Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HM packs into one day more than I do in three days and I can bet my last donut which event she looked forward to the most. :flowers:

I watched the State Opening of Parliament early this morning and had noticed how drear the weather seemed to be and as Philip got out of the carriage, I noticed his hand by the window of the carriage and that the window was open. It had to have been a nippy ride for them to say the least. This ceremony was especially poignant as we watched HM and her son both participate knowing that its been announced that Charles will be stepping up and taking on more duties representing his mother. This actually doesn't surprise me as I think we got a clue last year in the Jubilee celebrations where HM traveled around the nations and left visits to the commonwealth nations to the younger ones.

Princ Philip was out and about too in the afternoon!
Home - ITNSource News

These too never stop :lol: Both relaxing after the Opening of Parliament by doing what they like : quietly inspecting horses for one, going around a ship and talking to a lot of people for the other. :)

Must say the contrast between the regal Queen at the State Opening of Parliament and the cuddly granny at the horse show is especially cute!

HM packs into one day more than I do in three days and I can bet my last donut which event she looked forward to the most. :flowers:

. It had to have been a nippy ride for them to say the least..

Oh, I can too!I have heard that those carriages get very hot- they probably kept the window open so HM would not faint!Though they should be cautious given what happens when Prince Phillip is in cold weather!

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 3h
The Queen & Philip to visit Cambridge on 23rd May - travel scheduled train & Cambridgeshire Guided Bus to Medical Molecular Biology lab.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 3h
The Queen & Philip to visit Cambridge on 23rd May - travel scheduled train & Cambridgeshire Guided Bus to Medical Molecular Biology lab.

Will a certain Duke or Duchess be with them?

I'm not sure, since they have already made their official visit to Cambridge.

I know the Duke is busy that day- would be nice if they took the Duchess along......

the queen really look very very healthy, thank to god.

Pictures:
The Duke of Edinburgh driving his carriage at the Royal Windsor Horse Show 2013:
The British Nobility

Love the 3rd pic.
On page 2 of the link, there are even more cute photos- the ones of the DOE bent over feeding the ponies sugar cubes- priceless! Screams- All Creatures Great and Small/Siegfried Farnon to me.....

Last edited:
I don't know, we had a square dance friend that danced until he was 98.

Wow, you can really see Charles in him there.

It's always nice to see him out and about, with a smile on his face.

Glad it's not just me that's amazed by that....No way he looks 92.

Add me to the list of those who are amazed by that. I'd love to have his energy level now, and I'm nowhere near 92.

Add me to the list of those who are amazed by that. I'd love to have his energy level now, and I'm nowhere near 92.

Know exactly what you mean!If/ when I get to be that age, hope I have that much energy.....

Queen Elizabeth met the High Commissioner of Bangladesh Mohamed Mijarul Quayes (1&2) and the Ambassador of Egypt Mohamed Ashraf El Kholy (3&4) during audiences at Buckingham Palace on May 15, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Yesterday, May 16, the Duke of Edinburgh presented medals during the Afghanistan Operational Service Medals Parade for 40 Commando Royal Marines at Norton Manor Camp in Taunton.

** gettyimages gallery ** itv.com: 40 Commando homecoming **

** dailymail: Home safe: Thousands line the streets of Somerset town to mark return of Royal Marines...**

Queen Elizabeth yesterday received the High Commissioner for New Zealand, Dr The Right Honourable Alexander Lockwood Smith, at an audience at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic **

And today, May 17, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh have been in Cornwall!

They visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution St. Ives as well as Tate St. Ives, Porthmeor Beach and they attended a lunch at the Castle, St. Michael's Mount, Marazion.

** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh Visit Cornwall **

Last edited:
Wow, you can really see Charles in him there.

It's always nice to see him out and about, with a smile on his face.

And Harry. They all have the close set eyes and prominent brows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom