Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Easter Service is usually discussed in the family events thread as more than one member of the RF attends usually.
The new portrait is being discussed in the Portrait thread.

Easter Service is usually discussed in the family events thread as more than one member of the RF attends usually.
The new portrait is being discussed in the Portrait thread.
I don't know why the link says the article is about the portrait (the Telegraph failed to change the link headline) if you click through the actual article is entitled "The Queen at 88: Healthy, happy, witty and wise." I'll edit my post to reflect that.

I did see one post of a picture of the queen but, as I said, have not seen any articles.

Video:
The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery have marked the Queen's 88th birthday with a 41-Royal Gun Salute at Green Park. A second 41-Royal Gun Salute took place across at the Tower of London by The Honourable Artillery Company. The Queen is spending the day at Windsor Castle-
Home - ITNSource News

I know it's two years away but, if God spare her life, I can't wait to see what will be planned for Her Majesty's 90th Birthday.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 5h
Prince Philip is visiting RAF Air Defence Radar Museum in Norfolk today. Tomorrow HRH & The Queen will begin 2 days of engagements in Wales.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 5h
Prince Philip is visiting RAF Air Defence Radar Museum in Norfolk today. Tomorrow HRH & The Queen will begin 2 days of engagements in Wales.

In general, when they travel to Wales, what's the mode of transportation? Are they staying overnight and if so, where?

In general, when they travel to Wales, what's the mode of transportation? Are they staying overnight and if so, where?

I suspect it is a day trip by helicopter, and they will be back at Windsor by the evening.

HM looks wonderful, but The Duke looks remarkable, what with all the illness he's had of late. They are truly worthy of admiration...still going to work at 88 and 92.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh in Wales today, April 29:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Love the pictures of the visit to the equine hospital. I guarantee that will be her Majesty's favorite stop.;)
Picture 9-The horses seem very interested in her Majesty.:lol: maybe they smell corgis!:lol:
I love picture 17- her Majesty isn't the same as say William and Catherine, but she is definitely a granny, and it is a delight!:flowers:
All that was missing was Robert Hardy/Siegfried Farnon!:D
Much more high-tech since Siegfried's day. But one thing hasn't changed- veterinarians love for animals. And that's the most important thing.

Last edited:
Love the pictures of the visit the equine hospital. I guarantee that will be her Majesty's favorite stop.;)
Picture 9-The horses seem very interested in her Majesty.:lol:
I love picture 17- her Majesty isn't the same as say William and Catherine, but she is definitely a granny, and it is a delight!:flowers:
All that was missing was Robert Hardy/Siegfried Farnon!:D
Much more high-tech since Siegfried's day. But one thing hasn't changed- veterinarians love for animals.

You voiced my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Love this!
Equine surgery- very interesting. You need a big operating table!:lol:
An x-ray machine for equines- how cool is that?:cool:
As I said before, maybe the horse who tried to to nibble her Majesty smelled the corgis!:lol:
Either that, or wanted a Royal carrot, apple or sugar cube.:lol:
First, I thought he was smelling her, but I guess he was trying to nibble at her!
Either way- priceless, and her Majesty did not get flustered- handled it just like a vet I know of... ;)
But then she has lots of experience.
If she wasn't the Queen, she could be an equine vet.
Makes me laugh how much I love this type of engagement. If it wasn't obvious before that I am an ACGAS fan- obvious now!:lol:

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been to Dyfed and South Glamorgan in Wales today. The Queen first toured the Cotts Farm Hospital Ltd, nefore unveiling a plaque at Princes Gate Spring Water. The royal couple then continued to Picton Castle, viewing the Gold and White Drawing Room before lunch. Finally the Duke and Queen went to Prembroke Dock-
Home - ITNSource News

She has been really, really smiley these last two days!

Video:
The Queen and Duke have spent a second day in Wales, touring International Greetins UK Linited, where they were show packaging for christmas crackers. LAter on the royal couple were shown around UWC Atlantic College, St Donat's Castle-
Home - ITNSource News

Her Majesty The Queen - Listen LIVE
to our centenary service tomorrow morning!: 10am UK Time- 5/6/14

This Service will be in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
to celebrate the centenary of the Diocese of Chelmsford-
Celebrate and Commit | Chelmsford Centenary

Last edited:
Video:
The diocese of Chelmsford in Essex received a royal visit today. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended a special service celebrating 100 years of the diocese, joining a congregation at Chelmsford's cathedral church of St Mary the Virgin, St Peter and St Cedd-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h
The Queen is now back in residence at Buckingham Palace after spending April at Windsor Castle for what’s known as ‘Easter Court’.

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended the Journalists' Charity 150th Anniversary Reception this afternoon. The charity has been helping journalists and their dependents since 1864. It was originally founded by, among others, Charles Dickens as the Newspaper Press Fund-
Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom