Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: How lovely of Her Majesty and The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to pose for photographs with Jessica and her teddy bear. Some very special memories were made, that's for sure :D.

The Queen is amazing, she smiles to everyone she meets.

Long Live The Queen of hearts

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 10m
The Queen will attend the Second Ashes Test between England and Australia at Lord's on July 18. She'll meet both teams.

Bet Philip is green with envy. He'd have loved this.

Has anyone heard any peeps about whether the Duke will be moving to Balmoral to recuperate? I do hope so. I know it can be chilly up there, but I'd hate to see him stuck alone at home.

Video:
Queen Visits Cumbria and Comments on Royal Baby-
Home - ITNSource News

Her Majesty was accompanied by HRH The Princess Royal and her Lady-in-Waiting or Woman of the Bedchamber, Lady Susan Hussey.

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 18: James Pattinson and Ashton Agar of Australia look on after meeting Queen Elizabeth II during day one of the 2nd Investec Ashes Test match between England and Australia at Lord's Cricket Ground on July 18, 2013 in London, England.

Daylife.com gallery

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 18: James Pattinson and Ashton Agar of Australia look on after meeting Queen Elizabeth II during day one of the 2nd Investec Ashes Test match between England and Australia at Lord's Cricket Ground on July 18, 2013 in London, England.

Daylife.com gallery
Great photos, and once again love the Queen's outfit......

Queen keeps cool in wide-brimmed bonnet as she visits England and Aussie cricket teams at Lords | Mail Online

An interesting line in this article: The Queen will be travelling to Balmoral for her traditional summer break next week but it is not thought Philip will be among her party.

I looked at this and thought sad at first that he couldn't accompany her but then realised that he must be getting a lot better otherwise she wouldn't leave him for an extended period of time - so to me the message is: I am doing what I normally do because my husband is getting better and even if we can't be together at Balmoral this year I still have time to be with him.

This is strange though. The Scottish "break" at Balmoral does include some royal engagements, but mainly its private.

I do not understand how the Duke cannot travel in easy stages to Balmoral (or by air maybe?). She can't leave him for 2 months, surely?

I'm now not feeling quite so relaxed about his health

Do you think she would leave him if there was anything to worry about?

She has no engagements in August, other than the audiences with the PM and that can just as easily be done at Windsor where she would surely be if Philip was still ailing.

We were told he would have two months off which takes him to the end of August.

The fact that she has been away from him at Holyrood and Sandringham tells me he is recovering but not yet up to doing the travel to Balmoral - which could also have something to do with the temperatures etc in the castle - they often need fires even in summer up there, along with the often soft rain which would mean he couldn't be outside.

I think this is very much a decision that says everything is OK with Philip - and that he will be back to business come the Autumn by her side. OK for a 92 year old who has had surgery mind you not necessarily OK for a 30 year old.

from the same article:

But the Duke appears to be making good progress after last month’s exploratory abdominal surgery as Buckingham Palace said he would travel from Windsor Castle to join the Queen in Scotland during August.

Maybe the duke will travel by train or he must finish his treatment before journey

She has no engagements in August, other than the audiences with the PM

This is strange though. The Scottish "break" at Balmoral does include some royal engagements, but mainly its private.

Information about such events like private meeting with local members of the Welsh Corgi League two weeks ago don't fixed in CC, but people still wait such events and hope to seethe queen.

Of course - and she will attend the Highland Games which is never in the CC either.

All she will do officially in August is her regular meetings with the PM and hold a council meeting or two - based on past years.

Last edited:
I think she has a lot of free time while at Balmoral, but also has many private engagements and commitments. I am sure many of them have been going on for years, and her diary there is established six months in advance, like all the other times in her life.

Video:
QUEEN HOLDS RECEPTION FOR ENTERPRISE:
The Duke of York, his daughters the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and the Earl and Countess of Wessex joined the Queen for an event at Buckingham Palace celebrating UK firms-
Home - ITNSource News

Duke of Edinburgh Current Events

I hope it is okay to start this thread, but I didn't see another one for the DoE's current events. Every time someone updated the thread about the DoE's June hospitalization, the main British Royal webpage only the words: "Prince Philip is hospital" shows on my browser. My heart sort of sinks a little because I worried that he was in the hospital again.

So could we discuss whether he is in Sandringham or Balmoral here?

There is a thread for the Duke's current events which is shared with HMQ. What you want to discuss is on the Prince PHilip in hospital thread....

He is currently in Sandringham. I've just posted info on the thread mentioned above

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 9m
P Philip, who is convalescing in Sandringham, will join the Queen at her private Balmoral Estate in Scotland around the second week of Aug.

That doesn't sound good.

Two months until he is able to travel after exploratory surgery. It seems like he is unable to walk or to be moved around.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound good.

Two months until he is able to travel after exploratory surgery. It seems like he is unable to walked or to be moved around.

He walked out of the hospital

That doesn't sound good.

Two months until he is able to travel after exploratory surgery. It seems like he is unable to walk or to be moved around.

Exactly why isn't it good? Frankly the fact he feels able to travel from Sandringham to Balmoral is an achievement!

Yes he walked out of the hospital but that was 5 weeks ago and IMO the way the article was worded it sounded like he had a set back.

They said all along he would take a two month convalescence and that is what he is doing - he wasn't expected back to doing things until the 2nd week in August and that is now when he will travel to Balmoral to do the normal summer stuff there. Sounds to me as if everything is going according to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom