Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
Her Majesty The Queen and HRH The Duke of York:
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang this morning met with the Queen at Windsor Castle as part of his visit to the UK, later he will meet with Prime Minister David Cameron at 10 Downing Street-

Home - ITNSource News

He was in a very good mood during the interview with Lord West, 93 years young.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 4h
The Queen and Prince Philip today begin 3 day visit to Northern Ireland

British Royals @britishroyals · 8m
Via @BritishMonarchy: The Queen arrives at @HeathrowAirport to open Terminal 2 #T2RoyalOpening
Instagram

Heathrow Airport @HeathrowAirport · 7m
We are honoured to welcome Her Majesty the Queen at Heathrow to officially open the new Terminal 2! #T2RoyalOpening

They're visiting the set of Game of Thrones during this visit!?!

Not jealous....Nope...Not jealous at all...

And if I keep saying, I might just believe it. ;)

25th June 2014
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh

will attend a Royal British Legion Reception at Coleraine Town Hall, the Diamond, Coleraine.

They will be in my home town tomorrow. I have told my parents they had better go and get a photo of her.

Videos:
The Queen and Duke have been shown round the Crumlin Road Gaol in Belfast by Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson. Both McGuinness and Robinson spent time in the jail during the Troubles in the 1970s and 80s-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen has toured the Games of Thrones set in Belfast's Titanic Quarter. Her Majesty met some of the actors in the 'Throne Room' and was shown props from the popular TV series. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen and Duke have attended a lunch reception at Belfast City Hall. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen and Duke have arrived for a 3 day visit to Northern Ireland. The Queen met with the Northern Ireland Minister Theresa Villiers at Hillsborough Castle and also First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness on a one-to-one basis-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen pays tribute to Belfast residents at City Hall reception-
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27998253

Is that for me? The Queen goes behind the scenes on the Game of Thrones set in Belfast (but refuses to take the Iron Throne)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Thrones-set-Belfast-refuses-Iron-Throne.html

Last edited:
Videos:
The Queen and Duke have been shown round the Crumlin Road Gaol in Belfast by Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson. Both McGuinness and Robinson spent time in the jail during the Troubles in the 1970s and 80s-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen has toured the Games of Thrones set in Belfast's Titanic Quarter. Her Majesty met some of the actors in the 'Throne Room' and was shown props from the popular TV series. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen and Duke have attended a lunch reception at Belfast City Hall. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen and Duke have arrived for a 3 day visit to Northern Ireland. The Queen met with the Northern Ireland Minister Theresa Villiers at Hillsborough Castle and also First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness on a one-to-one basis-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen pays tribute to Belfast residents at City Hall reception-
BBC News - The Queen pays tribute to Belfast residents at City Hall reception

Is that for me? The Queen goes behind the scenes on the Game of Thrones set in Belfast (but refuses to take the Iron Throne)
The Queen visits the Game of Thrones set in Belfast (but refuses to take the Iron Throne) | Mail Online
I am not a game of thrones fan. I don't even know what it is. But is the throne supposed to look, uh, that hideous for a reason?

Visiting an old jail? How thrilling can that be?:rolleyes:
Bet Philip came up with some good comments for that one. ;):lol:
What is Prince Philip smelling, and why?:lol:
Also, loved the photo of HM receiving that pillow from that little one! What a Granny!:wub:

Last edited:
I am not a game of thrones fan. I don't even know what it is. But is the throne supposed to look, uh, that hideous for a reason?

lol:

Yes, it's meant to be the melted swords of all the vanquished armies that were defeated to establish the monarchy. It's the iron throne.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Visiting an old jail? How thrilling can that be?:rolleyes:
Bet Philip came up with some good comments for that one. ;):lol:
What is Prince Philip smelling, and why?:lol:

If you can watch the show on HBO, you'll probably fall in love with it. I think it's a brilliant series and I loved (a bit jealous) that The Queen & Prince Philip got a chance to meet the cast and check out the Iron Throne.

Yes, it's meant to be the melted swords of all the vanquished armies that were defeated to establish the monarchy. It's the iron throne.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks. Makes sense then.
But still hideous in my opinion. Glad her Majesty doesn't have to sit on a throne like that!

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth met with Australia's new High Commissioner to the United Kingdom Alexander Downer and his wife during an audience at Buckingham Palace today, June 26, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HM's stamina is truly astonishing. Straight from a busy 3 days in NI and she just keeps on going. She'll have earned her holiday when it comes in a month's time.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Ceremony of the Keys with the 2nd Battallion Royal Regiment of Scotland as Guard of Honour at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, June 30:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom