Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is remarkable about keeping such a weekly record on the forums here is that they all are archived and at a glance, we can go back at any point and see what they did at any point in time.

I'd wager that the work Iluvbertie has done is more precise and on the mark than any other unofficial record there is out there.

Queen Elizabeth honoured with 100ft forest carving
Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee has been commemorated with a 100 foot letter 'E' cut into a forest. Volunteers banded together to cut hundreds of trees in South Downs, East Sussex, in order to create the giant letter to honour the monarch's milestone last year. The mammoth project was spearheaded by local farmer Carola Godman Irvine, and relied solely on royal enthusiasts devoting their time and local companies donating machinery. She said: 'It has been a real community effort and it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the generosity of a number of local businesses. They said they wanted to help out so they could tell their children and grandchildren in years to come that they were part of it.'

:previous:

They got the permission of South Downs National Park Authority, so I assume it was a planned deforestation or something.

If the article didn't clearly state the portrait was that of the Queen (at whatever age), I would have asked "Who is the lady with the long neck"?
The portrait looks absolutely nothing like her.

On a slightly different note, is it possible the tiara the Queen is wearing is the no-longer-existing Nizam of Hyderabad tiara?

If the article didn't clearly state the portrait was that of the Queen (at whatever age), I would have asked "Who is the lady with the long neck"?

On a slightly different note, is it possible the tiara the Queen is wearing is the no-longer-existing Nizam of Hyderabad tiara?

It almost looks like the Nizam of Hyderabad tiara.

I would've known that portrait was The Queen. To me it's a work of art, not meant to be perfect.

My grandmother's sister have a copy of a painting of a young girl sitting in the grounds infront of Windsor Castle. She have no idea who the little girl is but it's actually a portrait of the young Princess Elizabeth. I told her who the young girl is but she don't believe me.

It's a portrait like this of Princess Elizabeth but with Windsor in the background:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoTFCR_hQUB4ARcmJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3DPrincess%2BElizabeth%2Bpainting%2Bat%2BWindsor%2BCastle%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D47&w=450&h=585&imgurl=rita314.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F06%2Fphilip_alexius_de_laszlo-princess_elizabeth_of_york_currently_queen_elizabeth_ii_of_england1933.jpg%3Fw%3D450%26amp%3Bh%3D585&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Frita314.wordpress.com%2Ftag%2Fqueen-elizabeth-ii%2F&size=38.6+KB&name=...+Princess+Elizabeth+of+York%E2%80%93Currently+Queen+Elizabeth+II+of+England&p=Princess+Elizabeth+painting+at+Windsor+Castle&oid=2b75f22d81f0422db00fd1e65fd8ab88&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=...%2BPrincess%2BElizabeth%2Bof%2BYork%25E2%2580%2593Currently%2BQueen%2BElizabeth%2BII%2Bof%2BEngland&b=31&ni=105&no=47&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11klg9f6b&sigb=144ih4nen&sigi=14neqi1dh&.crumb=czh1GG5J//3

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a Sunday church service at Castle Rising near Sandringham on January 20, 2013:

** gettyimages gallery **

The Duke of Edinburgh has attended the funeral of his niece, Princess Margarita of Baden in at the St Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in London today, January 24, 2013. Born in 1932, Margarita was one of three children of Prince Berthold, Margrave of Baden, and his wife, Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, a sister of the Duke. Crown Prince Alexander and Queen Anne-Marie attended as well.

** Pic ** sipa gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

I find it reminiscent of the famous protrait of Consuelo Vanderbilt while Duchess of Marlborough. Same exaggeratedly long neck

Does anyone know how often they have attended this church in the past?

I think that the royals attend services at 6 differnet churches when staying at Sandringham.

I've seen specific news reports for 2001 and 2009.

I think that the royals attend services at 6 differnet churches when staying at Sandringham.

I've seen specific news reports for 2001 and 2009.

Thanks, cepe - I had no idea! This is a lovely church. Maybe not classically beautiful, but I love the tawny stone and the grounds. I'd love to see it from the inside in person.
Outside: St Lawrence's church in Castle Rising - Norman west facade

Inside with light coming in the windows: http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4932521689220985&pid=15.1

Inside with a lovely Norman font! http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4622790141479602&pid=15.1

"Wearing a pink outfit and accompanied by a lady-in-waiting, the Queen, who is the branch’s president, arrived at West Newton village hall shortly before 3pm, where she was greeted by the institute’s chairman, Yvonne Browne."

Is this Yvonne Brown the woman who writes Yvonne's Royalty? Just curious..

What's Yvonne's Royalty?

I don't think so, Michelle, her companion seems to have very blonde hair. I think Margaret Rhodes has let her hair grey naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom