Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he revels in the unexpected departure from the usual meet and greet; that's what makes life so interesting for the royals on these public engagements, I'm sure!

Last edited:
:previous:

Today, July 12, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh were in Birmingham and Shropshire. They've visited Victoria Square
and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham and paid a visit to the Royal Air Force Museum in Shifnal, Shropshire.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Birmingham As Part Of Her Diamond Jubilee Tour **

** birminghammail.net: Queen in Birmingham: Thousands in Victoria Square for Royal visit **

** expressandstar.com: Birmingham greets The Queen – in pictures **

** itv.com: Queen officially names Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham **

** cozycot: Queen elizabeth ii and prince phillip visit birmingham where: birmingham, england. **

Husband and I were in Victoria Square today (right by where they got out of the car and were walking around). The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh looked extremely well and fantastic :)

So glad that we made the effort to get up 5 hours early, walk miles, stand for 2 hours before anyone important even arrived :ROFLMAO:

Husband and I were in Victoria Square today (right by where they got out of the car and were walking around). The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh looked extremely well and fantastic :)

So glad that we made the effort to get up 5 hours early, walk miles, stand for 2 hours before anyone important even arrived :ROFLMAO:

How fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Were you able to get any pictures?

Daria_S said:
How fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Were you able to get any pictures?

We only managed to take about 200 photos and a video lol :) I can try and get a few of them online if anyone is interested :)

If you are still interested, I have uploaded a selection of photos. Apologies for the delay, was a little bit tipsy when I originally posted the message, so kind of forgot I was supposed to be posting them, then my husband very kindly sidetracked me with my anniversary present - tickets to view Buckingham Palace again, woo hoo DIAMONDS :flowers:

Hope they work ok, unfortunately I think they are in reverse order and I can't for the life of me work out how to change the order :bang: (actually, I think if you click on 'oldest', they should be in the correct order)

If you are still interested, I have uploaded a selection of photos. Apologies for the delay, was a little bit tipsy when I originally posted the message, so kind of forgot I was supposed to be posting them, then my husband very kindly sidetracked me with my anniversary present - tickets to view Buckingham Palace again, woo hoo DIAMONDS :flowers:

Hope they work ok, unfortunately I think they are in reverse order and I can't for the life of me work out how to change the order :bang: (actually, I think if you click on 'oldest', they should be in the correct order)

Thank you soo much for posting and sharing your pictures with us :flowers:. You had a pretty good spot to get such clear and close-up shots. You didn't get a chance to greet Her Majesty, did you?

Really good pictures Tortillachips. The pictures are so clear. And yes did u get to speak or meet her?

Great pictures, Tortilla Chips. Thank you for sharing them.

Queen Elizabeth has met with Mrs Aloun Ndombet-Assamba, the High Commissioner for Jamaica at a private audience
at Buckingham Palace on July 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Queen is in Leeds today, quite excited to try and see her for a 2nd time. Saw the Duke of York last week as well :)

?

That's odd. Black gloves two days in a row.

AdmirerUS said:

Why odd? Gloves go with an outfit, black goes with everything.

HM looking fantastic today.

Why odd? Gloves go with an outfit, black goes with everything.

Maybe admirer is commenting on the black gloves because HM seems to wear white more often??

They definitley go with what she has on.

The Queen is in Leeds today, quite excited to try and see her for a 2nd time. Saw the Duke of York last week as well :)

I hope you were successful, and got some pictures :D.

Her Majesty looks great, as usual. It would appear that she's enjoying her Jubilee Tours around the UK so far.

I don't see anything odd about it. Black goes with everything (though the peach outfit would have looked better with beige accessories). However, the beige and black ensemble warrants black gloves. If she wore beige, it would have looked too washed out.

We are replaying Queen and Country here on my local PBS station. It is a wonderful series loaded with lots of older footage and much that is new.

Queen Elizabeth has the most wonderful eyes. As a young woman her eyes were large and beautiful. Now her eyes are the window to her soul - wise, funny, happy,critical. Absolutely, they are her best physical feature. What a beautiful woman she is!

AdmirerUS said:
We are replaying Queen and Country here on my local PBS station. It is a wonderful series loaded with lots of older footage and much that is new.

Queen Elizabeth has the most wonderful eyes. As a young woman her eyes were large and beautiful. Now her eyes are the window to her soul - wise, funny, happy,critical. Absolutely, they are her best physical feature. What a beautiful woman she is!

I totally agree! Her eyes are beautiful and very expressive. And I love her voice. It's distinctive, clear, calm, and also very comforting.

The Duke of Edinburgh has attended the Audi International Polo at Guards Polo Club in Egham on July 22, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I have been watching it on PBS as well and it has been so wonderful. She was and still is a lovely woman, very expressive, very warm. What a great lady she is, I have great admiration for her. :)

Queen to have Diamond Jubilee lunch with four Prime Ministers in Downing Street - Telegraph

The lunch is being held as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations marking her 60 years on the throne.

The present incumbent David Cameron is attending, along with his three predecessors in Number 10 – Gordon Brown (2007-10), Tony Blair (1997-07), and Sir John Major (1990-97). Baroness Thatcher (1979-90) is not attending, and has largely withdrawn from public life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom