Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Wonderful smile and so informal and relaxed.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread ,but the Washington, DC PBS station is airing a documentary about the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. It is on one of the subchannels, WETA UK (Comcast 265), on Sunday from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. EST.

Those glasses! :lol:

They're actually pretty typical of hunting glasses. The yellow tint cuts the glare and the glasses themselves from flying debris. You can get them with a darker tint or no tint at all, and it just depends on how bright it is or if you're inside.

That isn't a current picture if you look at the caption it say its from 2008.

The article says because there was concern that the recoil of the gun could dislodge a stent put in to unblock an artery.

At Christmas time 2011 he had a stent put in and the advice was not to shoot as that could dislodge the stent. It was hard for him as he always shoots on Boxing Day and for the month of January at Sandringham, along with August and September at Balmoral (so for three months a year he used to go shooting) and he has had to give up the entertainment he used to enjoy doing for 25% of the year.

Peter HuntVerified account‏@BBCPeterHunt
Prince Philip will next be seen in public on the 30th when he visits the Bog Natural Nature Reserve in Sandringham. pic.twitter.com/9h6UpKryY6

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3h
Duke of Edinburgh slowly making a return to public life following post-op recuperation, with five new engagements announced in coming weeks

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
The Queen is losing her Press Secretary, Ailsa Anderson who is going to become the chief spokesperson for @ABCJustin.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 33m
Speaking about Ailsa Anderson @ABCJustin says"I am absolutely delighted..she has chosen to use her great skills in the service of the Church

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 55m
[You might recognise Ailsa Anderson as the lady who posted the official announcement of Prince George's birth outside Buckingham Palace]

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
The Queen is losing her Press Secretary, Ailsa Anderson who is going to become the chief spokesperson for @ABCJustin.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 33m
Speaking about Ailsa Anderson @ABCJustin says"I am absolutely delighted..she has chosen to use her great skills in the service of the Church

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 55m
[You might recognise Ailsa Anderson as the lady who posted the official announcement of Prince George's birth outside Buckingham Palace]

Just in case - ABCJustin is the Archbishop of Canterbury, Head of the Anglican Church

Yes, I should've clarified it but thanks for doing it.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 54s
The Queen, accompanied by Prince Philip, will launch the Commonwealth Games Baton Relay on Oct 9: http://www.thecgf.com/qbr/

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
The Queen launches The Queen's Baton Relay on 9th October on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace for the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 7m
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, will place her message inside the baton before handing it on to start the relay.

Dman;1603389... [U said:
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK [/U]7m
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, will place her message inside the baton before handing it on to start the relay.

The Queen's message: Don't drop it.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 39m
The Queen will be travelling back down to London from Balmoral next week, after completing several engagements in Aberdeen on 1st October.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 52m
#royal Prince #Philip out and about today in Sandringham - back on the engagement circuit pic.twitter.com/sQsjL2ZEhV

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 37m
#royal Another shot of Duke of Edinburgh at Dersingham Bog; pic.twitter.com/AMwZknxMIY

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 51m
#royal Prince #Philip was visiting Dersingham Bog as Patron of the Conservation Volunteers pic.twitter.com/uZuG3v3eSE

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 43m
#royal More Prince #Philip from earlier, Sandringham Estate - reported to hv recently told aides: "fill up my diary" http://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/384663816786554880/photo/1pic.twitter.com/w7RJoRyglP

I had to look this up. In British English the word "rude" means hearty or vigorous. In American English "rude" means impolite or bad-mannered. So given the headline and your location the word rude could have applied to the DOE in either context (given some of his remarks way in the past). All this being said, I'm very happy to see him out and about again and in rude health!

I had to look this up. In British English the word "rude" means hearty or vigorous. In American English "rude" means impolite or bad-mannered. So given the headline and your location the word rude could have applied to the DOE in either context (given some of his remarks way in the past). All this being said, I'm very happy to see him out and about again and in rude health!
Rude also means impolite and bad-mannered in British English. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom