admiral Arthur Philip at Westminster Abbey today, in his role as Patron of the British-Australia Society. Admiral Philip was Governor-Designate of the First Fleet, who founded the colony of New South Wales, which was was the beginning of what would become the Commonwealth of Australia, and today's service marks the bicentenary of his death. .
Home - ITNSource News

HM looks lovely! she always looks nice, but she seems to have a nice fresh sparkle about her today. and I love the turquoise brooch

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh are visiting Derbyshire today. The Royal party has arrived at Matlock Station and was received by Mr. William Tucker, Lord-Lieutenant of Derbyshire. Shows: GVs of visit Vox-pops-
Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom