The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
She's just da bomb, isn't she?
Oh for sure. You really have to wonder if HM had any clue she was even doing this. She sure was smiling towards the camera if you ask me. Maybe she was just very amused at two young girls obviously happy and having a good time.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Gentry

I saw that on the Breitbart London website and I just wanted to make sure everybody saw it. This link was nice Osipi, but the one on Breitbart is actually a little bigger and a better angle of the Queen.

I love the smile on her face. She was totally in the moment with those girls. I hope they can save it for posterity because it is sure a keeper.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacats View Post
I love the smile on her face. She was totally in the moment with those girls. I hope they can save it for posterity because it is sure a keeper.
Absolutely I'm not into selfies and don't like that any pic with one person standing behind another is dubbed a photobomb but It was very funny and endearing coming from the queen.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I saw this on my Facebook page earlier, and it made me smile. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote:
She's just da bomb, isn't she?
You gotta love this woman's sense of humor. The smile on her face says it all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2h
Oops: the Queen's horse Estimate, which failed a drugs test at Royal Ascot, finished last in the Artemis Goodwood Cup at Goodwood today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has attended the 150th Turriff Show in Aberdeenshire today, where she visited the Food Fayre, The Industrial Marquee to meet exhibitors and view exhibits, The Exhibition Hall to view a Cookery Demonstration; and The Homecoming Scotland Tent. Her Majesty also presented the trophy for the show's Champion of Champions-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Max FosterVerified account ‏@MaxFosterCNN

Queen in Crathie Kirk Church marking start of The Great War (PA) #WW1 pic.twitter.com/wpljBVwhC8
Old 08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen comes face to face with a beehive at a country show in Scotland | Mail Online

Queen and Prince Philip commemorate start of WW1 at Crathie Kirk and Sandringham | Mail Online
Old 08-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Thise are wonderful shots of the interior of Crathie Kirk! Did you notice the portrait of the Queen just inside the doorway?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Thise are wonderful shots of the interior of Crathie Kirk! Did you notice the portrait of the Queen just inside the doorway?
I did notice of the presence of the portrait but I think it appeared more like Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother than the current Queen.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the portrait is of her late Majesty, The Queen Mother. It's good to see a picture of the inside of the church. We really don't see pictures of Crathie Kirk and the royals there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a gorgeous church!
The Queen is braver than I- The bees and the bull look terrifying! Don't blame her for not being a fan of bees. Though I love honey.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Joe Little @MajestyMagazine · 10h
The Queen will officially take up residence at Balmoral Castle this morning and receive a ceremonial welcome. #royal

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen is reunited with adorable 'Pony Major' Cruachan VI at Balmoral | Mail Online
Old 08-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

All I can say is awww...
I can see why HM loves them to bits- adorable.
If Siegfried Farnon - ACGAS- or Robert Hardy ever met them, it would have been heaven on earth for both, horses and humans-involving a lot of carrots and sugar cubes! Put a smile on my face!
Side note- HM looks stunning!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the fact that a French flower market was renamed in honor of Queen Elizabeth II. The flower market is very close to Notre Dame Cathedral. It will be known as Marche aux Fleurs - Reine Elizabeth II.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Her Majesty The Queen Riding at Balmoral two weeks ago-

thepompandthepagentry • Queen Elizabeth II spotted ridding her horse,...

Video:
Off for a trotabout? The Queen goes for a ride near her Balmoral estate
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...al-estate.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
Her Majesty The Queen Riding at Balmoral two weeks ago-

thepompandthepagentry • Queen Elizabeth II spotted ridding her horse,...

Video:
Off for a trotabout? The Queen goes for a ride near her Balmoral estate
-
Queen Elizabeth II goes for a ride near her Balmoral estate | Mail Online
Well, this made my day, although it should be ruined because this is yet another intrusion of cameras on the personal life of the family. While the photos were taken by an individual rather than a pap, and they were taken outside the gates, it's still technically an intrusion. But it is wonderful to see any 88 year old enjoying one of her favorite pastimes. IMHO.

Elsewhere, Hello gives it's version on leaked info that the Queen is not completely happy with the selfie craze. Frankly, neither am I, your majesty. The Telegraph and the DM also cover the issue.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

A day of sport for Her Majesty in Scotland

Quote:
The Queen was joined by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of Rothesay (as Prince Charles is styled in Scotland) on Saturday at the gathering in Aberdeenshire.
The Braemar Games, of which the Queen is Patron, take place on the first Saturday of September at the Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park, a short distance from the Balmoral estate.
Attended by members of the Royal Family, the event has a long-standing tradition of attendance dating back to 1848, when Queen Victoria attended.
A day of sport for Her Majesty in Scotland
Old 09-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace View Post
The Braemar Games take place at the Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park.

Is the Duke of Fife Alexander Duff, the son-in-law of Albert Edward (King Edward VII)?

Closed Thread