Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11th November 2013
The Duke of Edinburgh

Senior Colonel, Household Division and Colonel, Grenadier Guards, will attend a Last Post ceremony in Ypres, Belgium, to mark gathering of soil from Flanders Fields for a memorial garden at the Guards Museum in London.

I wonder if he will meet any members of the Belgian RF?

Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.

Kate Bush is a singer-songwriter. Her most famous singles are "Running Up That Hill" and "Wuthering Heights".

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Visit SSAFA-
Home - ITNSource News

I'm just noticing that it was Prince & Princess Michael of Kent that greeted The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. Surprised Philip didn't kiss Princess Michael.

HM did not kiss Princess Michael either. Is there tension between these two couples?

I have seen engagements with the Gloucester's also where the Duke has kissed the Queens hand and the Duchess has curtsied without kissing her but no big deal has been made about it. It seems that some people look for controversy where the Michaels are concerned.

Might be because of the hats? You can see Prince Michael knock the Queen's when he kisses her so i imagine HM and the Princess thought best not to even try.

I have seen engagements with the Gloucester's also where the Duke has kissed the Queens hand and the Duchess has curtsied without kissing her but no big deal has been made about it. It seems that some people look for controversy where the Michaels are concerned.

There is always going to be controversy over how some people (not just the Michaels) greet the Queen and Prince Philip. It could also be that the Queen is a little stiff and sore on some days and the Michaels were being considerate.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 7m
Palace spox: "The Queen is experiencing some mild discomfort with her ankle, following a busy weekend" but fulfilling engagements tomorrow

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
The Queen has pulled out of an investiture ceremony after suffering "mild discomfort" with her ankle. Prince William took her place.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
Buckingham Palace insist the Queen is not unwell and she will undertake a "busy programme of engagements" tomorrow.

Last edited:
Her Majesty has seemed to me to have aged suddenly - Prince Philip seemed more sprightly than she did at a recent engagement, I thought.

I think we will be hearing a lot more of these stories about The Queen and Prince Philip. it common among people's their age

Queen Elizabeth has received the Mongolian Ambassador Narkhuu Tulga and the Swiss Ambassador Dominik Furgler during audiences at Buckingham Palace on November 13, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

That is so cool! Its nice to hear that she was given an award for something on her own merit and not just because she is Queen. I really bet she's over the moon about it too!

Well despite buying the horse and visiting it, I don't think The Queen did much. The trainer and the rider deserve credit just as equally.

Well despite buying the horse and visiting it, I don't think The Queen did much. The trainer and the rider deserve credit just as equally.

Oh most definitely! I just meant it was an award in an area where she would have gotten it regardless if she was Elizabeth or Queen. Its an area of passion and interest for her personally. :flowers:

Actually, HM didn't buy Estimate, she bred her.

While the trainer and rider deserve much of the credit, I don't think I would downplay the involvement that HM has in any of her horses. Horses aren't simply something that she uses as an investment and lets other people do all the work.

She did as much, infact probably more, than most of the other owners out there. The trainer and rider got paid for their job. The Queen appears to be very knowledgeable about all her horses.

The Queen is known in the industry as one of the world's foremost experts in the art of breeding racehorses. She has encyclopedic knowledge of bloodlines and had she the time and privacy to devote more time to it she would always be among the world's leading breeders. She reportedly plans all the matings of her mares herself and personally names all the foals born. Estimate's career success is very much due to Her Majesty involvement. (One of my other, erm, diversions, is horse racing. :))

I totally agree with Laura's post. Claire Balding just did a tv documentary this year about the queen and her horses. She is very evolved in the breeding and training methods. She got Monty Roberts, the Horse Whisper guy, to come to the UK before he was famous to show his techniques to her and the Queen Mum. They became instant converts.

To whom will Queen pass over her racing business, breeding stud farms and all.. Is Charles interested much in that beyond polo? I doubt William and harry are interested..not to mention Kate's "allergy"..
I think it will be good to pass off that entire setup to Anne's family..Now that Peter has also come into this field, both brother and sister can work full time on that..

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been to officially open the world's "greenest" office building today. The Royal couple went to the new Co-Op head office, which has been confirmed as the most environmentally friendly building ni the world. The Queen and Duke then went onto the Factory Youth Zone, a youth club in one of the country's most deprived communities-
Home - ITNSource News

How beautiful The Queen looks today in her blue.

The Queen is stunning in that shade of blue. Love the hat.

The Queen is known in the industry as one of the world's foremost experts in the art of breeding racehorses. She has encyclopedic knowledge of bloodlines and had she the time and privacy to devote more time to it she would always be among the world's leading breeders. She reportedly plans all the matings of her mares herself and personally names all the foals born. Estimate's career success is very much due to Her Majesty involvement. (One of my other, erm, diversions, is horse racing. :))

I know, I do watch the programs as well. However, a horse can be bred to perfection and still ride like a pony. The rider and the trainer, IMO, someone who has followed, enjoyed, watched and participated in horse racing over the years, deserve equal if not more credit.

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been to officially open the world's "greenest" office building today. The Royal couple went to the new Co-Op head office, which has been confirmed as the most environmentally friendly building ni the world. The Queen and Duke then went onto the Factory Youth Zone, a youth club in one of the country's most deprived communities-
Home - ITNSource News

How beautiful The Queen looks today in her blue.

Thank you for the video clip. I love watching Her Majesty interact with people. She brings a lot of joy to those who meet her. I think the children that had a chance to meet her today got a memory of a lifetime. They talk to her with such ease. I think that the Duke got a kick out of the boxing demonstration too. Nice to see them both out and about. Her Majesty does indeed look lovely in the blue hat. The color suits her.

and her lovely smile, e.g. at 1:46 in the video :flowers:

Her Majesty's smile lights up a room, and the one in the video is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom