Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, there are so many spelling mistakes and errors in that DM piece. They really are beyond parody at this stage.

It repeats all the time..
And this one thing I have to agree with DM posters..
The column "What has she done so far"..was very unimpressive. They should have worded it some other way. They made it sound (indeed truly) as if there was nothing they have accomplished in life other than marry (and then some divorce) and have kids..

They miss the point. These are daughters of the aristocracy in the early 1950's. Women of that class did not go out to work, and rarely went on to university. They married well and within their circle; had children; supported their husbands and did good works.

A good example is Anne, Duchess of Norfolk who died recently (see appropriate thread). She did all that was expected and then went to found a Hospice charity. They built up the WI; conserved the local environment as well as local fruit and worked to help their local community.

It is from this work that many of the major charities in the UK started.

It may not be work as the DM understand it, but it was. And they didn't
get paid.

It is precisely the life that HMQ would have lived if her uncle had remained King.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 9m
BBC Radio 4 - The Reunion this Sunday features five of the six train-bearers at the Queen's Coronation in June 1953 http://bbc.in/10QBZtC

Royal approval for Michael Bell:
A review of Friday's action from Newbury where Sign Manual was a 4/1 winner for Her Majesty The Queen-
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/8653103/newbury-winner-for-the-queen

Pictures:
The Moments The Queen's Race Horse 'Sign Manual' won-
http://royal-windsor.tumblr.com/post/48363363265/britishroyals-the-queen-attends-the-dubai-duty

Last edited:
Her Majesty looked as if she had a wonderful time. It's great that her horse won, just in time for her birthday :D.

She has a brooch and then she doesn't (or the reverse?). Another winner today?

Last edited:
She has a brooch and then she doesn't (or the reverse?). Did she have a winner like last year?

The brooch is on the dress underneath her coat, which we see in the first 3 pictures Ice highlighted. As far as I recall HM didn't have a 1st finish last year, in a big race at least.

The Duke of Edinburg visited Glendene School and Community Arts College as well as Langley Park Primary School to officially open the garden in Durham today, April 24, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** sunderlandecho.com videos ** itv.com: Royal visit to Langley Park **

** chroniclelive.co.uk: HRH the Duke of Edinburgh visits Langley Park Primary School **

** thenorthernecho.co.uk: Duke of Edinburgh visits two County Durham schools **

** hartlepoolmail.co.uk: Prince Philip laughs and jokes with kids during a County Durham school visit **

The pic with this article brings a big smile to my face!

I think the Duke, as well as the kids got a kick out of today. Heck, I know some of my kids (or one in particular) would LOVE to show off what they can do (and I know a certain student would be in the thick of things, showing off how he 'plays with Abby' [his PT]). I always enjoy seeing royals interact with children, especially those who love to engage them, and make them feel like they matter.

The Governor General of Canada > Visit of His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh

His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will welcome His Royal Highness the Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, upon his arrival in Toronto at SkyService FBO (6120 Midfield Road, Mississauga) on Friday, April 26, 2013, at 4 p.m.

At 5:30 p.m., His Excellency will meet with the Duke of Edinburgh in the Library Room of the Fairmont Royal York (100 Front Street West, Toronto).

He looks so great for being almost 92! Best of luck to him on the Canada visit!

The Governor General of Canada > Canadian Honours Presented to the Duke of Edinburgh

Today, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, presented the insignias of Companion of the Order of Canada and Commander of the Order of Military Merit to His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh during a special presentation in Toronto, Ontario.

The citation for these awards says it all. He really has dedicated himself to the realms and the Commonwealth. It is so goos that his dedication has been recognised.

Congrats to His Royal Highness. I'm kinda surprised he's now only getting these Orders.

The Order of Canada is a long overdue order owed to Prince Philip. They have offered it to him before, but always under circumstances that didn't reflect on both who he is and what he's done, resulting in him turning it down. As a Canadian, I'm glad to see that they finally got this one right.

It is killing me that at the same time I'm in Toronto, so is the DoE and the chances of me seeing him are next to nil. Grrrr!!!!

WHAT!?!

What time and where *exactly*?

Well he is having breakfast at Queens Park with the Premier and Lt Gov at Queens Park (the provincial parliament) and then after that presenting the new colours to his regiment which I believe will also be held at Queens Park. Check the story on CBC.ca

I did check the story there, but there's no official time frame that I saw. I'm from Sudbury, so I do know what Queen's Park is, but have never been there strangely enough. That could change tomorrow from the sounds of it.

In the news piece it mentioned that the ceremony will start about 9:30am at Queen's Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom