Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit Northern Ireland - 23rd-25th June.

Announcement comes after this morning's Parliament speech where a "United Kingdom" was mentioned frequently.

@BritishMonarchy: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit #NorthernIreland from 23 to 25 June 2014: http://t.co/KdvDBeqDLe

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended the Beating Retreat at Horse Guards Parade yesterday evening. Performed every two years in celebration of the birthday of the Captain General of the Royal Marines, the Duke of Edinburgh, this year it forms part of a schedule of UK-wide celebrations to mark the 350th anniversary of the Royal Marines-
Home - ITNSource News

Looks like Her Majesty had viewed the Beating Retreat from The Duke of Wellington's Office.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 1m
#TheQueen will open Westminster School's new Sports Centre, Greycoat Street, London on 12 June.

The Coronation Day of Queen Elizabeth II was June 2nd, 1953.
For over a year she had already been a reigning sovereign.

I know that. I Was correcting the person above me who said the Queen been reigning for 61 Years.

Queen Elizabeth received Sir Magdi Yacoub, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Imperial College London, during an audience where he presented the Insignia of a member of the Order of Merit on June 10, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth received Sir Magdi Yacoub, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Imperial College London, during an audience where he presented the Insignia of a member of the Order of Merit on June 10, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I imagine someone was looking down and smiling.;)
Love her Majesty's outfit - very summery.

A Coupe Months Ago I Sent The Queen a Birthday Card and Today I Got a Reply in the Mail!

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1402550142.490521.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1402550277.578708.jpg

:previous:

What a nice surprise, BritishRoyalist, I'm happy for you! :flowers:

While Queen Elizabeth has officially opened the new Westminster School's sports centre in Londo today, June 12,

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

the Duke of Edinburgh has been in Fallingbostel, Germany to present Operational Service medals to the 4th Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Video:
The Queen has officially opened the new sports centre at Westminster School in central London this morning. Her Majesty met staff and pupils during a guided tour of the new facility on Greycoat Street, and watched demonstrations of climbing and judo before unveiling a commemorative plaque to mark her visit-
Home - ITNSource News

Wonderful photos of the queen and DOE- traveling to Germany, not bad for 93-year-old!

A Coupe Months Ago I Sent The Queen a Birthday Card and Today I Got a Reply in the Mail!

View attachment 291658View attachment 291660

Wow!! Now that's a keepsake and then some!

Quite the day for the 90 + group. The DoE in Germany on Duty and Fmr US President George H.W. Bush went on a tandem skydive today to mark his 90th Birthday.

I want to be like them if I make it to 90.

Video:
Her Majesty the Queen has met the President of Nauru Baron Divavesi Waqa and his wife at Buckingham Palace today-
Home - ITNSource News

I think the President of Nauru and his wife was a bit overwhelmed in meeting Her Majesty.

It's odd seeing the DoE handing out medals in civilian dress. Maybe, with having to travel to Germany, it was just easier for him not to have to change his outfit as well?

In the first picture of Prince Philip in Germany,
Philip looks very distinguished in his dress hat.

Although I know this is very much against protocol for someone to touch the Queen (other than an handshake), I have to admit it does make me smile. The article lists quite a few of these faux pas and it makes me think that perhaps HM is the most beloved grandmotherly figure in the world. One just feels the need to protect her and show affection for this wonderful lady.

Although I know this is very much against protocol for someone to touch the Queen (other than an handshake), I have to admit it does make me smile. The article lists quite a few of these faux pas and it makes me think that perhaps HM is the most beloved grandmotherly figure in the world. One just feels the need to protect her and show affection for this wonderful lady.

Agree, I don't think there was any disrespect in this, on the contrary. To me it seems like an endearment. Especially towards an elderly lady.

Here is an article and additional pics: http://royalista.com/13599/queen-elizabeth-gets-a-pat-on-the-back-at-polo/?lang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom