The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's Mike & Zara's wedding picture. On that same table is William & Catherine's engagement portrait.
Ahh so it is. Thanks. :)

Old 02-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Another photo of the Queen receiving Angela Merkel. Image
I was admiring the decor of this lovely room & its splendid fireplace & then I noticed that ugly electric heater in front of the fireplace.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I was admiring the decor of this lovely room & its splendid fireplace & then I noticed that ugly electric heater in front of the fireplace.
Well spotted!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, The Queen makes sure she uses her electric heater.

The Queen Asks: Was Richard III Really Found Buried Under A Car Park?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...XjLNec.twitter

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Doesn't Balmoral have them too? I wonder if all the BP apartments have heaters...I would rather light the fire.

The colour of the room's walls are lovely and calming.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Doesn't Balmoral have them too? I wonder if all the BP apartments have heaters...I would rather light the fire.

It looks like a portable heater,I've seen them too at Balmoral!

The room is beautiful,I think a nice fire would have complimented that wonderful fireplace.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:

The room is beautiful,I think a nice fire would have complimented that wonderful fireplace.
I would too, but you are not allowed to light a fireplace in central London.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are having lunch at Chequers with Prime Minister David Cameron. It's the monarch's first visit in 18 year
John Major was the last prime minister to invite the Queen to Chequers, a grace and favour Tudor mansion in Buckinghamshire.
The Queen's only other visit to Chequers, which houses Cromwell memorabilia, was in 1970 when she lunched with Ted Heath and Richard Nixon.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen and Angela Merkel at Buckingham Palace
face to face
Old 02-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yahoo UK News ‏@YahooNewsUK 24m
It's not as good as Balmoral: The Queen is shown around Chequers by Cameron pic.twitter.com/Px497ymATz

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Queen and Prince Philip enjoyed lunch at Chequers today, for the first time in two decades.
David Cameron said he was 'delighted' to invite them to the Prime Minister’s country retreat after unearthing old photographs of a 1970 visit by US President Richard Nixon.
After a tour of the house, the rare occasion was marked by the Duke of Edinburgh planting an oak tree in the grounds.
David Cameron gives the Queen a tour of Chequers | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would too, but you are not allowed to light a fireplace in central London.
surely you jest! Is this some draconian measure to combat the infamous fogs?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Here are some additional pics of the visit to the Prime Minister's country retreat:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II Visits the PM's Residence **
Old 02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
surely you jest! Is this some draconian measure to combat the infamous fogs?
Here in my area of CA we have 'no burn days' which are declared when the air quality is below a certain level. Spare the Air
I assume London has an outright ban for similar reasons.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Here are details of the legislation enacted to solve the huge problem of London 'pea-soupers', fogs which killed thousands in the 19th and early 20th centuries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Air_Act_1956
Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is really cute...I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket. She looks so small in these photos.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The queen look completely non-plussed. That's the face you give a real estate sales person when they get nothing right!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109 View Post
interesting how Chancellor Merkel does a semi curtsey to the Queen: does protocol demand an elected representative make a reverence to a representative by birthright?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well one is only a Head of Government and not a Head of State so maybe it is an acknowledgement that the Queen is of a higher status than a mere Chancellor. (Germany also has a President who is their Head of State and Chancellor is the equivalent really of the Prime Minister).
Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh went carriage driving on the Long Walk at Windsor Castle today, March 1st.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **