Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Kataryn. This woman is his "partner", already an embarrasing title, not his wife. She realyy is not the First Lady in my opinion as he is still married which makes his wife the actual First Lady. I find his decision of presenting his mistress to the Queen as quite tacky and an incredible insult to his wife. I think if he is set on this woman being at his side then he needs to divorce his wife. It shows me that he is not only disrespecting his wife but also this woman. He wants the best of both worlds which in real life does not work out well. I would have little respect for this man and I would find it difficult to support someone like that as the President of a country. He is not trustworthy. Just my opinion. As for HM, she of course would not make a fuss even though she is probably thinking something similar about this man.

I think if The Queen, Palace officials and government were fine with it, then everythings is okay.

The Queen is used to dealing with "partners" and "mistresses."

I have to agree with Kataryn. This woman is his "partner", already an embarrasing title, not his wife. She realyy is not the First Lady in my opinion as he is still married which makes his wife the actual First Lady. I find his decision of presenting his mistress to the Queen as quite tacky and an incredible insult to his wife. I think if he is set on this woman being at his side then he needs to divorce his wife. It shows me that he is not only disrespecting his wife but also this woman. He wants the best of both worlds which in real life does not work out well. I would have little respect for this man and I would find it difficult to support someone like that as the President of a country. He is not trustworthy. Just my opinion. As for HM, she of course would not make a fuss even though she is probably thinking something similar about this man.

There's a heck of a lot of assumptions being made here. I don't know what's gone on between Herr Gauck and his wife, or between him and his 'partner', and in all honesty, I don't think anyone has a right to know. I doubt very much that anyone other than the 3 people directly involved know what's happened and where everyone stands.

I do know, however, that making a judgement about anyone on the basis of a few snippets about their private life is pretty silly.

There's a heck of a lot of assumptions being made here. I don't know what's gone on between Herr Gauck and his wife, or between him and his 'partner', and in all honesty, I don't think anyone has a right to know. I doubt very much that anyone other than the 3 people directly involved know what's happened and where everyone stands.

I do know, however, that making a judgement about anyone on the basis of a few snippets about their private life is pretty silly.

Especially as there are very good reasons why Mr. Gauck actually became our president. He was a prominent figure in the GDR, courageous on his church pulpit but seeking actively to change the circumstances there with peaceful means. After the reunification he became boss of the federal agency who dealt with the documents of the Stasi-terror, so was responsible for material that threatened the inner peace of Germany and he made a very good job out of it. He is very well respected as a political person and most germans want him for president and are quite happy with his work, as he speaks out what's on his mind and represents us, not the political caste. If only he had decided to approach the inclusion of his private life into his office in a different way. :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, November 16, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

phil dampier‏@phildampier
Just two days now until big news on The Duke.

Tweeted on the 17th. I wondder what big news will be announced about The Duke of Edinburgh?

:previous:
Me too.
Just out of curiosity, was it actually specified the Duke of Edinburgh was meant?
Perhaps the announcement will be about the Dukes of Cambridge or Kent or Gloucester?

I dont think its a divorce announcement :lol:

Possibly stepping down from public duties? or giving notice to that effect, the date coinciding with the Duke of Cambridge taking on full royal duties?

But it may just be something to do with his status as its their wedding anniversary, although I dont know of any honour that hs has not yet received.

Thanks! :flowers:
It is most likely the announcement will indeed deal with a decrease in the number of the Duke's engagements.

I dont think its a divorce announcement :lol:

Possibly stepping down from public duties? or giving notice to that effect, the date coinciding with the Duke of Cambridge taking on full royal duties?

But it may just be something to do with his status as its their wedding anniversary, although I dont know of any honour that hs has not yet received.
Prince consort, perhaps ?

I can't imagine an official announcement that he will be decreasing his duties. Did this happen for the Queen mother ? Or did the number of her engagements slowly decrease without official notification ?

Prince consort, perhaps ?

I can't imagine an official announcement that he will be decreasing his duties. Did this happen for the Queen mother ? Or did the number of her engagements slowly decrease without official notification ?

I do think he has steadily been going a bit easier and agree it wouldn't call for a major announcement. First thing that came to my mind is that he could possibly be handing off his major role in the Duke of Edinburgh Award totally to his son Edward. The passing of that baton would definitely cut the DoE's workload and is a major acknowledgement that in the future it is his wish that Edward be created the Duke of Edinburgh.

Then again it could be something completely different. Has me curious.

I didn't mean decreasing, I meant ceasing. But it would be with "notice" - that coinciding with William's remaining time in the RAF.

But I'm speculating

First thing that comes to my mind is a serious illness of some description. Were there not rumours a few years ago that Philip had terminal cancer? I know it was denied at the time.

The logical assumption, I suppose, would be that the DoE is essentially withdrawing from public life with William picking up the slack.

Oh, I do hope that's not the case. :sad:
I'd rather believe some new honour will indeed be bestowed upon him; maybe he will indeed become The Prince Consort?

I think you've got it right there, Artemesia. Prince Philip, Prince Consort.

If that is the case, it's a tad mean of HMQ to make him wait 65 years!

Oh, I do hope that's not the case. :sad:
I'd rather believe some new honour will indeed be bestowed upon him; maybe he will indeed become The Prince Consort?

I think either this (Prince Consort) - or that we on the Forums are being used to pre-hype someone else's bit of PR.

First thing that comes to my mind is a serious illness of some description. Were there not rumours a few years ago that Philip had terminal cancer? I know it was denied at the time.

The logical assumption, I suppose, would be that the DoE is essentially withdrawing from public life with William picking up the slack.

If he were ill I don't think they would tweet a "tckler" like that and then announce it on their anniversary!:(

I'm thinking its something to do with his official duties or it could be the title of Prince Consort.

Well that was 'big'. I doubt Philip will ever see the title Prince Consort.

Oh excuse us from thinking the news was actually something important.

Dman said:
Oh excuse us from thinking the news was actually something important.

If this comment is directed at me, then why? A PR firm is hardly going to release information on Philips title, is it? Considering it's a firm that has previously released a Philip book, it wasn't going to be that big.

I wasn't directing anything at you, Lumutqueen. I just thought the palace was going to announce something about his royal duties or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom