Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BritishMonarchy: HM to be presented with a replica of her Coronation bouquet by the Worshipful Company of Gardeners: http://t.co/DPUvBQigDo #Coronation60th

@BritishMonarchy: Painting of the Coronation bouquet by Anna Zinkeisen © Royal Collection #Coronation60th http://t.co/70lxqyqde2

@BritishMonarchy: The Queen leaves #BuckinghamPalace for @wabbey with her Coronation bouquet on 2 June 1953 #Coronation60th http://t.co/6ou2NTH9Uw

Very nice that a replica of her Coronation Bouquet was presented to Her Majesty.

Yesterday, May 30, Queen Elizabeth received credentials from the Ambassador of Tunisia Nabil Ammar and from the Ambassador of the Republic of Kosovo Lirim Greicevc in the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm sure the Queen welcomed the opportunity to "mingle" with the horses.

The little girl who presented her with flowers, Alice Edward, has the most PERFECT curtsey. :D How cute.

Lovely to see the Queen visit the Barracks. She really does care for her armed forces.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted all Canadian members to be aware CPAC joins BBC Parliament in airing the Coronation in its entirety (all 7.5 hours!) tomorrow morning beginning at 10.15 EST.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted all Canadian members to be aware CPAC joins BBC Parliament in airing the Coronation in its entirety (all 7.5 hours!) tomorrow morning beginning at 10.15 EST.

I was so hoping BBC America would do the same, but no such luck. Congrats Canadians!

CPAC will be airing the Coronation online. I posted a link in The Coronation Library thread.

Westminster Abbey ‏@wabbey 19m
The Queen is crowned. The people, with loud and repeated shouts cry, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! #60yearsagotoday #coronation60th

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 5h
The Queen will be at the private #royal chapel in Windsor Great Park today.

Last edited:
the Queen at a dinner on behalf of @RNIB at St. James's Palace this evening.

(Source: Victoria Arbiter on Twitter)

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 26m
Prince Philip pulls out of engagement with the Queen tonight due to to illness but palace insists he will attend Coronation service tomorrow

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
Buckingham Palace refuse to say what's wrong with the prince aside from 'he is feeling a bit unwell' but insist he will be by her side tommorrow

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 42m
Buckingham Palace spokeswoman: "The Duke is unwell, but he will be at the service tomorrow."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 40m
Philip was due to join the Queen at a St James's Palace gala for Royal National Institute of Blind People attended by Rod Stewart

Duke of Edinburgh withdraws from event at St James's Palace after falling ill | Mail Online

Last edited:
These stories never make me feel good. I hope he feels better soon, and I hope he doesn't feel he has to attend tomorrow to let the public know he is fine. If he is too unwell to attend he shouldn't attend.

I cannot believe he'll be 92 this month.

To see The Queen alone in Westminster tomorrow would be heartbreaking, again. I wish Prince Philip a speedy recovery, but he shouldn't attend tomorrow if it would worsen his health.

Initially i panicked somewhat when i heard the news. However the palace must be confident he will be well enough to attend tomorrow or I highly doubt they would have said he would be there. Maybe its a case of working too hard and being exhausted/ over tired so he is resting up before tomorrow.

I too wish HRH The Duke of Edinburgh a full and speedy recovery. I hope will be able to attend but, if he's not up to it, then he should stay home.

Prince Philip 'Unwell' Ahead of Queen's Service:
http://news.sky.com/story/1098937/prince-philip-unwell-ahead-of-queens-service

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 9m
This is Prince Philip's second cancelled engagement in four days. He pulled out of a lecture on Friday but was at the Derby on Saturday.

Last edited:
Very nice to see The Queen and she's dressed in the same evening gown she wore to William & Catherine's pre-wedding dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom