The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's message to President Obama:

"I was deeply saddened to hear of the loss of life and devastation caused by yesterday’s tornado in Oklahoma. Prince Philip joins me in offering our heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families at this difficult time. Our deepest sympathies go out to all those whose lives have been affected, as well as the American people."

Elizabeth R

The Queen's message to President Obama

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth during an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, May 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont know which thread to put this on - so please feel free to move. And apologies if it is a duplicate.

This is an article on the upcoming exhibition at BP for the Coronation. There are some lovely photos - a couple I've never seen before

Queen's coronation outfit to go on show at Buckingham Palace for first time in celebration of 60th anniversary | Mail Online

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I dont know which thread to put this on - so please feel free to move. And apologies if it is a duplicate.

This is an article on the upcoming exhibition at BP for the Coronation. There are some lovely photos - a couple I've never seen before

Queen's coronation outfit to go on show at Buckingham Palace for first time in celebration of 60th anniversary | Mail Online
Thank you for this article . The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Her Majesty's Coronation Robe was fit for well, a Queen, and it suited her quite nicely. She looked the part, and I think the regalia just added to it. Anne and Charles looked absolutely precious.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has met Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife during a private audience at Buckingham Palace today, May 22, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II Receives Croatian President Ivo Josipovic **
Old 05-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Courtier

I don't Know if this is the right place.

The Queen (Will Helen Mirren Dressed as the Queen) fulfills a boy (with Down Syndrome) wish to meet the Queen and have Tea.

http://m.today.com/entertainment/hel...cer-6C10018472

Helen Mirren gives royal welcome to boy with Down syndrome, terminal cancer
Randee DawnTODAY contributor

Dame Helen Mirren all by herself is pretty terrific. But put the 70-year-old Oscar winner in the outfit of the Queen, and she wears it like a superhero.

Recently, she stormed outside mid-performance of her London show "The Audience" (in which she plays Queen Elizabeth II) to unload on noisy drummers (and later publicly wore a handmade T-shirt supporting their cause). But her latest deed goes one step further: Last week, she agreed to have tea with 10-year-old Oliver Burton, who has Down syndrome and has been battling cancer for much of his short life.

Burton was diagnosed with leukemia in 2006, and was recently given a terminal diagnosis, according to a Facebook page set up to support him. But he had one dying wish: To have afternoon tea with the Queen and visit Buckingham Palace, as reported by the Leicester Mercury.

A national trust designed to support cancer-stricken children requested the actual Queen Elizabeth II -- who couldn't work it into her schedule.

So Mirren stepped forward to invite him to the Gielgud Theatre to see her play the Queen -- and invited him backstage to share tea and cake and to meet the corgis who star in the play with her. There were even footmen.And naturally, she was in costume the entire time.

"Our incredibly brave Ollie has Tea with The Queen!" the National/Regional Children's Tumor Leukaemia and Cancer Trust posted on their page.

His mother Catherine told the Mercury, "Dame Helen was brilliant. She stayed in character the whole time and spent a lot of time talking to Oliver and drawing him out of himself. She signed his British flag, which he waves all the time."

She also knighted him, with her hand. Now, that's royal behavior.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I am disappointed that HMQ failed this request.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth has met Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife during a private audience at Buckingham Palace today, May 22, 2013.

** Pic **
I couldn't help but notice the photo's of the Queen and Prince Consort of Denmark on the table behind Queen Elizabeth II!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

If she granted everyone of these requests she would be inundated with them. I am not disappointed but fully understanding of this situation - and in all likelihood The Queen herself was never even informed as this would have been dealt with by staff who get 10000s of requests to do things every year that they turn down for all sorts of reasons.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post

The Queen (Will Helen Mirren Dressed as the Queen) fulfills a boy (with Down Syndrome) wish to meet the Queen and have Tea.

Helen Mirren gives royal welcome to boy with Down syndrome, terminal cancer - TODAY.com

Dame Helen Mirren all by herself is pretty terrific. But put the 70-year-old Oscar winner in the outfit of the Queen, and she wears it like a superhero.

Recently, she stormed outside mid-performance of her London show "The Audience" (in which she plays Queen Elizabeth II) to unload on noisy drummers (and later publicly wore a handmade T-shirt supporting their cause). But her latest deed goes one step further: Last week, she agreed to have tea with 10-year-old Oliver Burton, who has Down syndrome and has been battling cancer for much of his short life.

Burton was diagnosed with leukemia in 2006, and was recently given a terminal diagnosis, according to a Facebook page set up to support him. But he had one dying wish: To have afternoon tea with the Queen and visit Buckingham Palace, as reported by the Leicester Mercury.

A national trust designed to support cancer-stricken children requested the actual Queen Elizabeth II -- who couldn't work it into her schedule.

So Mirren stepped forward to invite him to the Gielgud Theatre to see her play the Queen -- and invited him backstage to share tea and cake and to meet the corgis who star in the play with her. There were even footmen.And naturally, she was in costume the entire time.

"Our incredibly brave Ollie has Tea with The Queen!" the National/Regional Children's Tumor Leukaemia and Cancer Trust posted on their page.

His mother Catherine told the Mercury, "Dame Helen was brilliant. She stayed in character the whole time and spent a lot of time talking to Oliver and drawing him out of himself. She signed his British flag, which he waves all the time."

This made my day- love Helen! And she so looks like the Queen! They should have had an actor along to play Phillip..... The perfect person comes to mind....
No, not James Cromwell!
Later- I did not realize this took place backstage at " The Audience"- How I wish "Mr. Churchill" had been there!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Defiant Queen vows to still visit Woolwich:
Defiant Queen vows to still visit Woolwich | Royal | News | Daily Express

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
This made my day- love Helen! And she so looks like the Queen! They should have had an actor along to play Phillip..... The perfect person comes to mind....
No, not James Cromwell!
Nope... not James Cromwell. As good as a serious drama actor he is, I see him and automatically see Stretch Cunningham from All In The Family.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology and the new Rosie Hospital at Cambridge University Hospital in Cambridge today, May 23.

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

New York Mint Release Exclusive Coins to Celebrate 60th Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation:
New York Mint Release Exclusive Coins to Celebrate 60th Anniversary of Elizabeth II

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Rosie Maternity Hospital at Cambridge in London-
Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Rosie Maternity Hospital at Cambridge in London - Pictures - Zimbio

Well she does qualify for a bus pass ... the Queen hops on a single decker as she tours Cambridge 'Nobel Peace Factory' (and true to form, it turned up 15 minutes late)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...utes-late.html

The Queen was given a baby doll for baby Cambridge.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Rosie Maternity Hospital at Cambridge in London-
Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Rosie Maternity Hospital at Cambridge in London - Pictures - Zimbio

Well she does qualify for a bus pass ... the Queen hops on a single decker as she tours Cambridge 'Nobel Peace Factory' (and true to form, it turned up 15 minutes late)-
The Queen hops on a single decker as she tours Cambridge 'Nobel Peace Factory' (and true to form, it turned up 15 minutes late) | Mail Online

Wonderful pics!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visit Cambridge
Live coverage: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visit Cambridge | Cambridge News | Latest News Headlines From Cambridge City & Cambridgeshire | National News By Cambridge News

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Helen Mirren gives royal welcome to boy with Down syndrome, terminal cancer - TODAY.com

The Daily Mail has some fantastic photos if anybody could post the article. Helen sat in Ollie's wheelchair- he sat on her throne- I could cry!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:

This was such a kind of gesture! Yes, it would have been great if Her Majesty could have made this visit, but she may have had engagements that could not be rescheduled. I bet if she could, she would have been there. In any case, it looks like Oliver had a blast, even if he didn't meet the 'real' Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
No, not James Cromwell!
Later- I did not realize this took place backstage at " The Audience"- How I wish "Mr. Churchill" had been there!
Oliver would have been in heaven then. Who knows? Maybe 'Mr. Churchill' will cross his path in the near future, along with Her Majesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:

The Queen hops on a single decker as she tours Cambridge 'Nobel Peace Factory' (and true to form, it turned up 15 minutes late) | Mail Online

Lovely images. Her Majesty looks wonderful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread