Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a service at the church of St Peter and St Paul in West Newton near Sandringham on February 3, 2013.

** gettyimages gallery **

:previous:

The ensemble looked somehow unfinished to me. And then I realised - no brooch. Ouch. The Queen looks lovely though: purple is definitely her colour.
It's nice to see that Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh never miss a Sunday service.

It's nice to see that Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh never miss a Sunday service.

It is lovely to see HM and the DOE out at Sunday services while at Sandringham (and even Balmoral) but does she attend services publicly while in London? As most her weekends tend to be spent at Windsor Castle, would expect her to attend St George's Chapel. Is it just (pardon the pun) old hat, so she isn't photographed attending, or is it more private? I know there used to be a private chapel IN Windsor castle, but I think since the fire it is gone.

The ensemble looked somehow unfinished to me. And then I realised - no brooch. Ouch. The Queen looks lovely though: purple is definitely her colour.

I think we've seen her before in this coat sans brooch. Too much going on with the strong coat color and the black - that's my guess.

Last edited:
It is lovely to see HM and the DOE out at Sunday services while at Sandringham (and even Balmoral) but does she attend services publicly while in London? As most her weekends tend to be spent at Windsor Castle, would expect her to attend St George's Chapel. Is it just (pardon the pun) old hat, so she isn't photographed attending, or is it more private? I know there used to be a private chapel IN Windsor castle, but I think since the fire it is gone.

I know that there is still a private chapel in the castle, in one of the BBC programs about the castle it showed the stain glass windows which included one showing the fire and the firefighters putting it out.
As well as St George's Chapel there is a small church close to The Royal Lodge which I think is very private so HM could also go there.

Her Majesty looks fabulous in purple, but I think with this coat a brooch would have been a bit much.

Oh, I understand the coat is quit dressy on its own. It's just the Queen without a brooch just looks somehow under dressed to me. :)

Such lovely photos and always lovely to see them attend Church.

Bummer about the bird shortage too, though i'd love to go carriage riding with Philip!

Last edited:
The word tradition is used to loosely these days. :flowers:

I don't get it? Elizabeth leaving Sandringham after the anniversary of her accession is quite a tradition. If you can't look for the RF for traditions, I don't know who to turn to.

I don't get it? Elizabeth leaving Sandringham after the anniversary of her accession is quite a tradition. If you can't look for the RF for traditions, I don't know who to turn to.

I agree. When its tradition you're looking for, its the BRF that are the go to royals for examples.

Personally I think taking more time to relax and be together is wonderful for HM and the DoE. The article states that usually the Queen would return to London on her own and leave Philip to the hunt. Hopefully we will see more and more examples that this beloved couple are slowing down a bit and cutting back on royal engagements and the younger royals (if you can really call Charles and Camilla young) doing more and more. There's no chance that HM or the DoE will ever fade away from their public engagements but slowing down can only be a good thing.

The Queen has arrived back at Kings Cross this morning to the familiar site of builders and local travellers.

Queen Elizabeth has received the Ambassador of the Netherlands Laetitia van den Assum and the Ambassador of the Hellenic Republic Konstantinos Bikas during private audiences at Buckingham Palace on February 12, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

That's a pretty suit on her - so soft but carrying just the right bit of authority! God bless Elizabeth II for the near perfect way she performs her duties.

Dr. Ernest Hilaire was received in audience by Queen Elizabeth upon his appointment as High Commissioner for St. Lucia at Buckingham Palace today, February 14, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

^^ Love this dress of the Queen. Good cut and so fashionable

Today, February 15, Queen Elizabeth received the Ambassador from the Republic of South Sudan Sabit Abbe Alley and the Ambassador from the Republic of Croatia Dr. Ivan Grdesic at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I doubt it.

She made her feelings on abdication known when Beatrix's mother abdicated with her comment along the lines of 'monarchs don't abdicate'. She wasn't impressed then and I suspect isn't impressed now as she believes very strongly that she was called by God to this position and only God can take it away from her - with her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom