The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if The Queen met the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire? She's 94 and has become frail in recent years.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty looks absolutely divine!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

One's little pony out for a trot: The Queen out riding at Windsor Castle-
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Don't tell Her Majesty, Earl Spencer's a Roundhead | Mail Online

It's always good to see The Queen riding and in her gear.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Sweltering crowds braved the heatwave to see the Queen officially open a £900 million redevelopment of one of the UK's busiest stations. The Queen, accompanied by Network Rail chairman Richard Parry Jones, was shown the transformation of the station, which now has two new entrances, five additional platforms and new shops-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Sweltering crowds braved the heatwave to see the Queen officially open a £900 million redevelopment of one of the UK's busiest stations. The Queen, accompanied by Network Rail chairman Richard Parry Jones, was shown the transformation of the station, which now has two new entrances, five additional platforms and new shops-
Home - ITNSource News
Thanks for this. I have to say on a hot day like this, the last thing I would want to do is to dress up and go off to open a railway station - this is why the Queen is greatly admired for her dedication to her duties. Another ice-cream for me I think!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Reading Railway Station - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen is amazing, look at the smile.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen stops for photo with Reading station construction workers | Mail Online

Video: Queen returns to open Reading station after its £900m makeover - Telegraph
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

ROYAL: Queen Enterprise reception at Buckingham Palace
Old 07-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
One's little pony out for a trot: The Queen out riding at Windsor Castle-
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Don't tell Her Majesty, Earl Spencer's a Roundhead | Mail Online

It's always good to see The Queen riding and in her gear.
It was interesting to learn that Charles's Eton friend Boris Johnson wrote in a newspaper in 1997 that the Spencers think they are grander than the 'upstart' Windsors.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Yesterday, July 18, Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle:

** Pic ** dailymail article **
Old 07-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has met with the new Master of the Queen's Music, Composer Judith Weir and said farewell to Sir Peter Maxwell Davies ( the previous holder of the post) at Buckingham Palace today-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth today also received Dame Quentin Bryce, the outgoing Governor General of Australia, and Sir Simon Rattle.

** gettyimages/zimbio: Investitures Held at Buckingham Palace **
Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 35s
The Queen's prize winning race horse #Estimate tests positive for banned substance.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · now
The Queen's Gold Cup-winning racehorse Estimate tests positive for banned drug morphine.

Queen's horse Estimate tests positive for morphine-
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/horse-racing/28430528

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen's 2013 Gold Cup winner Estimate tests positive for banned substance morphine | Mail Online
Old 07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

That is awful.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been to see the National Hockey Centre where they toured the venue, watched some hockey and met with athletes-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Scroll down for a good laugh:

Queen shows off her photobomb skills at Commonwealth Games | FOX Sports
Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Now that has made my day! Good one!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

She's just da bomb, isn't she?