Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, December 11, Queen Elizabeth received the Ambassador of Ireland Daniel Mulhall and the Ambassador of Denmark Claus Grube at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 8h
The Queen will return to Buckingham Palace tomorrow afternoon. She’ll then host a Christmas meal for the whole family during the week...

… and attending a Christmas meal for all her staff. After that, she’ll be off to Sandringham for her annual Christmas break.

The pre-Christmas lunch hosted by HM at Buckingham Palace is attended by the whole family - only close family tend to stay at Sandringham.

It's always good to see The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh leave for Sandringham but I do miss those old pictures of The Queen arriving by train with her corgis. We don't see her with her corgis anymore.

Good to see both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh looking well, wonder why the DM mentioned a Jaguar when it was a Range Rover the photographs.

Good to see both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh looking well, wonder why the DM mentioned a Jaguar when it was a Range Rover the photographs.

There's a Jag in front of the Range Rover, you can see the two sets of wing mirrors in this one -
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/19/article-2526426-1A32E4FE00000578-780_634x351.jpg

And the fact the Queen gets out of a door that's much lower to the ground than the Range Rover -
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/19/article-2526426-1A32E3D100000578-580_634x366.jpg

It's always good to see The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh leave for Sandringham but I do miss those old pictures of The Queen arriving by train with her corgis. We don't see her with her corgis anymore.
I want to see a photo of HM and the DoE jumping the turnstiles before dashing on to the train. :D

I want to see a photo of HM and the DoE jumping the turnstiles before dashing on to the train. :D

Her Majesty and The Duke were driven directly on to the platform and so it was two steps to the train. The article even said her staff buy her train ticket in advance with the railcard! :lol:

You really can't compare non-jubilee to Jubilee years. It's apples and oranges because the appearances are booked heavier to cover all the memorials and territories in Jubilee years.

Edit - and hell will now freeze over as when I read the DM - they actually provide recaps for multiple years! Appearances down 8% from 2011. I stand corrected.

And there is an odd comment in the final paragraph about Kate's full time working royal status.

Last edited:
You really can't compare non-jubilee to Jubilee years. It's apples and oranges because the appearances are booked heavier to cover all the memorials and territories in Jubilee years.

Edit - and hell will now freeze over as when I read the DM - they actually provide recaps for multiple years! Appearances down 8% from 2011. I stand corrected.

And there is an odd comment in the final paragraph about Kate's full time working royal status.

Leave it to the DM to try to make it seem The Duchess of Cambridge isn't interested in being a working senior royal. She has shown a great deal of passon and interest in official duties.

I'm guessing the best solution is for the children to stop bringing flowers.

Here we go again....

Queen fails to collect flowers from waiting children for second week in a row after church

Queen fails to collect flowers from waiting children for second week in a row after church | Royal | News | Daily Express

I wouldn't be surprised if this is in response to security concerns. It does seem that the queen was quite vulnerable.

I also think it's a bit much for people to think they can force her majesty to perform. When I look at the videos, it often seems like the children are not even interested but rather it's all about them showing off for their parents. Sometimes they don't even make eye contact with her but pretty much shove the flowers at her and turn around. I thought the behavior this year was the more egregious than in the past.

I also think it's a bit much for people to think they can force her majesty to perform. When I look at the videos, it often seems like the children are not even interested but rather it's all about them showing off for their parents. Sometimes they don't even make eye contact with her but pretty much shove the flowers at her and turn around. I thought the behavior this year was the more egregious than in the past.

I agree. I, too, notice how many children just shove over the flowers and leave. It's the parents who want to be able to show pics and say "my child met the queen".

Yes, she is the queen, and yes, she vowed to serve her country =- but c'mon! She's 87 years old! Personally I am absolutely amazed at how well she looks and how active she is - I'm 68 and I'm not sure I could keep up with her!

Well at least we know the last time wasn't just a one off. Clearly HM wants it to be known that she'll only collect flowers on Christmas Day. I wonder how long until she stops doing that. I assume there is a reason behind this otherwise I have to say pictures of the Queen walking past children in wheel chairs without stopping don't exactly look good.

Last edited:
Last year she did accept the flowers long after Christmas and into the new year when she and Prince Philip would attend other church services during her holiday. I would advice the children to stop giving flowers to her after Christmas Day. Therefor no one is disappointed in her not accepting their flowers. A nice wave to The Queen would do.

I must agree, some of the children are interested in giving flowers to Her Majesty but some of the children are doing it to please their parents and grandparents.

Last year she did accept the flowers long after Christmas and into the new year when she and Prince Philip would attend other church services during her holiday. I would advice the children to stop giving flowers to her after Christmas Day. Therefor no one is disappointed in her not accepting their flowers. A nice wave to The Queen would do.

I must agree, some of the children are interested in giving flowers to Her Majesty but some of the children are doing it to please their parents and grandparents.

IMO its not the children its a parent looking for a photo opportunity.

Can someone who has been a Sandringham Christmas watcher for years tell us if the Queen as always collected flowers from all comers while she attends over the holidays.

My very vague memory is that at Balmoral, she attends church at a number of local places, and I don't have a memory that people show up with flowers.

I also don't remember recurring weekends of flower giving at Sandringham in previous years. My memory is not always the best.

I do think it ridiculous for any parent to expect their child to to meet the royal of their choice anytime they show up at a place that the royal is. For years ladies in waiting helped with this. Handlers only allow so much time for the crowds, and while William and Kate usually stay longer, other royals prefer to do the next visit the polite honor of timeliness. They have helpers collect the gifts and names for donations and thank yous respectively.

In any case - even at scheduled appearances, today, kids stuck at the back or in the wrong part of the crowd may not be able to gift their flowers to their royal of choice. I think this is an invented issue and it needs to go away. :flowers::lol: (Get it? Laughing at flowergate!)

But they're not going to, I would say at 99.9% of the walkabouts/events/gatherings a member of the royal family attends, flowers are presented to them. Children are giving a gift to a member of the royal family, it's something incredibly special. The Queen appears now to be refusing to take them at Sandringham, whether that's for personal reasons or the places she gives them to are saying "we're full". This is a connection for children to the royal family, and it's now being ignored. I might sound stupid but I think it's very harsh.

Why stop giving her flowers are Christmas Day? As we know people showed up on Christmas Day, did not get the chance to see or give their flowers to a royal or a LIW and came back, and were then ignored. Children think very highly of the Prince Charmings and the ladies in the tiara's in the royal family.

I think it has little to do with photo-ops, though that "selfie" girl from Christmas Day certainly took an advantage, after christmas we get the same long lensed shots by the press and personally I don't see a family member asking The Queen "Can you pose for a piccie with my son?"

Last edited:
She has always taken the time in the past to meet with the children when they come to see her at church when at Sandringham.

That she is now refusing to do so is sad and shows that she has lost some of the touch she used to have.

She is on show whenever she appears in public - she used to realise that but seems to have forgotten that fact. If she doesn't want to perform then she has to stop going out in public and arrange to have a room at Sandringham consecrated so she can have her Sunday service privately.

IF she had Sunday services privately at Sandringham she would be criticized for that as well. Queen or not, this lady is 87+ years old and if her "loyal, loving subjects" can't understand that then it is indeed their problem. She has given of herself ALL her life and if she needs for whatever reason to cut short her walk about it seems to me to be a silly suggestion that she should just now retire inside. Like so much of the public these days it is an issue of entitlement on the part of the public. Would they expect the same thing from their own mothers or grandmothers who are that age?

I think there is something up with The Queen's health. I don't think she is well. I don't think the Queen of person to suddenly stop doing something unless something is wrong. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom