Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he looks very much slimmed, but in good spirit.

Last edited:

Prince Philip looks well; thank you for the photos iceflower, I particularly like the first one :flowers:. It's good to see him performing royal engagements again.

:previous:
Honestly I facepalm ever time I see one of the articles about a one of those jobs. Silly season it is indeed.

How wonderful to see HRH out and about again. He looks great and from the reports, back to his old wise cracking ways. So great to see after the worry of the last few months.

Nice photo of the family arriving for church. I do find it odd how they all travel in separate cars...Surely Edward and Sophie could have travelled with the Queen and Philip as opposed to their own 4x4. They are all coming from the same place, with the exception of perhaps Charles who is likely coming from Birkhall.

Anyway, sorry for going slightly off topic. Lovely to see Philip out and about again and I do love that they are both wearing kilts (as you can see from their jackets they are likely to belong to kilts.)

It is alarming how old Philip actually looks in those photos though.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're old now.

He looks really frail. It must so hard for Elizabeth to see her companion of decades and first and only love suffer and know these are their twilight years together.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 4h
On 9th October, The Queen and Prince Philip are to set off the interestingly named 'Queen's Baton Relay' on the Buckingham Palace forecourt.

And on 15th October, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will give a reception for Members of Parliament and Members of European Parliament.

Whilst The Queen won't be attending the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting, she's to hold a reception in advance of it at end of Oct.

On 9th October, The Queen and Prince Philip are to set off the interestingly named 'Queen's Baton Relay' on the Buckingham Palace forecourt.

And on 15th October, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will give a reception for Members of Parliament and Members of European Parliament.

Whilst The Queen won't be attending the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting, she's to hold a reception in advance of it at end of Oct.

Obviously, these people have never followed The Commonwealth Games. If they did, they'd know about the The Queen's Baton and the Relay.

The CG Baton Relay is what takes place instead of a torch relay. The speech Her Majesty will read to open the Games in Glasgow next year will be placed in the Baton and then sent on its way October 9th. It will visit all of the Commonwealth Countries and then come back for a relay through the UK that will end in Glasgow next Summer.

And thus endeth today's lecture from this Geeky Sports Fanatic. :D

I thought he looked like king Juan Carlos , never seen that before

Goes to show informal family pictures or adoring royal parents are in no way a "modern'' trend;)

Goes to show informal family pictures or adoring royal parents are in no way a "modern'' trend;)

The point is these are private photos from the royal album and never seen before. Formal photographs were issued and made readily available. This is a rare insight into HMQs childhood.

The pictures of William, Catherine and George are replacing the normal formal photographs.

Adoring royal parents have been around a long time, as you say.

Well not completely. The Cambridge are going to do formal photos also a little later. It's a compromise between tradition and contemporary.

Well not completely. The Cambridge are going to do formal photos also a little later. It's a compromise between tradition and contemporary.

How do you know about more formal pictures?

How do you know about more formal pictures?

I think it refers to the pictures we were supposed to get tomorrow morning. The most formal picture we'll get is the monarch and heirs one.

I must qualify myself: the article I read( and don't remember where) said formal photos 'may' happen around the time of the christening. Makes sense to me but we'll see I guess :)

I must qualify myself: the article I read( and don't remember where) said formal photos 'may' happen around the time of the christening. Makes sense to me but we'll see I guess :)

We'll get christening photos yes, we'll also get the monarchs photo sooner or later. The picture discussion is off topic of this thread.

I was just answering a question but thank you for regulating. cheers.

Do we know for sure that there will be a 'four monarchs' photo - afterall the last one ended up with the fourth monarch abdicating and a great deal of controversy about that situation? Maybe The Queen won't want to 'tempt fate'.

Do we know for sure that there will be a 'four monarchs' photo - afterall the last one ended up with the fourth monarch abdicating and a great deal of controversy about that situation? Maybe The Queen won't want to 'tempt fate'.

I can totally see The Queen believing in that nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom